Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

For the Lakota guys.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default For the Lakota guys.

Interesting...seems as though some low end would be lost with my mods vs. yours. I will certainly look into this though!

My next mod will be the KG clutch kit. Know where best price is?

Old 03-09-2006 | 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

the only place to get kg kits is thru a parts unlimited book at your dealer.....i run kg frictions and springs and vesrah steels and it is by far the best kit ive ever used and the setup only cost around 55 bucks....i had a $80 dp kit before that and it was complete crap..the steel plates in it warped only 2 months after i installed it.....i am going on a year in april with the kg and it has not even needed ajustment yet.....

Old 03-09-2006 | 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Good info! Thanks, Holes!

Old 03-17-2006 | 09:41 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hayhay guys whatz up!

I got the tires in and Im gunn aget those put on tommorw. Got the 14t sprocket too.

One problem. Dint know I was gunn need a new chain. Length is way to short. I cant get it on the sprockets with out havin the thing tighter then a rubber band and I know that isnt any good.

Any input on size/length/type/ would be great. Would it posibly be a deal item I can just get tommorw?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-17-2006 | 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

did you ajust the chain? loosen the 2 carrier bolts and stick a screwdriver in that hole and pull up on it untill the carrier wont move any more...and the rear wheels need to be lifted off the ground when you ajust the chain, try that if you didnt already...i got my 14 tooth on with a stock sized 100 link chain, there was plenty of ajustment.....

Old 03-19-2006 | 05:18 PM
|
Trailblazer

Who haaa. That worked great. Dont know how I missed that in the manual. I losened all the way then had to really sping the back but once it got on all fit great!.

Much better feel to the quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Appreciate it!

Old 03-19-2006 | 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

cool that everything worked out and ya like the feel to it.................

Old 03-19-2006 | 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

haha, the book didn't mention having to lift the back wheels off the ground. I went riding the other day, and the chain came off... Luckily i was going very slow! It still ate up a little bit of my sprocket/diskbrake skid plate, but not much. Turns out that a stick got up in there, and threw it off line, plus i guess my chain stretched or somethin, because i took it to the dealer to get a "tune up", and they put a new chain on and everything. Anyways so i tried to tighten it up by loosening the 2 carrier bolts, and just pulling that axle back as hard as I could. I was getting frustrated at it, because i wanted to try out my new razrs that day, and it was getting late. Well, finally i pull the axle back, while at the same time tightning the carrier bolts as fast as I could. It worked a little bit, but was probly much harder than stickin the screwdriver in there, and lifting it up. Yes, I know, im a dumba$$, but ohwell. Razrs r great! And should I get the 14 tooth sprocket too, all my mods are in my "signature" thing. I will be getting a Big Gun Complete exhaust system this summer, as well as a clutch kit this week, and a few apperance mods (I.E. dg v-pro bumper, dg fat grabbar, ect.) Thanks,

Zach

Old 03-20-2006 | 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

By far the best mod for my lakota was the kg clutch kit. That thing has lasted me two years with one year abuse with my big bore kit and its still going strong. What kind of tires did you go with phyron? I would of suggested the holeshots because they are a flat racing tire that works well in every conditon. The only time I wished i had a better tire was in the deep mud or deep snow. Other than that they really hook up. If you want more acceleration go get a high comp piston from greg I think there is a really cheap one up for auction right now. Just go to www.cycleworksracing.net then click on the "contact us" tab then scroll down tell you see it.

Old 03-20-2006 | 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: holeshotz8436
glad to finally see someone on here with a lakota besides me lol......

for tires i would go with razr2's, 21-7-10's in the front on douglas red lables and 20x11x10's in the back with red lables or douglas ultiamtes if you want somthing a bit stronger and the aluminum wheels will deffinatly help out performance wise if you are looking for more throttle response and acceleraton but if you want to save money just mount the tires to the stock wheels....as far as sprockets if you are going to go with the 20 inch rear tires you will have to get a 14 tooth sprocket in the front...even with the stock 22's a 14tooth front sprocket will help utilize the engine power much better but you will have to get it from sidewinder or sprocket specialests...i would send back or return the dyno jet kit and the k&n filter...you can get bigger jetts at your dealer for 4 bucks each and you can get a twin air filter for 15 and they perform just as good and dont take as much to maintain nevermind that you will save aroud 60-70 bucks....and there really isnt a need to jet untill you get a pipe anyway and as far as pipes get a big gun, they are way better then the supertrapps and whatever you do dont get a dg or a cobra they both suck and are wicked loud.....i got orange plastics on mine too and it looks sick especially with the polsihed wheels and orange nerf netts....check out my pics and my mod list, just ignore the purple seat and back wheels and tires..that pic is a bit outa date...also if you ever wanna go real crazy with the engine check out cycleworksracing.net
hey holeshotz, i like lakota's too...lol....dont have much to say here u guys pretty much cleared everything up

Quick Reply: For the Lakota guys.