Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF750 light flashing 2wd4wd

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006 | 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default BF750 light flashing 2wd4wd

Originally posted by: Hayashi
You may have to replace any of following:
1). EBC actuator
2). Control unit
3). Both EBC actuator and Control unit
Or the 2/4wd actuator rigth next to the front diff
Hayashi is rigth most of the time so listen to him

Old 11-12-2006 | 10:04 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MadLT
Here is some info bruteforcebob provided in the tech tips of the Nyroc forum. This should tell you the source of your problem.

Actuator Control System Trouble Shooting,
When the actuator fails, the controller enters failure mode and the indicator light illuminates 2WD,4WD alternately.
1. If it alternates really fast at .5 seconds on 2wd and .5 seconds on 4wd then the problem is Selectable 2wd/4wd actuator.
2. If it alternates from 2wd/4wd at 1 second intervals, the problem is the Engine Brake Actuator.
3. If it alternates from 2wd/4wd at 2 second intervals, the problem is both the selectable 2wd/4wd actuator and Engine brake actuator.
Prairedog, this is the correct info. It is right out of the manual. Tell your stealer to look at page 17-75 in the service manual,th en tell them you demand your money back. There is not one thing in the manual about diff oil having anything to do with this problem. It is an electrical malfunction not a diagnostic tool. The actuators are warrinty items if you are under warrinty. I have had to have two of each of them replaced. After you show them how to use the manual and get your money back, find another dealer. Plus make sure the owner of the dealership knows his techs do not know how to diagnose a defect. "Dirty oil" thats a good one. I do have to admit, I have heard of other dumb a$$ dealers saying the same thing. Hope this helps you out.

Oh one more thing. Do not clean them before you show the dealer that the problem still exists. But dirty or wet electrical connections to either actuator can cause the problem.

Old 11-12-2006 | 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I just dissconected mine on my 360. Who needs to spend 200 dollers for a new one that eventually breaks. Just take the fork out like i did and cover the flashing light up with electrical tape. Just as long as my 4wd works, im happy.

Old 11-13-2006 | 08:02 PM
|
Trailblazer

UPDATE....Went to pick up my wheeler at the dealer a few weeks ago. After spending a month there on it's 5th visit for the same problem, they finally figured out what was wrong. To make a very, very, very, long, long story short, I'll get to the point. They changed the actuator for the kebc located in the clutch guard and it solved the problem. Although they were unwilling to refund me for my original bill of wrongly changing the oil in the front end, I was sooooo happy to finally get this thing fixed that I didn't bother to fight too much. Thanks to all who responded and offered help!!!

Old 08-20-2007 | 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Brute Force '06 did the same thing to me yesterday while riding. Started flashing and I didn't even know what to look for. Seemed ok. I shut it off and back on. Kept riding about 5 minutes later the wheels locked up and I smelled the belt burning smell. only lasted about 2 seconds because when I heard the noise I hit the brakes and tried to get it into N fast as I could because I thought maybe the belt was tearing up. I haven't pulled the cover and really don't want to but I had to get towed back about 10 miles and that sucked. It won't crank because there is pressure on something. I guess I'll just take it to the dealer. I just got this kawasaki used but I'm going to get it running and trade it in on a new Cat. Tired of all this belt trouble and connector trouble just to get able to go a little faster.

Old 09-03-2007 | 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I fixed it. It was a broken belt and it was all torn up inside. Im sure something was sticking the actuator and that caused the light to flash. I put the new belt on and there is no squeal when I take off so that's good. Sounds solid and MUCH better than before. I'm going riding tomorrow to test it out. I hope it works. Belt deflection was 23-24mm so that's perfect. I also put the original CDI back on and took off the dynatek which kills the belt light which, to me, is stupid. We shall see how it goes.

Old 10-03-2007 | 04:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

First of all I am new to this forum and appreciate all the input and feedback that everyone puts up on the message boards, I personally own a 05 Brute Force, My better half has a team green 05 Prarie we bought both these new, her 2/4 wd light started blinking @ appx. 900 mis., it still is and I have not bought the KEBC sensor yet as she has just been riding it in 4WD, however I know friends that have 3 other bikes that this has been an issue under 1000 mis on the bikes. one of my friends had just changed the KEBC sensor module on the case and it was fine for like 250 miles and started to blink in and out of 2/4 WD, and it wasn`t cycling like it should after the key was turned off; ( by the way I had my cousin check out the switch and motor inside the KEBC module he replaced and both parts were OK motor and switch ) that leads me to believe that it may be a corroded connection problem most times?, although I put this KEBC module on my wifes bike annd hers started blinking in and out immediately; after reading the posts last night I called him and told him about the fuse/cleaning dialectric grese thing and he did it today and it solved the problem. my wife is a 2 second interval blink, I`m thinking its the KEBC module but will check fuse block 1st and clean and put grease on all the connectors and fuses etc. we ride in some sloppy conditions up here and I think it would be cheap insurance against corrosion and rust on electrical later anyway, but the removal of the KEBC all together piqed my interest as my wife loves it on hers I`m not that crazy about it myself and wouldn`t mind disabling it on my B.F., can you enlighten me on what the pros and cons arew of disabling it and what the best ways are to go about it, I`m very mechanically able to do what ever it takes to perform it myself. Also on the dealer shop thing my friend (listed problem and fuse cure above) left his bike at a shop for 6 days and they could not tell him what the exact problem was and did not charge him, its just a pain to go through it and then have dealers that cant diagnose a problem that is crazy w/the amount of bike going out the door sold you`d think they would supply dealers w/ a test box that plugs in and tests these things. soory for that ramblings and thanks for all you do to help, safe riding to all !!