Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Mods for 110-list here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thack 82

I was wondering If the 19x6x10 fit ok in the front. I was thinking the same sort of set up. As long as those 19 dont rub when turning. Was thinking 19x6x10 front, and 18x9.5x8 rear. On the rears I will just have the four bolt lug precision drilled for the three lug. I kept thinking I saw honda rims drilled like this so they could be used on both three and four bolt. It will be easy and cheap to do as long as I use a rim that has enough room on it like another chinese atv that uses the 18x9.5x8 rear tire.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

"I would have around four grand in it by the time I built it. Plus I don't think she could ever get the concept of the clutch down on the TRX-90"

It costs thousands to build a TRX90 motor alone.
What clutch? LOL

Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
"I would have around four grand in it by the time I built it. Plus I don't think she could ever get the concept of the clutch down on the TRX-90"

It costs thousands to build a TRX90 motor alone.
What clutch? LOL
Why dose it cost thousands to build a TRX-90 VS the 110? all the top end parts I put in the 110 were for the TRX-90, well everything except the Piston and the CDI Box. The Cam, Valves, were TRX-90 Performance Parts and even the Cylinder head I had Ported was a new 2003 OEM TRX-90 Head.

I don't know why but I thought a TRX-90 was a 4 Speed Manual Clutch set up. I guess because the one I looked at at a local track had the Manual Clutch Conversion Kit, but it shouldn't cost any more to build the TRX-90 than it cost to build the Chinese Loncin/Lifan 110.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I guess I was refering to a highly modified TRX ready for national series racing.
You wouldn't believe the things that they do to them. They swap internal parts from 50cc machines and all kinds of home-made stuff.
They take the most bulletproof machine made and turn it into a very fast grenade. LOL

Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LT80
I guess I was refering to a highly modified TRX ready for national series racing.
You wouldn't believe the things that they do to them. They swap internal parts from 50cc machines and all kinds of home-made stuff.
They take the most bulletproof machine made and turn it into a very fast grenade. LOL

Yea Racing the Mini Quads and Dirt Bikes is big out in California. I had a big issue with the guy that I bought the Exhaust from on eBay because he forgot to set a reserve price. I bought a Full FMF Titanium 4.1 Exhaust System (Head Pipe and Silencer) for a Honda CRF-50 for $61.00 Free Shipping. The guy had a **** Fit, he paid $349.99 and had used it about two races and I got it dirt cheap. It's an Awesome Exhaust System.

I bought most of my Performance upgrades for the 110 off eBay and from T-Bolt's USA. T-Bolt's sell's nice Performance Products at a Fair Price. I had Withrow Powersport's do the Port and Polish work on the Cylinder Head and WOW!!! It made a huge difference throughout the entire RPM Range.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

By the way if any of you guys want Port and Polish work done on and of Mini's Japanese, Chinese, Canadian, or USA Made Matt Withrow at Withrow Powersport's in Lawrenceburg Kentucky does a unbelievable job and he's more than fair on his pricing. He has people send him 4 Stroke Heads and Two Stroke Cylinders from all over. He Graduated MMI in 2001 and he Raced Pro AMA up until 2004 when he quit and opened his own Performance shop. The first time I met him he was doing a Port and Polish Job on a chainsaw Sthl Chainsaw that somebody had sent him to do a Complete Build on for Competition Wood Cutting. He ended up putting a bigger Keihin Carburetor on it, Building a Custom Billet Intake, Port and Polishing the Cylinder, put a Wiseco Pro-Lite Top end kit in it, milled the head and he built a tiny Custom Exhaust with a expansion Chamber and put a Huge Bar and something called a Chisel Chain on it. It was one bad Chainsaw and it sounded Awesome. I have a Picture of the Tiny little Pipe he made some where . I think it's on my Wife's lap top. It looked like a Banshee Out Of Frame Drag Pipe about 8" long with a little expansion chamber about 2" around. It ran off a 32:1 Mixture of 110 Octane and AMS Oil.

Anyway heres a few pictures of the Port and Polish work he did on the new OEM 2003 Honda TRX-90 Cylinder Head I ordered. He did the intake and exhaust, and he removed the Valves and did the guides as well. (Don't quote me on that I might not be saying it right) He did his WPR Aggressive Port and Polish Job on my Daughter's quad for $125.00, but he also did the rest of the build on it as well. I think he told me he would do the Mini Four Stroke Head's with his WPR Aggressive Port and Polish for $125 Shipping one way.

He did a good Job on my Daughter 110 it dynoed around 4.8 Horse Power on it's best dyno pull and it dynoed close to 15hp after he finished it.

Here is the link to his Web Site:

http://www.wix.com/mattwithrow467/withrowpowersports

Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was wondering if any of you guys fitted a bigger carb on it (22/24mm). Im looking for a bad more power and a few guys recommended that plus an exhaust would do the trick. Does anyone have any experience or results with this?

Old 02-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by cyaroschak
I was wondering if any of you guys fitted a bigger carb on it (22/24mm). Im looking for a bad more power and a few guys recommended that plus an exhaust would do the trick. Does anyone have any experience or results with this?

My Daughter's 110 is running a 26mm Mikuni Round Slide Carburetor (VM-26) on her quad with 95 Main 32.5 Pilot Jet with with the needle Clip in the 4th Clip and the Fuel Screw is at 1.5 turns

If you want to run the Mikuni VM-22mm, 24mm, 26mm Carburetors you need to go ahead and buy a Sky Twister Intake ($5), and a Sky Adjustable Intake Base Spacer Plate. You can buy the VM-Series Carburetors off eBay for $35 Shipped. I'm wanting to sell my Daughter's Carb set up and try a Keihin 26mm or a 24mm Flat Slide/D Slide Carburetor. Remember If you do decide to use the Older Style VM Mikuni Carburetors that you can buy off eBay for $35.00 Shipped they have BIG Float Bowls on them and you need to turn the Intake and the Carb around on the Chinese Quads because it wont clear the starter. So everything I mentioned above is needed to do the Swap.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by thack82
My Daughter's 110 is running a 26mm Mikuni Round Slide Carburetor (VM-26) on her quad with 95 Main 32.5 Pilot Jet with with the needle Clip in the 4th Clip and the Fuel Screw is at 1.5 turns

If you want to run the Mikuni VM-22mm, 24mm, 26mm Carburetors you need to go ahead and buy a Sky Twister Intake ($5), and a Sky Adjustable Intake Base Spacer Plate. You can buy the VM-Series Carburetors off eBay for $35 Shipped. I'm wanting to sell my Daughter's Carb set up and try a Keihin 26mm or a 24mm Flat Slide/D Slide Carburetor. Remember If you do decide to use the Older Style VM Mikuni Carburetors that you can buy off eBay for $35.00 Shipped they have BIG Float Bowls on them and you need to turn the Intake and the Carb around on the Chinese Quads because it wont clear the starter. So everything I mentioned above is needed to do the Swap.

did that make a huge difference on her quad? Is it worth the trouble you think to change everything over and spend the money?

Old 02-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by cyaroschak
did that make a huge difference on her quad? Is it worth the trouble you think to change everything over and spend the money?

YES!!! a aftermarket performance Carburetor makes a HUGE difference. Carb failure and not changing the break in oil is the number one problem with Chines Quads. The stock Carburetors are non-adjustable and pretty much JUNK! The Chinese have there Quads running way lean in order for them to meet the United States Emission's Law's so they are very restricted. You can buy all the parts I listed above for about $65.00 Shipped. If you buy the Carburetor and Intake Components, jet it up and add this Performance CRF-50/XR-50 Full Exhaust (Head Pipe and Silencer) Exhaust off eBay for $38.84 Free Shipping you will have a totally different machine. This set up will also allow you to turn the restrictor screw in farther and make the quad slower for younger riders but still have the power to pull decent size hills. A friend of mine builds and fixes a lot of Chinese Quads and he puts that exhaust carburetor and intake set up on them and puts AMS Oil in the motor and he never hears back from them. just the exhaust carburetor and intake set up on the 110 bumps it up from about 4hp stock to 8hp. He usually charges about $200 to instal the parts, jet the carb and tune the quad. a NGK Iridium Spark Plug helps out as well if you have the other parts installed.

SILVER ALUMINUM BIG SIZE 38.20MM BIG HEAD MUFFLER EXHAUST PIPE FOR HONDA style XR50 CRF50 XR CRF 50 70 SDG, Brand New!! Never Been Used or Installed!! This is a complete two piece exhaust system from the head pipe to the tail section. The rear canister in this pipe is made of alloy. It comes with a aluminum alloy muffler, chrome steel head pipe, removeable pipe guard.This will make your bike breath with any engine modifications, and also sounds great with a stock bike. As soon as you bolt this exhaust pipe on you will notice an increase of power through all of your Motors RPM range.This PIPE makes your ride have that deep throaty sound like the big CRF's and gives your ride a better throttle response and more power. Specifications: ?Chrome Silver COLOR ?Aluminum finished alloy muffler ?Chrome finished Steel Head Pipe ?Mounting ring and rubber seal included

Quick Reply: Mods for 110-list here.