Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Mods for 110-list here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods for 110-list here.

I just bought a Redcat vx-110 for my daughter,I haven't even given it to her(tomorrrow for her birthday)and I'm brainstorming mods for it.We ride trails only,some with mud and water, so I'm probably gonna get an airbox tube for a Raptor 80 and put the filter in the airbox, probably K&N.What are some other easy mods that I could do right now for free or close to it.I'll do other mods later such as better tires,wheels,exhaust etc.

List all the mods you've done to these quads so we'll have them on one post.

Thanks
4man

Old 03-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There is not much you can do for free but things that are a must for better performance, reliability, and stability. A better airbox or K&N filter, locktite, change oil ASAP, better tires and spacers are about the biggest things to do. Just make sure you do alot of reading here for setup procedures. I and others have written alot of useful things that should be followed to make this the best experience for you and your daughter. Redcat is a pretty good machine. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was a little worried about the quality judging by what I've read,but I must say I was pleasantly surprised after I got it together.Now we'll see how it lasts. I've already set it up for her.Changed the oil went over all the nuts and bolts.Adjusted the carb and brakes and so on.The vx-110 comes with a K&N style filter coming right off of the carb.The plastic on this quad is straight from the Raptor 50-80 and has an airbox molded into the front fenders.So I'm gonna pick up an airtube and other bits and a good air filter to start with.That should keep it dry and clean.I was told that it had a 4-110 rear bolt pattern and a 4-88 front.I've bid on a set of Honda spacers for the rear to start with.New wheels and tires will come later on down the road with a step up to 10" front wheels.Thanks for the reply and I'll search around for some other posts.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Surely there are some mods and tips for the chinese quads.Not neccesarily the 110 but any of them.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:49 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Most of the chinese quad mods have been home built. Some have adapted FMF universal mufflers to them. Many have done air fliter mods. A few have gone into the engine and tried altering cam timing and done some porting too. Some have even gone to aftermarket carbs. For a while there a few were buying used shocks from Suzuki LT 160's. Wheel spacers aslo are one of the big mods, makes the machine more stable and softens up the front suspension too.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

Yomoto is coming out with after market performance upgrades for their 110's. Pipe and muffler package are one of the things listed. Search for Yomotos web site for more info.

Search Ebay for pit bike parts, some of them will fit your quad. Change your spark plug to a better one. I suggest getting a little bigger carb and a pit bike muffler.

Teej6

Old 03-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the Chinese 110cc's copies from the Kawasaki 110cc motor?

The reason I say this is because I know the Chinese pit bikes are pretty much all based on Honda 50 motors, and the hop up parts for the Honda 50's work on the Chinese as well. I have know idea, but if the Chinese 110's are basicaly Kawi engines, then you could buy Kawi upgrades.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Moto,

The 50, 70, 110 motors are based off of the Honda motors. The motor that is in the pit bikes are pretty much the same as the atv's.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Moto,

The 50, 70, 110 motors are based off of the Honda motors. The motor that is in the pit bikes are pretty much the same as the atv's.
2many, can you purchase honda parts for the 110, such as an upgraded muffler? not that i would use one yet. this bike seems to have an abundance of power and my daughter still rides only in 1st.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4manS
I just bought a Redcat vx-110 for my daughter,I haven't even given it to her(tomorrrow for her birthday)and I'm brainstorming mods for it.We ride trails only,some with mud and water, so I'm probably gonna get an airbox tube for a Raptor 80 and put the filter in the airbox, probably K&N.What are some other easy mods that I could do right now for free or close to it.I'll do other mods later such as better tires,wheels,exhaust etc.

List all the mods you've done to these quads so we'll have them on one post.

Thanks
4man
This is the Mod list that I've added to my 7yr old Daughter's 2009 Tao Tao Mini Eagle/Loncin 110cc Engine with Full Auto Transmission. I bought a New OEM Honda TRX-90 Head and had it Port/Polished By Withrow Powersports (WPR), Shindy SS Valves, T-Bolts Stage II Hot Cam, Polished 52.4mm T-Bolts High Compression Cast Aluminum Piston, NGKX Iridium Spark Plug, ADA Polished Aluminum Head Plates, Mikuni Monster VM-26mm Carburetor (FMF Power Jet, Jet Kit), SKY Performance 26mm Ported Intake Tube with Polished Adjustable Base Plate Spacer, TRC Racing Gold CDI Box, TRC Racing Hyper Coil & 8mm Hot Wire, FMF Titanium 5.0 Full Exhaust (Head Pipe With Mega Bomb & Silencer), UNI Dual Stage Air Filter, TRX400EX Oil Cooling System, Coolster SSR Nitrogen Gas Shocks (all 3) Re-valved By WPR with Reservoirs, Front Wheel Disk Brake Conversion with Hydraulic Upgrade, Qualex Custom Ultralight Full Body Skid Plates (A Arms, Swing Arm, Belly) New Dyed Peace Powersport Black Plastic/Red Hood/Yamaha Raptor Style Headlights, Peace Powersport Flame Graphic Kit ITP Polished 18x8 - 19x6x10 Wheels with Maxxis Tires, 2001 TRX-90 Wheel Hubs, Fly Handle Bars/Cross Bar Pad.

Lubricants Used:

AMS Oil 10W-40 Synthetic Oil
AMS D.O.T.-4 Brake Fluid
AMSOIL Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Grease

Don't let people tell you that the China Made Loncin 50cc, 110cc, 125cc Engines are NOT Honda Knock offs. Every Part I listed in that Mod list that was associated with the motor was for a Honda TRX-90 Youth ATV with the 52.4mm Cast Aluminum High Compression Piston that I ordered from T-Bolt being a exception. Everything in the Top End of the Engine is exactly the same except for the Cylinder Bore Dimensions. I did decide to upgrade to a 2003 Honda TRX-90 Cylinder Head because my ATV Mechanic (Withrow Powersports) suggested I buy a Real OEM Honda TRX-90 Cylinder Head because the Honda Heads are made out of a little harder Cast Aluminum and he can be more precise with the Port/Polish Work that he does and it turns out better with the Honda Head VS the Loncin Head. The Loncin 110cc Engine thats in my Daughters quad has a Toker Crank and Rod which is supposed to be the same same Crank and Rod that Honda uses in there CR Mini Dirt Bikes. Go to www.tbolts.com and talk to Vince, he will help you build your China Quad any way you want for any type of racing or riding.

Quick Reply: Mods for 110-list here.