Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

For the Lakota guys.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006 | 06:57 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default For the Lakota guys.

Ride sweet!. The 14 t and the slightly lower tires give awhole new feel.

Maxxies razor fronts. With the maxxis razor rears. But the rears I went to a 20 inch instead of the 22. Felt like I had more stability with the new tires. When I ran it on some turns that in the past I knew to slow down it stayed tight with out to much roll.

When I sit back and hit the throtle it defently wants to life a little in the front but. I still cant get it there.

I spent more time on it this past weekend then on my KFX I just enjoyed flying around on it. not geared so low. Hanging in a higher gear in the trails. and What not. fun!

Before I run to the dealer... what would a KG clutch coast? And what is it? Disks/springs? or like the whole unit?

Little infamiliar.

Guys one again! Thanks for the support!

Old 03-21-2006 | 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

If you want, you can look at the forum I just made, the one that says Lakota fully manual. Holeshotz made it very clear on what it is. On the tire subject, I absolutely LUV my tires![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm gunna post some more pics later tonight if anyone wants to check them out. LatrZ

Old 03-21-2006 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

good choice going with the 20's and razr tires.....that size tire will work real well with the gearing that you have and razrz are a great tire....i have had my razr2 fronts on for 3/4 of a year and i drive on the road alot and they still look like new....i still am running my mudlites on the stock wheels in the back because im waitin till the snowy weather clears till i put the razr 2's mounted to douglas ultimates on but its spring now so its probally time to mount em up lol.........anyway if you want it to wheelie up a clutch kit with springs will deffinatly help it get the power to the wheels alot better....about the clutch kit....you need to get it from a dealer with a parts unlimited calalog....you need to order the kg pro kevlar frictions, kg hd springs and vesrah steel plates and if they have nothing listed for the kota specifically the bayou 300 takes the same clutch parts(bayou is klf300) and the kg springs and frctions with vesrah steels will run around 50 bucks which is really good considering crappier clutches like the dp cost almost dubble and it is super easy to install too.....i would also keep checkin ebay for a supertrapp or prefreberly(sp) big gun pipe to give ur kota some more kick....and next comes cams and a hi comp piston lol....and after that suspension, then a-arms and swinarms....it is a vicious cycle lol.......

Old 03-21-2006 | 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey holes who much was your front and rear ti-moly sprokets?

Old 03-22-2006 | 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NEWDUCK
Hey holes who much was your front and rear ti-moly sprokets?
you will be scared when you hear the price....and i got the race team discount too....

14t front sprocket......40.99
43t rear sprocket.......119.99
timoly 14,000lbs tensile chain....119.99
sidewinder synthetic chain lube.12.99
extra oversize masterlins(2)......6.99

Total with shipping 315.94

Old 03-22-2006 | 08:03 AM
|
Trailblazer

WOW, put some serious money into that animal of yours... maby someday. I intend to stick with this lakota for yrs to come [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

About the KG clutch I wrote the info down. dealer is open till 7:30-8pm tonight. About the only time I can ever make it there with the work schedual.

Im going to hit it up tonight! Also got one of the dealer service manuals on the way so I have some torque specs and pictures to go by. Maby Ill pick a clymers up too to be safe.

Phyro

Old 03-22-2006 | 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

WOW I could just about make one for cheaper than that. I think I will stick with the primary drive sprockets even if i do have to go threw a set every two years or so.

Old 03-22-2006 | 11:23 PM
|
Trailblazer

Anyone know were to get the part number for the vesrah steel plates?

My dealer ordered the other 2 parts but he said that he could not find any company that will make a steel plate for the lakota or Bayuo?

Any ideas? I told him I would call him back.

He had the book out and was flipping through it but nothing showed up in the steel.

Phyro

Old 03-23-2006 | 10:14 PM
|
Trailblazer

Dealer cant find anything but the friction plates. So

I found some new ones on ebay!

Woot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006 | 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I think the only place that has Steel plates for us Mojave and Kota guys is Kawie

Quick Reply: For the Lakota guys.