Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

PepBoys 90cc Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PepBoys 90cc Yes or No?

I have been looking for a kids quad for quite awhile now. I have already bought one but it was to big for him. It was a Kazuma 110.

These 90's at Pepboys fit him perfectly But I worry about reliability. I like the double A-arms but worry about 4-stroke power at these small cc's

Anyone have experiance with these?

They are made by APC and Baja Motorsports. The price is right but should I really make this investment. I cant quite afford the better brands. Or should I be looking at used in the better brands depantment...ex e-ton, Kasea, Dinli...ect

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Jason

Old 02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont buy it! I was at pepboys the other day and I just happened to ask them about the quads and if you can get a red or green sticker for them for California law, the manager came out and said they were no longer allowed to sell the quads beacuse of liability reasons. In other words you would not have any support and locating parts would be a _itch. I dont know if this was only for California. Try a used LT80. I think you would be much better off!

Old 02-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Try the Yamoto line. Its cheap enough, and there are alot of good ideas on here to make it almost as good the name brands. Great starter quads.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The Yamoto 70 and 110 are about the size of the pepboys atv's. Look on e-bay under (70cc atv) and (110cc atv). You will get alot of choices that are cheap and alot of them offer free shipping. Or you can go to the racewayatv site. He has alot of new really nice atv's for kids. The Unison desert cat is as good as they get. Also the Vento Avalanche is nice. Vento is an American company that makes alot of scooters and motorcycles. The Kazuma kmx 110 is smaller then the rfx 110. The rfx is the taller of the Kazumas.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum JayDog, The Yamoto 110 is the only one that you can buy in ca and get a green sticker for.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Went down to look at them yesterday. They have droped the price by $100

They seem like a decesnt quad. They will not let you try it out so I am hesitant to buy one. If anyone esle has some real experiance with one please let me know. I was also looking at the 50 possible for my daughter. Seems like a copy of the raptor 50.

My point is they look desent enough and I heard the engines were pretty reliable. My son will not be racing or anything of that nature. We will mostly be going to glamis and ocatilla wells.

I also have a chane to get a 50 cc kasea quad used its a 2001. It is a few hunderd more than the pepboys model but It is in pretty good condition. I do like the looks of it but my son seems to like the pepboys model better.

Any reccommendations?

I am leaning towards the kasea but I am unsure

Jason

Old 03-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey!

pep-boys is not in the ATV business, it's just another product "on the shelf" - It almost seems disposable. APC, 4 wheel parts wharehouse, all carry the same quads but they are NOT the mfg! they're just a chinese "no-name" import.

I'd stick with the Yamoto 110 because:

1. decent reviews here (including mine)

2. now a 5 year warranty if you use Zmax (still to be confirmed, the Zmax/yamoto guy said something about needing to do the first two oil changes with Zmax to get the 5 years)

3. gaining in popularity, cheap parts, good looks, lights, no clutch, quiet, AND A GREEN STICKER!

4. Yamoto IS the manufacturer and has several ATV products.

5. You're in SO CAL. that's where the parts wharehouse for Yamoto is. Patriot Motorcycles is the distributor now.

my 2c,

Reflexx.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

The old saying goes "You get what you pay for" Bootom line.

I went used instead of a No name.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:29 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Cmymud
The old saying goes "You get what you pay for" Bootom line.

I went used instead of a No name.

Ha! You're AC90 is made in Tawain by Adly (aka Her Chee). Same as Jehm and DRR.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I should buy the used kasea for a little over 1k its only a 50 but the frame is the same size as the kasea 90

or should I hold out for a used lt80 or kxz80 or trx 90

Any help appreciated

Jason

Quick Reply: PepBoys 90cc Yes or No?