Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New BRUTE750 broke down

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006 | 12:34 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default New BRUTE750 broke down

I've had my new '06 brute 750 about a month,18 hours on it & i loved it,but now something's screwed up in the transfer case,i was using it to drag some fallen tree limbs off my trails, they were probably about 3-400lbs, i was in low & 4 wheel & i used the diff lock for more bite,then i noticed the diff lock still engaged,i checked the cable everything on the outside of the case seems to be working fine,now it's at the dealer,they looked at it & said they would start on it the next day it's now been 1 1/2 weeks so i called last night & they havn't started they said their going to have to tear it down & order parts which is what he already told me, then he said you really screwed that thing up bad,which makes me think i'm gonna have to fork out more money for a lawyer,in which i hate lawyers,& car dealers,& now atv dealers, he's already telling me it's gonna be a costly repair& he hasn't even tore it down, what about my warranty & extended warranty??,this guy sais that only covers factory defects. i thought the brute was built for pulling. i need some advice ,this is my first new atv & i paid too much for it, but i wanted a warranty,i was still happy about it after i rode it the first time,now i'm scared i won't see it again unless i fork out a ton of cash or wait till the end of summer to get it back.sorry so long but i had to either vent or shoot somebody..

Old 04-08-2006 | 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to see these kind of threads but unfortunately I see them all too often. My best advice is to tell your dealer in a very stern tone that he's not gonna rip you off. I don't know what it is about kawi dealers but it seems that kawi has a bunch of out of work wanna be mobsters always trying to rip you off. Let him know you think he's full of bull because how in the hell does he know what's wrong with it much less what it'll cost if they haven't even turned a wrench on it yet. Also let him know that it's under warrenty and WILL be covered as such even if you have to call kawi headquarters yourself. You'll be amazed at how a little phone call to the kawi headquarters will light a fire under the dealers a$$ and get them busy. I'm not saying be a complete a$$hole but I would deffinately let them know what I wanted and that I will take nothing less. And yes that does mean Legal action if neccessary but they WILL hold up their end of the deal. Because they got your money for the quad and extended warrenty, if you bought it, and will be responsible for the warrenty work that covers your purchase period.

Old 04-08-2006 | 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

A warranty is just that period, If Ford or Chevy tried that b.s. they woud be out of buisness due to law suits, Let the dip sh*t know you mean buisness & all will be well .

Old 04-08-2006 | 06:47 PM
Trailblazer

Man, I hate to hear this kind of stuff on these forums as well. I was jus curious, did you have any modification on your ATV other than stock? I cant begin to think that your dealer would treat a customer that way. I made it very clear to my dealer when I purchased an ATV what I expected service wise. I told him that after I buy my ATV I expect him to remember my name after the sale. GUESS WHAT, I called yesterday, he remembered me and I havent spoke with him for 6 months since the purchase! I also told him that there were 100 other dealers in the area I could buy from but I chose this dealer because of the service! That goes along way with a dealer cause then they know you expect to be treated well. Just like Fast said, you cant let them BS you. I had a co-worker have problems with his dealer on getting his Kodiak fixed. He didnt settle for anything less than what he wanted and was stern about it. That dealer took care of him right away

Old 04-08-2006 | 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Kodiak getting fixed?

Sorry buddy,

I luckly had a good guy salesman who informed me not to buy the warranty because they pretty much consider riding thru a mud puddle abuse. Guess what! I didn't buy a warranty. The warranty is still a warranty...They have to fix it but don't expect it without a fight.

Old 04-08-2006 | 10:37 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys for the advice,i'm going to call next week & talk to the owner& try threatening them with better bus./ attorney gen office if he doesn't sound like he's gonna light a fire, it's the service manager i've been dealing with,the only mods i have are 26" mudlights& i asked them about the tires voiding the warranty, they said technically yes, but kawi only knows what we tell them,& then they gave me some bull about how they wanted my business for service, when i called about the break in service i thought 179.00 was kinda crazy, for a oil change??, i think i'm gonna have to drive at least 50 miles for any service from now on,i thought if i took it to the place i bought it, they might be faster, but he lied and said i'll tear it down tommorrow, which didn't happen.

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

go in and pick up your wheeler, tell the manager that you are very unsatisfied with thier way of buisness and they will be hearing from kawi, take it to another dealer and explain your problem they will be more than willing to fix your bike to have you as a customer next time. after they get started call kawi and complain and you'll see them as mad as they can get.

Old 04-09-2006 | 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

i got the extended warranty with my 03 cat and my front end blew apart not even the casing was usable and they fix it under warranty and never even blinked. and i had 28" gators on it.
so i think your dealer is just being a dick.
read your warranty and see what it says mine said all parts and labour.
and not just factory defects. that just BS and i think you should tell him..
SAY WHEN I GOT THIS WARRENTY YOU SAID THAT IT COVERS ALL PARTS AND LABOUR NOT JUST FACTORY DEFECTS now WTF is going on.
and also tell them your sending kawi a letter letting them know what kind of service they giving and how there trying to rip you off.
that should put a Burr under there saddle

Old 04-09-2006 | 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with bfb. This way you get what you want all the way around and the people at the dealership get a good chewing from kawi.

Old 04-09-2006 | 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

Probably blew the front diff in which case warranty does cover it... its covered mine before.

Take it to another dealer.