Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Welcome to the forum whodatbe, I hanvt clocked the 200 yet but I would estimate its top speed at around 40 mph. The brackets arent pretty good on the 200, but aluminum would be lighter. I dont think its necessary though.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the capability to GPS clock it at WOT? I could mail you my GPS to try it... also, you say 'arent pretty good', did you mean they aren't good, or 'are' good? I'm thinking 'are good'...

Do you think the engine has enough HP to pull a smaller rear sprocket?

Anyone ever had any of these chinese atvs on a dyno to determine RW-HP?

Old 04-06-2006, 04:35 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: whodatbe
Thanks for the reply. Do you have the capability to GPS clock it at WOT? I could mail you my GPS to try it... also, you say 'arent pretty good', did you mean they aren't good, or 'are' good? I'm thinking 'are good'...

Do you think the engine has enough HP to pull a smaller rear sprocket?

Anyone ever had any of these chinese atvs on a dyno to determine RW-HP?
Sorry, I meant are pretty good. I was going to clock it with my KTM 400. That should be close enough.

Maybe 2 or 3 teeth smaller. Its got lots of low end.And seems to be geared real low too.

I seriously doubt it. It feels like a XR175 from the late 70's to me. Im also sure there is plenty of room for improvement.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello MWQ - an update for your board,

I got registered this past Monday. It took 6 hours. DMV CA requires a CHP inspection on new untitled bikes and ATV's:

Motorcycles with Unavailable Records
In April 2001, the department, in cooperation with the California Highway Patrol
(CHP), implemented a pilot program for used motorcycles with no record on the
department’s files. The program requires these motorcycles to be referred to the CHP
for verification of the identification and engine numbers. (The department did notstart
referring dealers to the CHP for the verification until June 1, 2001.)
The CHP completes the verification of the motorcycle using the back of the
Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).
Applications for registration of a nonresident motorcycle with an out-of-state title or
registration card do not require a CHP verification and can be verified by a
department employee or a licensed vehicle verifier.

So I went to the DMV inspection line, the DMV Regist line (where they tell you you need a CHP inspection), then to CHP after making a beg/plead walk-in appointment, then back to DMV Regist. Big line every time. No matter what, you need 2 inspections one from DMV and one from CHP. I have no idea why two different departments have to make the same damn inspection. CHP can not do an inspection without the title and I am also not sure if they need the DMV 343 inspection report from DMV...call and ask.

The tiltle takes 2 weeks to get as that does not come from Raceway. Jetmoto sends it...slowly...

Green stickers are guaranteed - just make sure the DMV inspector notices the EPA tag riveted to the left front frame.

Now I'm off to tear them up a bit and will report back.

I plan on running the 125's on the stock 16mm carb and then switching to an 18 to compare. I flushed the other 125 tank and carb with mixed 2 cycle fuel before starting this time and I have to tell you it purred at the first start. No carb issues at all from crate to running.

Question: what size carb is that on the 200?

Old 04-06-2006, 10:44 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Thanks Jamez I appreciate your update. I think Id try a different DMV next time. I have registered the Yamoto and Jetmoto by just going to the DMV. When I read the 8.025 Motorcycles with Unavailable Records paragraph I only saw where it referenced used motorcycles. Very strange to me. Hmmmmm.

Have a good time riding and let us know how it all goes. Im pretty sure the 200 has a 24mm carb on it but Ill check tomorrow when I go to my shop.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

MWQ, thanks again for the reply. Looking forward to hearing how the 'clocking' turns out... any other things you could tell me about it? I'll work on more questions in the meantime. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

MWQ, the jetmoto 200 would apear to me to be a full size quad. If this is the case, does the quad have good power. Since my son broke his adult falcon, I`ve kinda had my eye on the jetmoto 200. He is 6'1" and weighs 235lbs. Would this bike be capable of carrying him thru the trails and dunes?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Hi happydad, this is a mid sized quad and while it could pull your son around it would probubly be struggling. Jetmoto is coming out with a adult sized 250 quad hopefully by this fall. I would wait until then. It would be cool on trails but sand would probubly be to much for it.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Hi happydad, this is a mid sized quad and while it could pull your son around it would probubly be struggling. Jetmoto is coming out with a adult sized 250 quad hopefully by this fall. I would wait until then. It would be cool on trails but sand would probubly be to much for it.
Thanks for the heads up MWQ.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Another update:

I just got paperwork sent back from DMV. They are saying now that the certificates of origin I received from JetMoto are scanned color copies and they need originals???? I will call Jetmoto today.

Also, I tore all 3 of them up this weekend. The 200 performed well at 4,500 ft altitude with only a small adjustment to the carb however the float valve is overflowing like the first 125 did. I rode for 4 hours trying to titrate the fuel with the shutoff valve hoping it would correct itself... It looks like that carb is gonna have to be pulled too.

Routine adjustments to the 200 are difficult at best. The clutch cable tension adjuster is tucked behind the header and very hard to get to. The carb mixture screw suffers likewise. The drive chain adjustment threads are there mostly for looks as both of mine stripped while adjusting the chain (Yes I loosened the other nuts up first). They are not necessary and are used mostly as a gauge anyhow so no big issue there.

Another tip: for the warm up I use the tensioner at the throttle cable to keep it revved rather than go to the carb and fool with a screwdriver in that tight space there. The clutch cable should have that same type of tension adjuster.

I am 6'4" and 220 pounds. The 200 has plenty of power for trails. A bigger motor would just eat more fuel, overheat and weigh more - just to spin tires. I ride mud, trails, hills and small jumps with few straights.

Meanwhile the 125 I flushed first is working flawlessly - even after a few rolls down a steep rocky hill. The front right fender cracked off, handlebars and levers bent and tail reflectors broke off. No permanent damage as they just bent back and the reflectors are not needed for daytime. A little duct tape put the fender back in position. I keep the handlebars and levers just tight enough to give a little for that reason. I was surprised the axels and wheels remained straight as they took a good bounce rollin' down the hill. It landed upright still running.

The main problem with the 125's is that they are very hard to shift. Both my kids have to shift the lever up with a reach down. The good thing is that for kids under 13, most riding will be done in 2nd gear anyhow and shifting from 2nd to 1st for steep hills is an easy downward stroke.
The 125 will also definitely benefit from a larger carb.

Overall opinion: These are much more durable than I had imagined. I had no major mechanical failures to speak of. The suspension and seats are excellent. Turning radius is below average but seems to be safer in rutts and gulleys.

I just don't think they are for the non-mechinically inclined. These are not for those who don't know how to make basic cable adjustments or carb settings on the fly.
More to come...

Jamez

Quick Reply: MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!