Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

I took delivery of 2 125cc and a 200cc last week and I must say I am quite impressed. The 200 went together without a hitch. There were two wires for the reverse beeper of which one makes it beep in forward, the other in reverse. That is a trial and error thing. I left one hanging. The lights for the dash which show reverse and neutral are not marked but the red stripe is neutral, easy enough... My son had 8 nuts left over after assembly which ended up going on the end of the bolts for the rear wheels. Very important to lock-tite those... The front bolts are not thru so do not require nuts - lock those as well. After trying unsuccesfully to piece together a tool to reach the oil drain plug I finally cut a piece out between the two existing access holes on the skid plate. This made the drain plug a piece of cake compared to most other brands. I had to replace one stuck tire valve before the first ride - that was it! Everything on the suspension was lubed and torqued at the factory so I ended up having it from crate to a smooth idle in less than an hour. I did not find the dissolvable foam pack in the carb for shipping as my intent was to remove it manually. Over all I am totally happy with the 200cc. It purrs like a kitten and is quick and agile on accel. It leans like a yamaha which dispells any stiff suspension reputation in my book - very nice articulation. I'll report more after some hours. I did not adjust an otherwise tight chain as I wanted to give it a stretch first.

The 125cc went together next but that was a whole new ball of wax. I only now just got it running right. The assembly was easy. You need to turn the wheels hard left or right to insert the tie rod bolts on both units (the 125 and 200 have only subtle differences in the frame).
I could not get the thing to idle right. It was all the hell over the place. One moment perfect, the next sputtering like a 2 stroke. One moment lean, the next flooded. I checked the entire pilot circuit, blew out every damn hole in the carb...twice, checked the timing, the CDI, all the wiring, the ground, the plug, the valve clearance, magneto actuator, etc. I could not figure this thing out. What was wierd was that I was getting somewhat of a response from the mix and the idle screws. It was just that every adjustment lasted a couple minutes and resulted either in a runaway idle or a smoke cough stall. Not looking like a kids ride at this point.

I fouled the Chinese LG A7TC plug so replaced it with an NGK 2168 C8HA. This fixed things ... for about 2 minutes. Then it went right back to the sputter and smoke. I disconnected the air intake and this too fixed it...for about 3 minutes. I went to bed pissed thinking there was a short somewhere or a bad plug wire. Now don't get me wrong - I love figuring this type of thing out. It was food for thought, but I was getting heartburn.

I stayed awake long enough to here my wife yelling that she smelled gasoline and that I am going to blow the house up. I went to the garage and found a tank full of gas on the floor - what the hell?

I smiled about then. I got ya! The poor little Jetmoto 125 was trying to tell me something. I remembered my well used Elsinore 125 doing the same thing when I was a teen. It all made sense now. The fluctuations, the fouled plug, the semi response from the adj screws, etc. and losing a tank of gas. I had to walk that out of gas Honda 10 miles in the Texas summer sun to learn the hard way about a leaky float valve.
There ya go! The problem with the 125cc ended up not a Jetmoto issue at all. I replaced the float valve and cranked her up to an almost perfect idle...only a small mix adjustment needed.

The Jetmoto 125cc has a "real" Japanese Mikuni carb so the parts come easy. An interesting note is that the carb is a bit udersized for a 125cc at 16mm but somehow eliminates that infamous flatspot found in the Hondas of the 80's . I will no doubt have to try an 18mm once I get green stickered. No flatspot at all on initial rides but it is still being broke. Did the Chinese conquer what had alluded Japanese engineers for years? All I know now is that the only faulty part on this Chinese import was a Japanese carb with one hell of a good reputation!

So in all this I have gained a large amount of insight to the general structure of the fuel to motor aspect of the Jetmoto. I have to say that they sure seem well made and are skillfully engineered. Most everything with a Japanese label is made in China nowadays anyhow...why not skip the middleman and save a couple grand!

Now comes the true test...parts integrity. It will be a few weeks but I for one am looking forward to beating these things up a bit in the name of research. I will let you know but my first objective is to go for the dreaded California green sticker...

Old 03-11-2006, 09:09 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: Jamez
After trying unsuccesfully to piece together a tool to reach the oil drain plug I finally cut a piece out between the two existing access holes on the skid plate. This made the drain plug a piece of cake compared to most other brands.

I did not adjust an otherwise tight chain as I wanted to give it a stretch first.

I replaced the float valve and cranked her up to an almost perfect idle...only a small mix adjustment needed.

Now comes the true test...parts integrity. It will be a few weeks but I for one am looking forward to beating these things up a bit in the name of research. I will let you know but my first objective is to go for the dreaded California green sticker...
Great review Jamez! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I did this exact same mod, i forgot to mention it. Thanks.

Be careful as the chain gets even tighter when the suspension compresses and could crack a case. I dont understand the need to ship these quads with such a tight chain. I just got 2 150's delivered and they are the same way.

Did you actually replace it or just clean it?

Im looking forward to your abuse report. Sounds like fun. Im going to get my wifes 200 registered monday.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did you actually replace it or just clean it?
I replaced it from a working 18 spare I have...

Any problems with registration?

Old 03-16-2006, 08:23 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Jamez

Any problems with registration?
Ive been lazy this week and havnt gotten it done. I am going tonite and will be riding it at Carnegie this sat.

The 200 has about 6 hrs on it now and still runs great. I changed the oil and cleaned the filter screen, nothing in it to speak of. It is still a cold blooded quad but no worse than my XR200. Im looking forward to taking it to a riding area and riding it thru some whoops and up a few hills.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:00 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I got the Jetmoto registered today. I got a green sticker for it. I will post again after riding tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Went today to register my 2006 Jetmoto 150cc and 2ea Kazuma 50cc at the main DMV in Bakersfield. The lady comes out to inspect the ATV's and tells me that the Kazuma's could not be registered for public lands and the Jetmoto also could not be registered. I told her about the research I had done and that the Kazuma's should be red stickered and the Jetmoto should be Green stickered for Cali. She said she would go look into it and be back. She Came back and told me that none of the ATV's could be registered that she checked all the memos and handed me my paperwork back sending me on my way. I was thoroughly pissed at the DMV as I knew I was right. I came home and decided to dig around to see what proof I could find. I found the CA DMV memo that stated the Kazuma's could be registered, for everyone's knowledge it is memo VIN 2004-16. I knew I didn't have too much proof as far as the Jetmoto was concerned but I printed the JetmotoUSA release that stated Green sticker approval. We have 2 DMV's here in Bakersfield so I thought I would try the SW Bakersfield location. I figured I wouldn't break out my proof unless the same thing happened. Well low and behold not one question they told me that the Kazuma's would be red stickered because of the C in the 8th spot of the Vin and Green stickered the Jetmoto without a problem. Sure tells you how hit and miss the DMV is. You just hope for someone who either knows their s*%$ or is willing to ask their superiors and doesn't just think they know what their talking about or are too lazy to check. Good luck to everyone else...

Old 03-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick question on tuning the Jetmoto 150cc. It starts easily and idles really good however if you try to fast throttle it, it will either bog or die. A slow even throttle and the atv will accelerate just fine but if your riding and come to a fast stop it will sometimes die. I am pretty sure this is a carb tuning issue. Most stuff I have read says it is too lean however when I try to richen the screw it pretty much will do the same thing until it reaches the will not start point. I have also tried going the other direction with no help. Any ideas? The spark plug seems a little black but I am not sure if replacing it will help. Thanks for any ideas in advance...

Old 03-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

kontrol,

It would be a good idea to replace the stock spark plug with an NGK plug. I do believe the plug will be an NGK C7HSA. I changed my plug and it made a world of difference in the way the quad ran. Here is the plug chart if it has a Torch plug.

Torch Spark Plug Chart

Good Luck SB.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

just got my jetmoto 200. when you got the green sticker did the dmv want to see the atv?

Old 03-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

just got my jetmoto 200. when you got the green sticker did the dmv want to see the atv?

Reddeyez,
Yeah they will require you to have the Jetmoto there. They will verify the VIN and engine number and look at the emissions plate that is located on the right side of the ATV. Let me know how all goes with the 200cc. I plan on getting one as soon as I get some extra cash. I bought the 150cc for my wife and figured everyone would be able to use the automatic. I can't wait for some good ole clutch action though!

Quick Reply: MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!