Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

first year model

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first year model

i am probably going to buy a kfx-700. should i buy a first year model, or should i wait a couple years until they get all the problems fixed and they know what to fine-tune and make better? what do you guyts think?

Old 10-11-2002, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default first year model

There are advantages both ways at least if there is any hop ups you need before buying the bike they already be out if you waite. If you are the first on the block you will be the envy of the nation, " How fast does it go, where did you get it, will it beat a banshee, will it beat a raptor, how does it handle", I could go on and on. I think you see my meaning you will be the guinea pig. Let your conscience and wallet be your guide. Do you want to be the first on the block with one or the 75th person its up to you????

Old 10-12-2002, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default first year model

the tecnoligy isn't new on it so it is going to be a winner off the bat. its as big as the ds650 but weighs less. its got horse power and then some. http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/da96e6b3/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/DSC00406.jpg?bcEA0z9AAPJVbsS heres a link to the one i have had at my work if you want to take a look.

Old 10-12-2002, 03:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default first year model

kawasaki usually makes a good product. the powerplant is simply a massaged version of the prarie 650 powerplant. just as we saw with the release of the z and kfx 400 bikes, manufacturers are extremely quick to come up with quality aftermarket products that produce good results, like hp. just as the other manufacturers do, im sure that kawasaki would stand behind its product. from the looks of photos and reports ive seen, the company has a lot of research into this bike, going as far as recruiting aftermarket companies to create performance and utility parts that could be availible from the factory or your dealer. if you can wait, you might want to. at least untill you can ride one and get feedback from other riders. but, as supported by my earlier statements, if you want to be the first one on the block to own one then it wouldnt be too much of a risk. i would definately ride one, however, before you decide to purchase. these bikes are climbing so high in price that they have become a large "investment" and one needs to be careful where he spends his money.

Old 10-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default first year model

I'm never in favor of buying the first model year of anything. Just look at the differences most second year ATV's, cars, and pickups have incorporated.
However, someone has to be first. It's not always a bad thing. Just take precautions. Buy the extended warranty, and establish a good dialog with your dealer, tell them everything that goes on with the machine. That way they can keep you updated on factory bulletins and they in turn can let the factory know of problems they are seeing in the field. I think Kawasaki will step up if anything major happens.

Good luck and enjoy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default first year model

I agree with truckracer. Buy the extended warranty and you won't have anything to worry about. Just ride and be the envy of all who see you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default first year model

im not sure what i want now= prairie 650 or kfx700, i went riding again this weekend, and did alot of mud, and i still want something that can go through mud, but still go fast, i think i am leaning towards the 650, 'cuz if i need more speed, i can just mod it up, and i wont have to worry about a first year model.

Old 10-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default first year model

I have a kawasaki mojave 1987 ksf250-a 01 the mfg # is 17 so this means I have the sevententh mojave made my uncle bought it new in 86 or 87 whenever they started to sell the only problem it had was a flat tire for 12 years I am saying kawasaki makes high quality atvs buy it first year then 20 years later if you didnt sell it you could brag you have a part of the begging of hi-performance sport-technology and the first v-twin atv