Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005 | 01:19 PM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Yes mine came with one its pretty cool at night it lights up indiglo blue looks real nice has a clock you can change from mph to kph it shows you the distance u traveled.

Old 09-04-2005 | 04:50 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: jef
If you look on the opposite side of the muffler there should be a black box with a plug going into it its called the speed limiter in my manual i unpluged it for my self and i noticed alot better top speed doesnt change the bottom end.
Thanx for the info JEF... Unpluging that speed-limiter makes a big differance on the top end...

Old 09-05-2005 | 07:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: ArcticBrat
Originally posted by: jef
If you look on the opposite side of the muffler there should be a black box with a plug going into it its called the speed limiter in my manual i unpluged it for my self and i noticed alot better top speed doesnt change the bottom end.
Thanx for the info JEF... Unpluging that speed-limiter makes a big differance on the top end...
Wow......made a nice difference on mine too.....with the limiter on..... it would just bog down at full throttle....it now opens up nicely and very smooth.

Old 09-05-2005 | 10:25 PM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

No prob guys the only thing i was wondering will the higher reving of the engine be hard on the motor. Also what octane gas are you guys using in your baja's i know in the manual they recommend 90 or higher octane i'm using the super gas i think the octane is 91or 92 at first i was using the regular 87 octane but i think its getting better performance out of the higher octane.

Old 09-05-2005 | 11:00 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

Well I did use 91 but now that gas took a BIG JUMP I use regular 87 in everything.... $1.40 L. here in Nova Scotia.....I'am thinken I might have to go back to a pedal bike..lol.

Old 09-05-2005 | 11:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi guys,

I have been reading this forum thread for the last week or so, hoping to hear good things about the Baja 90. So far from what I have read it sounds like a good little ATV. I am looking at buying a couple of them for my son, daughter and myself to use. I weigh around 175 pounds, can any of you tell me what the 90cc Baja would be like carrying around my weight?

Thanks,

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 09-06-2005 | 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

DogbertTheConsultant

As I stated befroe on sale at CT for 1299.00 its hard to beat for price! My old honda quad could use $1300 in parts alone to get it up to par again!

For kids 12 and under I'd say the Baja is great. For adults to use once and while to ride along with the kids it would be ok for that. But to be used to do any type of constant trail riding like in the mountains personally I wouldn't recomend it for adults, kids it would be fine. I guess it really depends on what kind of riding your going to do.

We've had one for a month or so and its been put through the paces by my boys and thier little buddies!!!Which is good as its getting the hrs. put on now while it's still under warranty. It's been driven every day here on the farm since they got it (several tanks of fuel too!) so I think I can give a decent evalutation on it.

So far I the speedo has gone haywire. I haven't got around to looking at it as the oddometer was wacky from new. The rubber foot peg covers like to slide off their steel pegs, the boys have always found them for me. They should be glued or bolted down. The choke lever gets a bit sticky it seems and needs a squirt of WD-40 to make it work smoothly. I noticed recently the exhaust pipe under the silver shield has a joint there and is leaking a little bit & rattling. Looks like sealant was pushed out or something. I suspect the battery in it is on its way out! The last few mornings it's starting to have a hard time cranking over. It has a small mickey mouse battery [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] You can stick a bigger one in there as it has foam spacers in the battery tray to hold it tighter. Our Ducar has a bigger battery in it that fills the battery tray up more. Also it should have a rubber strap holding the batter in place like on my Ducar quad. There is hooks for one don't if its just my Baja that didn't get one put on or if they're all like that. The chain is getting some slack in it now compared to new. I'm gonna have to adjust it some, we do oil it. Looks like a cheapo chain on there though. All pretty minor stuff, otherwise its been holding up ok so far.

My boys are 6,8,10 or there about. The 8 & 10 year old have no problem ripping around on it and can handle it fine. The 6 year old we only let him drive slowly. On dirt & grass and I imagine hard packed snow it's great. On a rough trail with bumps and holes in the bush it gets hung up alot as the ground clearance is low with those little tires. However when the boys got stuck they were able to lift or push it out as its so light. I was breaking trail with my old 250 honda. MY one boy was driving the Baja and another was on the Ducar 110cc I mention before in my first post etc. Well I got around fine and so did the Ducar 110. I was surprise at how well it handled it all, those big tires make a differance. The Baja 90 had to be "helped" along quite a bit by the boys and I.

Old 09-06-2005 | 08:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

I've had mine since may......I weight 195 lbs.,....and moves me around just fine...up and down hills.....I got a battery charger....don't know why.......the battery fires it up first try every time.....we ride every weekend.....again if the bike had some low end juice...or was a 3 speed shifter.....it would rule.....steep inclines from a dead stop you won't make it......my 10 yr.,....fly's around on it.....its really easy to lift over logs....you do have to watch the rear end for clearance......not much there with the little tires....yeah I may put bigger ones on the rear later on (we adjusted our chain too)......I like 87 octane.....was using 91.....after reading all the octane post's....decide 87 was better....but may mix it up with some 91 again.....one thing my bike is a little tuff to idle at first......it seems I have to adjust the throttle cable to high till it warms up......then it idles fine....its just pretty cold idling at first.....do you guys set your idle fairly high or not ?.......over all very happy with the bike.....and for the $$$......a very good deal !!!!

Old 09-06-2005 | 10:29 AM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

BOZZY you have a P.M.

Old 09-06-2005 | 10:39 AM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

I'm 230 it pushes me around ok. Was just wondering how do you tell when your chain needs tighting

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc