Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Tether stap idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tether stap idea

Today when I was getting the little atv ready for the kids I decided to forgo the string for the kill switch and instead hooked up our retractable dog leash instead. This wourked soo slick! I had from 5 to 16 feet that I could let her go ahead without worrying. The moment she did something wrong I just push the button to lock the strap and pull the kill plug. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think this would also be a great idea on the trails too. You could hook this to the kids atv and then mount the handle on yours. That way you could ride as a family and still be safe! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I will also be trying to find a remote control kill switch setup. Last week when we were looking at the Xtreme machines at a dealer they said they could order the parts and install them on their machines. Now I just have to find one I can use on this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tether stap idea

I like your idea of your retractible dog leash. An excellent "short term" idea for first time riders who need to be more then watched. mmmm..... When your kid drives around the cloths line post, ensure she doesn't go one way and you go the other way. Now that would be really funny!!!!

One the more serious side, here's something I found on another forum....

"If you want to add the remote kill to the Eton, then all you have to do is use a car alarm and use one of the outputs along with a relay to make you own remote kill."

Might be worth exploring this idea further....