Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

flooded Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flooded Prairie

I posted this on Nyroc's site also, please help if you have any ideas:
Well, I really screwed up my Prairie this week. Got in water that was a little deeper than expected. The quad shut off and would not start, muffler was under water. We pulled it out and tipped it up so the water flowed out of the muffler. Oil looked good, still not firing. We pulled it back to the truck and then noticed that the oil looked nasty, kind of grey. So yesterday I changed the oil and filter, checked both plugs for spark and it still won't fire. It never sucked water into the airbox. It pops a little, but never wants to keep going. Any ideas?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default flooded Prairie

Ok so we know water got in the oil ,so when you do get it running you will have to change the oil again , and maybe even a third time if still milky or grey. no spark? , remove plugs and turn engine over til all water is out of cylinders, put in new plugs, try it ,hopefully it will start, now if you drowned out the quad in clean water you will have to pull the rubber boot off of the top of the clutch cover and when you get it running in neutral high rev it and clear the water out , if you did it in muddy water you should pull the cover and check and clean clutches if needed. Good Luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default flooded Prairie

sounds like you need to drain the floats on the carbs. there are little allen head screws on the carbs, you should be able to see them, take them out of both carbs and let them drain until you get a good clean flow of gas then put the screws back in. also like oggydoggy said, take out the plugs and crank it over and blow out any water left in the cylinders. also either take the boot off the belt housing or take the cover right off and get any water or trash out of the cvt. you will need to do multiple oil/filter changes to get any water out. good luck.