Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Our weekend ride....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Our weekend ride....

Yesterday, I went to for a little "mud run" with my son. Just a little 4 hour ride - with refreshment breaks every hour. During our ride, we hit mud, we hit water, we went down new trails I've never seen before. A few times, my son sprayed me. He drove his Pred-90 infront of me ("smaller machine goes in the mud first" rule) and when he got suck, I hopped off my AC 500i and proceeded to push &/or pull him out. As I walked up behind him, he'd watch my distance in his mirror. As you guessed, he'd nail his throttle when I was 3 feet from his back tires. He "sprayed me" 3 times in a row. I know, you'd think I'd learn the 1st time. But in a way, it was kinda fun getting spayed with mud from "head to toe". He laughs every time I use my hand to wipe the thick mud off my visor. One day, payback is going to be so much fun!!!!

Its "fun & life enriching memories" posts like this that our newspaper / TV media folks should publish more often.

How was your weekend ride????

Old 09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spike,
My weekend was great! I tried an Adventure Park in PA and it was a blast. My son & I rode for about 4 hours for the first time. We are new riders and look forward to a lot more riding time together. Its just a shame that we have to go so far (~1.5 hrs away). Oh well, I'll take what I can get. It was a good trip.

Dogg

Old 09-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

At times, driving 1.5 hours for an adventure is a pain. For the last 2 years, I've been driving my son all over the place for hockey. He loves his hockey. During our 1.5 hour drives, we would often chat (mostly about father / son topics) and other times, he would lean on my shoulder and fall asleep. Good thing our old van doesn't have a passenger air bag. Anyway, I remember these special moments more then the hockey game itself. During your 1.5 drive, try to make the best of it. Sparking up topics that your son can relate to makes the 1.5 hour ride seem shorter...

Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my ride was short and not exactly a father/daughter experience. With the help of miniatvs and wrh racing I finished my mods up this weekend. High comp head, pipe, 20mm carb, K&N and clutch kit. I was doing wheelies and power sliding on this 93.5cc rocket! And I'm 190+lbs! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Happy days! I won't be pushing her up those dunes any more! Can't wait until she gets a shot at it! Hopefully Saturday if I can get rid of the wind! Feel like doing a little jig! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorlegs,

Your upgrades sound excellent for sand dunes and our type of deep mud riding. Your daughter will have a "blast" on on upgraded rocket. Sure wish our Pred-90 have more bottom end juice. That would really make "its mud fly".

Old 09-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

ONLY an hour and a half? Don't complain...a lot of us have to go 6 or more hours.....

Old 09-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Other than our LT dieing AGAIN!! It was good.

Last Thursday I started building a landing ramp for a cousin of mine to do freestyle tricks on. I got it done Friday and he brought his freestyle take off ramp over there and done some jumps. This thing is wild (for me anyways) The take off ramp is 8'-6" tall, 4'-0" wide and about 18'-0" long. Its built on a curve so it really launches him in the air. The landing ramp was made from 5 big round bales of hay and 4 tri-axle loads of dirt. I took our backhoe and made it about 10 feet high and about 10 feet wide. By Monday he had the ramps about 60feet apart. The take off ramp lofts him about 40 feet in the air!! Its UNNNREAL!!! He rides a really tricked out RM125 and does it like its nothing! (other than possibly blowing the rear shock Monday night) Now I know pros do this all the time, and he has raced for a long time, but , to jump like this, across an open space, is just plain wild. Hopefully I will get some pics of it and show all this madness.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ours was 10 hours this past weekend, junior sleep a lot but that was ok since it was a lot of night driving. the 3 day ride was great with lots of time to compasre with other riders and to just have a good old time.

Old 09-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

And that is what it is all about folks... just having a good time with friends and family... It sure beats a day at work...