Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

please help...I know nothing about 4 wheelers!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help...I know nothing about 4 wheelers!!

hey guys...obviously I'm the newbie around here, so hello! actually I really need some 4wheeler guidance.

my boyfriend absolutely LOVES his fourwheeler. We ride it all the time and he goes to big atv parks with his friends...it's his favorite pastime.

Well, I had actually never even been on an atv until I met him. So my knowledge of fourwheelers is limited to how to hold onto him so I don't fly off when we go climbing and mudding.

The point of this message is that his birthday is coming up, and I'd really like to get him something he'd love. He recently purchased a new fourwheeler, so he'd freak out for nice rims and tires. But I have no clue what I'm shopping for!

His fourwheeler is a 2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force model in this pretty silver color (I actually do know that!)...so if anyone has ideas about awesome tires and rims to go with that so he can change his stock ones out...I'd really appreciate some help!!!

please help me!

thanks everyone!

~ihearttexas

Old 08-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Since you may not know exactly what he may want, you could make your own special gift certificate on the computer. It could state that he has his choice of tires and rims of his choice!

Have Fun!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Rims/tires check it out!

Here ya go, check this site...Ive even typed in the kind of atv he's got...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: ihearttexas
hey guys...obviously I'm the newbie around here, so hello! actually I really need some 4wheeler guidance.

my boyfriend absolutely LOVES his fourwheeler. We ride it all the time and he goes to big atv parks with his friends...it's his favorite pastime.

Well, I had actually never even been on an atv until I met him. So my knowledge of fourwheelers is limited to how to hold onto him so I don't fly off when we go climbing and mudding.

The point of this message is that his birthday is coming up, and I'd really like to get him something he'd love. He recently purchased a new fourwheeler, so he'd freak out for nice rims and tires. But I have no clue what I'm shopping for!

His fourwheeler is a 2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force model in this pretty silver color (I actually do know that!)...so if anyone has ideas about awesome tires and rims to go with that so he can change his stock ones out...I'd really appreciate some help!!!

please help me!

thanks everyone!

~ihearttexas
Welcome to the forum. You have gotten some good advice, I would add that tire preference seems to be a very personal preference from rider to rider. Perhaps you should do a little on line shopping with your boyfriend as you try to learn more about the sport from him. I know this worked for years when my wife and I were first going together and married. Now, some 45 years later we just point to something and say "Thats the one I want".

One question, my birthday is coming up, do you want to be my girlfriend for a day? I could use some new tires and the wife would probably love to get rid of me for a day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

follow this link, these are by far the sexiest wheels on the market they're awesome. Climax wheels as for tires I'd suggest some mudlights or supergrip superlites(same thing as mudlite just lasts longer

Old 08-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, by the way, you can get them off ebay just type in climax wheel

Old 08-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The homeade gift certificate is a good idea. You have to keep in mind that with rims, you will be spending anywere from 400 to 800 dollars on the whole set. Mine were 600 bucks deliveerd to my door. They are an all terrain tire (snow, mud, rough terrain, hardpack) and last a long time. You can see them in my pics.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out atvoutfitters.net. Matt has a large selection of wheels and rims and if you call the price is usually cheaper.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

Texas: When you do decide on what wheels & tires your gettin, go to www.Dicksatv.com. Call their 800 # speak to Mikey he'll give you the BEST DEAL HANDS DOWN. No I don't work for MIKE but, I bought from DICK's and MIKE was great. Hope this helps.