Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Anybody heard of Yamato (not yamoto)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 12:30 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Default Anybody heard of Yamato (not yamoto)

Also, saw a Yamati the other day that is not the same as Yamato/Yamoto.

Old 03-23-2005 | 01:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I wonder how many chinese quad manufacturers there are. A lot of them seem to buy similar components and add a different label. Will be interesting to see which ones are still around in 5-10 yrs. Another interesting thing to me is a general lack of dealer stability. Yes there are exceptions, but overall the goal seems to be sales only.

Old 03-23-2005 | 01:28 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

It's the same companies making the quads or components. They sell them to a) an assembler that claims to be a manufacturer (and they may sell to an importer or directly to the consumer) or b) sells completed units to an importer. So you basically get the same quad with 20 different labels.

The Yamati was QJ.

Old 03-23-2005 | 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

The Yamotos that needed new engines were teh 150s, but it was due to the stock airboxes, early on. Now my dealer isnsits on the K&N. My Yamoto runs great, but its always nice in Arizona. Its the future I worry about.

I look at it this way. $1500 for a new Yamoto, Play for 2 years, and sell it for $750. Thats $375 a year for play.

Or, buy a Honda/etc for $2500, and play for 2 years. Sell it for $2,000. Thats $250 a year. Not a big difference there.

Old 03-25-2005 | 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

The Yamato and Yamoto are the same machine. The Yamoto I have for my wife is actually a Yamato, I just say Yamoto since most people are familiar with that name and not the Yamato name. The only difference is the name on the stickers and the clutch cover. The graphics are the same. I checked the parts on the Yamato with the parts catalog of the Yamoto, all of the parts are the same.

I agree with the issues about the shocks. We went to the Badlands a few weeks ago and that machine is brutal at speed over bumps (I just thought the wife was slow, but she was getting beat to death at speed and slowed down in the rogh stuff). I am in the process of putting warrior shocks on the front and a blaster shock on the back. I am hoping this will help a lot. My wife is happy with the overall performance of her Yamo(a)to, or Tomato as I call it since she picked the red one. Other than not having a vent hole in the gas cap, we have had no problems yet. Some people have replaced the wheel bearings, I have checked these periodically and after six months they are still in one piece and roll smoothly.