Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

klotz nitro additive for 150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default klotz nitro additive for 150?

Well forget that then because Im not taking the carb apart to put some nitro stuff in my gas.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:27 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Klotz Nitro oxygenates the fuel. One jet up and you should be fine.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with Mywifesquad. There is no way to get RPM's higher in a rev limited engine. If you have an aftermarket rev box, maybe see a little bit of a difference but that would have to be on a larger more powerful engine I would think.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Do you really think he will notice a difference in a stock Gy6 engine? I could believe it in something modified, but this is basically a stock scooter engine.
The more stock the engine is the more power, percentage wise, you will get out of an oxygenated fuel. It does not matter if you get the oxygen out of a liquid fuel such as nitromethane or nitropropane or a gas such a nitrous oxide. They all do the same thing. Give the engine more oxygen. It's easy to give an engine more fuel; but hard to give it more air (O2). It's easy to pump a liquid into an engine but hard to make an engine ingest more air.
Some people do it with a pump (supercharger, turbocharger etc) Others do it chemically, nitrous oxide, nitromethane etc.
So to answer your question, yes it will make a difference. I don't know how much O2 nitropropane has in it because I have never played with the stuff. N2O has around 32% O2 in it. It makes a BIG difference!!!!!! I have played with nitrous on a stock 5hp Briggs to big block Chevy's. They all really come to life with any type system that gives the engine more O2 whether it's a turbo to N2O.
And no, the engine won't RPM more if you have a limiter on it. What it will do it RPM a hell of a lot faster. An all of that O2 in the lower RPM range will make a ton of torque down low.

And yes, if you give an engine more air (O2) you will have to rejet. If you don't, you will have a "religious" piston. (That is a holly piston for those of you that don't know)!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo

The more stock the engine is the more power, percentage wise, you will get out of an oxygenated fuel. It does not matter if you get the oxygen out of a liquid fuel such as nitromethane or nitropropane or a gas such a nitrous oxide. They all do the same thing. Give the engine more oxygen. It's easy to give an engine more fuel; but hard to give it more air (O2). It's easy to pump a liquid into an engine but hard to make an engine ingest more air.
Some people do it with a pump (supercharger, turbocharger etc) Others do it chemically, nitrous oxide, nitromethane etc.
So to answer your question, yes it will make a difference. I don't know how much O2 nitropropane has in it because I have never played with the stuff. N2O has around 32% O2 in it. It makes a BIG difference!!!!!! I have played with nitrous on a stock 5hp Briggs to big block Chevy's. They all really come to life with any type system that gives the engine more O2 whether it's a turbo to N2O.
And no, the engine won't RPM more if you have a limiter on it. What it will do it RPM a hell of a lot faster. An all of that O2 in the lower RPM range will make a ton of torque down low.

And yes, if you give an engine more air (O2) you will have to rejet. If you don't, you will have a "religious" piston. (That is a holly piston for those of you that don't know)!!!!!!
That makes total sense now Doctorturbo, Thanks for the response!! I remember reading somewhere about using oxygenated fuel in the Cr450F and getting 4hp or so just by using it. It just never dawned on me to use it in a foo foo thumper.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

hello all i dont reply on here much but i seen this ? about klotz nitro and i will agree that you will need to rejet for this stuff. i run it in my 11year olds eton 90 that was converted to alky and what a diffent quad it made it in to then i used the klotz nitro in it and wow it really wock it up but you still half to watch it closely. with alot of mods on your bike and cly temp readings and of course no revlimiter and rejetting we gained 5 more miles an hour in a two stroke it says use up to 4 oz. to a gal. but you might want to lean it out a little az the outside temp get hotter.

just my 2 cents worth

we all run dirtdrags here in missouri and you are all welcome here guy's and gal's