Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Mods for 110-list here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=thack82;3081117]This is the Mod list that I've added to my 7yr old Daughter's 2009 Tao Tao Mini Eagle/Loncin 110cc Engine with Full Auto Transmission. I bought a New OEM Honda TRX-90 Head and had it Port/Polished By Withrow Powersports (WPR), Shindy SS Valves, T-Bolts Stage II Hot Cam, Polished 52.4mm T-Bolts High Compression Cast Aluminum Piston, NGKX Iridium Spark Plug, ADA Polished Aluminum Head Plates, Mikuni Monster VM-26mm Carburetor (FMF Power Jet, Jet Kit), SKY Performance 26mm Ported Intake Tube with Polished Adjustable Base Plate Spacer, TRC Racing Gold CDI Box, TRC Racing Hyper Coil & 8mm Hot Wire, FMF Titanium 5.0 Full Exhaust (Head Pipe With Mega Bomb & Silencer), UNI Dual Stage Air Filter, TRX400EX Oil Cooling System, Coolster SSR Nitrogen Gas Shocks (all 3) Re-valved By WPR with Reservoirs, Front Wheel Disk Brake Conversion with Hydraulic Upgrade, Qualex Custom Ultralight Full Body Skid Plates (A Arms, Swing Arm, Belly) New Dyed Peace Powersport Black Plastic/Red Hood/Yamaha Raptor Style Headlights, Peace Powersport Flame Graphic Kit ITP Polished 18x8 - 19x6x10 Wheels with Maxxis Tires, 2001 TRX-90 Wheel Hubs. Quote]

Just wondering, I am assuming the trx-90 hubs fit directly on the tao tao 110 axle. Or did you have to change the axle also. Cause I would like to get some better, wider tires for my 4year old new 110 as Its not very sable and traction with the stock tires is almost non-exsistant especially in the snow.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=82 200erace;3092914]
Originally Posted by thack82
This is the Mod list that I've added to my 7yr old Daughter's 2009 Tao Tao Mini Eagle/Loncin 110cc Engine with Full Auto Transmission. I bought a New OEM Honda TRX-90 Head and had it Port/Polished By Withrow Powersports (WPR), Shindy SS Valves, T-Bolts Stage II Hot Cam, Polished 52.4mm T-Bolts High Compression Cast Aluminum Piston, NGKX Iridium Spark Plug, ADA Polished Aluminum Head Plates, Mikuni Monster VM-26mm Carburetor (FMF Power Jet, Jet Kit), SKY Performance 26mm Ported Intake Tube with Polished Adjustable Base Plate Spacer, TRC Racing Gold CDI Box, TRC Racing Hyper Coil & 8mm Hot Wire, FMF Titanium 5.0 Full Exhaust (Head Pipe With Mega Bomb & Silencer), UNI Dual Stage Air Filter, TRX400EX Oil Cooling System, Coolster SSR Nitrogen Gas Shocks (all 3) Re-valved By WPR with Reservoirs, Front Wheel Disk Brake Conversion with Hydraulic Upgrade, Qualex Custom Ultralight Full Body Skid Plates (A Arms, Swing Arm, Belly) New Dyed Peace Powersport Black Plastic/Red Hood/Yamaha Raptor Style Headlights, Peace Powersport Flame Graphic Kit ITP Polished 18x8 - 19x6x10 Wheels with Maxxis Tires, 2001 TRX-90 Wheel Hubs. Quote]

Just wondering, I am assuming the trx-90 hubs fit directly on the tao tao 110 axle. Or did you have to change the axle also. Cause I would like to get some better, wider tires for my 4year old new 110 as Its not very sable and traction with the stock tires is almost non-exsistant especially in the snow.

No they wont go on the 110 Axle, I had to get a machine shop to help me with that and it was a nightmare. I searched for weeks and absolutely no one makes a aftermarket wheel for a 3/175 Lug pattern. The spline count on the Chinese quads are way off too.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

[quote=thack82;3093166]
Originally Posted by 82 200erace

No they wont go on the 110 Axle, I had to get a machine shop to help me with that and it was a nightmare. I searched for weeks and absolutely no one makes a aftermarket wheel for a 3/175 Lug pattern. The spline count on the Chinese quads are way off too.

Alright that is what I thought, probably be easier to just drill the 3 bolt lug pattern into a set of rims and just hope the Chinese hub holds up.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 82 200erace

Alright that is what I thought, probably be easier to just drill the 3 bolt lug pattern into a set of rims and just hope the Chinese hub holds up.
I wonder if anyone makes adapters/wheel spacers that would work?

thack82, why put all that time and money into a Chinese quad? why not just mod a Honda?

Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mywifesquad

thack82, why put all that time and money into a Chinese quad? why not just mod a Honda?

I'm going to guess, that it was still cheaper than a stock Honda, not counting the time cause time is money, and probably a lot faster, than the stock Honda. Which if he started with a stock Honda and put the upgrades into that. The cost total would have been more than twice what he paid total. IDK, I will let him answer but thats my guess.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

I did find this, but not sure if this company is reliable. It could get costly by the looks of things but if you know all specs and what your switching to. It could be a good way to go.

ATV to 6 Lug Adapter

Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

Kinda wondering if the Old Honda 70atc hubs are the same size in splines etc. I don't believe the bolt pattern is the same, but know it had only three lugs and you could get spacers. Any one have some to try? If they fit this would help with the rear end, as I believe the 70atc had wider nobby tires. Any one try these or have a set they could give up for experimentation?LOL

Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm wondering why anyone would put a 4 yr old on a 110.
Can't find a nice 50cc machine?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LT80
I'm wondering why anyone would put a 4 yr old on a 110.
Can't find a nice 50cc machine?
Well seeing as how when he was three he was riding my trail boss 325 with me on it controlling the brakes. He got pretty good at steering,and controlling the gas. Obviously I had to do the brakes as his feet come nowhere close to touching the foot board, and hands are not big enough to pull the hand brake. He can climb on turn gas on and start it up,put it in the right gear forward, reverse or neutral and control the trottle. So with the 110cc all he really has to learn is the brakes, and I have the trottle limit turned way down until he learns. Plus the 110 is a sort of mini 110 its not really big, although it will do 30-35 with me on it and I weigh about 250. The 110 I consider the motor on this quad a little larger than, what should really be on it. (Probably should have only a 50 on it) So instead of buying a 50 and a couple years later having to buy something bigger I can just turn the trottle up little by little. I figure he will be good till about 12 or as long as I can make the 110 last. Which I know the 110 will probably be dead way before he turns 12.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad

I looked everywhere and I couldn't find an adapter that wasn't outrageous, and didn't have to be custom built. You can buy the Performance parts cheap enough. I have about $400 is Performance Upgrades and I paid $540 for the Quad Brand New delivered to my house. I don't plan on selling the mini Quad so I've got about $1,000 tied up in a brand new nice, reliable powerful, mini ATV. I would have wanted to build it for her regardless of Brand. Dirt Wheels Christmas Issue had the Honda TRX-90's MSRP Listed at $2,999.99 so I would have around four grand in it by the time I built it. Plus I don't think she could ever get the concept of the clutch down on the TRX-90 and the 110 is more her size being 7yrs old.

Here's a picture of her 110, and bellow it is the best Dyno pull that Withrow Powersport's got out of it after we got through building it:

The following users liked this post:
bholstein85 (07-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Mods for 110-list here.