Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force & Prairie owners, if you're REALLY interested in how the CVT works

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force & Prairie owners, if you're REALLY interested in how the CVT works

I would recommend the clutch tuning book from AAEN. He deals in Polaris parts, but the CVT's in all makes and models are basically the same. It explains what the functions of the drive & driven clutches are, what the springs on each clutch do & how the weights and their angles work. It also explains things like helix angles, pretension and belt width. all of which can be used to tune the clutch. You can also learn about roller clutches and why you'll want one. Its technical, but extrememly informative.

AAEN Performance

Old 03-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force & Prairie owners, if you're REALLY interested in how the CVT works

Only problem is, not much of that type of stuff available for these Kaws.All you can get are clutch springs for the primary and secondary.Maybe someclutch weights in a couple months.I'm pretty sure the design of thes clutches eliminates the possibility of doing anything with helixes or roller setups.better off to ask some of the guys with the experience what works for them, and flatter them with some good 'ol fashioned imitation .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]