Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD

Here in each state in the US, and I suspect in each province in Canada, they legislate, and regulate within their own borders. That means that each state and province is different. The prolem is they are not always consistant... and you need to find out what the rules are in each jusidiction you intend to ride in. Many states have started legislation that would ban kids under 12 from riding in the state. Mostly the rule applies to public areas, but we are starting to see a trend to make it illegal on private property as well. We used to see exceptions for agricultural use too, but even those are being affected. This is why each enthusiast needs to keep abreast of the laws, and pay attention to what is going on in your state. It is much easier to make your voice heard while they are considering a bill, than it is once it goes into law. GET INVOLVED

Old 08-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Seadog, I just came accross the thread. After reading the first messege, the fist thought i had was you are a newbie to the list. Well, I'll be the first to say welcome. This issue has been discussed many times, and the same comments made. Not sure if it has made a difference... but I share your concerns. I sometimes feel like a madman on a soap box in the dessert. Just don't be to thin skinned out here. Take opinion with a grain of salt, and let most things pass. You will sleep better. I don't think we need another wildman out on here on teh list. Say your peace. Find the parents and gently remind them of etiquett. They will probably blow beer in your face, but at least you tried eh?

Old 08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
I agree...I can take the jabs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hey, you say find the parent...you wouldn't believe how many times there are no parents around. Talk about regulations on hand guns, rifles, private property...hell, nobody need a liscense to have a kid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Whole nother story. Hey, enjoy life, it is short. Love many, trust few and paddle your own canoe! Keep riding and enjoy the family.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
...... I don't think we need another wildman out on here...
Hey - I resent that comment....

DB - havn't heard much out of your old 'bones' for a while. Good to see your still around. A little wisdom never hurt anyone...

WhoDat

Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
...... I don't think we need another wildman out on here...
Hey - I resent that comment....

WhoDat
"A tricycle and a puppy" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Heh heh, you know I have been around lurking... even more so since my accident last December. Went and broke my ankle really bad. Just got the knee working great after 3 years and 7 operations, and I went and had a senior moment, slipped on the ice and ended up with 8 more screws, and a metal plate holding everything together again... It is my luck

I still have that brand new Honda 4x4 Rubicon in the shed with less than 10 hours on it.and it is now almost 4 years old. I haven't been up to riding for a while.. but the ankle is healing. I guess when you get older, the body doesn't want to cooperate....

Anyway, I have been around causing trouble where I can... the wildman I was referring to is our old friiends from Michigan... I know you know who I am talking about... since you have had words in teh past with them both.

Say how is that Pitts doing these days? Did you make it down to Oshkosh this year? Sad to see the accident with the war bird running over a homebuilt. Those tail draggers are a bear to see out of when taxiing... Sure did a number on the homebuilt. I was amazed the pilot survived.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear of your accident DB. Godspeed in recovering. No - I don't take the Pitts to Oshkosh for that very reason - its impossible to see out of on the ground. Heck, it aint much to see out of in the air either. I’ve been to a few air shows that I wished I had skipped as someone always surprises me with how dumb a licensed pilot can be. I do fear running over someone or some thing. That and the fact there are no tie downs on the Pitts and a storm usually makes it way through there every year. To many bad experiences at Oshkosh for me. Last time I was there with the Tri-Pacer they filled it up with a mixture of furnace oil and avgas. They pumped it out and replaced it but I have brown stains on the bottom of the wings around the fuel drains now. This is my Off-year as I go every other year for the last 10 years or so. I'll take the travel trailer again as I did last time - that’s worked out the best so far. Spent yesterday working on the Pitts, new tire and brakes. Haven’t test flown it yet due to weather. Looking forward to that.

I'm done arguing in forums with butt heads. There is a never ending supply of them and my effort makes little if any difference at all.

My time with injured soldiers and helping the families of in-country in this war has given me a whole new perspective on what is and what isn't important. Having attended a few funerals for KIA’s is a real wakeup call. Sadly, what is important is seldom more than a blip in the news as people go rushing through their day. What impact I can have with that is measurable and so much more rewarding.

Hang in there DB and keep fighting the good fight. I'm hanging up my soap box... for now anyways.