Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2 quads 1 truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 04:12 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 quads 1 truck

Has anyone ever tried to put a mini sideways behind a full-size quad to a short bed pickup? I think I'd have over 8 feet with the tailgate down.

Got an RV. Don't want to pull a train.

Old 06-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 quads 1 truck

have you tried to stand the little bike up and put the big quad behind that?

Old 06-06-2003, 09:16 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default 2 quads 1 truck

I don't know about doing that, not sure how it would ride. I'm pretty **** about my Ram. Not a scratch on it (even in the bed). I'll break it in some day. Just too new and too purty right now.

My kid goes to Kindergarten in August and I save $300 per month in day care. Probably wait until fall to buy unless I find the deal of a lifetime. Debating over two quads or getting me a dirt bike instead. Pretty sure I could fit it and a mini in back. Rather have a quad though.

I appreciate the idea!

Old 06-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 2 quads 1 truck

I put the mini in first sideways,then the big quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2 quads 1 truck

PM markvette he has the perfect set up!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default 2 quads 1 truck

Hey, thanks for the replies. LT80, mine is a 6 foot bed instead of the typical 6 1/2, you think it would still work?

And where can I find Markvette and what kind of rig are we talking about? Not one of those side-by-side above the bed type deals??? Just can't do that to my baby!

Thanks again!

Old 06-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2 quads 1 truck

Yes that is what it is.Its lightweight and is easy to remove.He even put wheels on it to roll it around.Mark visits these forums.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:13 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default 2 quads 1 truck

Should've put a drill intead of the wrench, but I wasn't mad at my drill at the time.

I hate playing mechanic! Socket wrenches, crescent wrenches, pipe wrenches, standard wrenches, metric wrenches, open-end wrenches, master wrenches. They all suck!

Old 06-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Default 2 quads 1 truck

I've done the mini up front sideways with a full size driven in behind (TRX90 and Recon) BUT, I've got a full 8' bed - 9 1/2' with the gate down. I can not haul them with the tailgate up.

I don't think this will work for you. Your 6' bed plus the 18" tailgate will only give you a total of 7 1/2'. Most mini's are about 32" to 36" wide. Most full size quads are within an inch or two of 7'. Even if you only measured from one end of the big quad to the centerline of the opposite wheel, you will come up with more than 7 1/2'. If I read your post right, you are also pulling a travel trailer.

I can think of two possible solutions:

1. Make a temporary bed extender that you slide in whenever you haul your quads. Something like a 4' x8' plywood deck screwed to a light 2x frame. There is the possible problem of the overhang interfering with the tongue of the trailer, but will work fine if you are just using the truck to haul two quads.

2. If you are using truck and pulling an RV type trailer, why not load the big quad into the truck, hook up the trailer, add a receiver hitch to the back of the trailer and get one of those hitch mounted platforms to load the mini on sideways. You may have to play around with tongue weight a bit.

Of course, you could always get a Chevy with an 8' bed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Jaybee

Old 06-06-2003, 11:45 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default 2 quads 1 truck

Not knocking your Chevy, they are great trucks, but I wouldn't trade my Dodge for anything. Besides it's the only full size four door I can get in my garage (and still shut the door).

Those are really good ideas. Thought about extending the bed but I didn't think about putting on behind the rv. Figured the weight of the larger quad would support the wood. Might have to get a rhino liner.

The RV is only 19' so it's pretty light, but it might work.

Quick Reply: 2 quads 1 truck