Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

My first full size dirt bike was a '73 CZ 250! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I was 15 and it was 2 years old. It had moved up Koni's, a Mikuni carb, a 5 speed, and a coffin tank [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Riding gear was a CZ jerzey(I still have), Lace up boots, a open face helmet with a duck bill visor and a Jofa mouth guard.I was so STYLING!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When I was 15, I had the 1975 CZ 250 Enduro. Yellow and Orange. I still remember paying $588, bought in a crate from a liquidator. This was my first real bike and I loved it !!

The Czechs really knew how to build a nice simple bike back then. Parts were a little hard to find later on, but I didn't care. I was always able to find what I needed.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Mywifesquad, I just went back to the beginnig of this thread. Somehow it seem's us older guy's highjacked carlw's thread. Maybe we should start our own. What should we call it the old geesers thread?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry about that carlw.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Hey Draggin' the guy across the street from me had 125 trials bike. He was pretty darn good at it too.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

Just a note:

A man that workes for me purchased a couple of Yamaha quads for his grandkids Christmas and this morning he came in mad ....both of the new Yamaha's will not start if you let them set for more than two days, He has called the dealer he purchased them from and they told him over the phone how to make them start. (four times) well Saturday he loaded them up and took them to the dealer and said make them run or give me my money back, I purchased a name brand bikes because I don't know how to work on them....He said he could have purchased a cheap bikes made in china for a lot less money and had the same or less problems......
Sounds like you can have a problem on a name brand carb just as easy as a no name bikes
But you never hear about the BIG BOYS having problems do you !

Archeric

Old 01-22-2007, 04:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: MIDDLEAGEDCRAZY
Mywifesquad, I just went back to the beginnig of this thread. Somehow it seem's us older guy's highjacked carlw's thread. Maybe we should start our own. What should we call it the old geesers thread?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry about that carlw.
I noticed that a while back too. im still thinking of starting a Old Guys Bench Racing thread.

Nothing personal to carlw....but these Chinese quads suck threads are a dime a dozen and it doesnt take to many pages for them to have run their course. This one would have probubly died if not for the [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] old guys in it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, new here. I asked the same question on a different forum and got the same response. I was told to look here for an answer by the responses in my other forum. I'm a father of 6 boys and want to start gettin quads, but pricing for 6 honda's etc...would be way out of my league. I havent bought yet but am probaly going with the chiniese ones. I know what I 'm gettin into and dont expect trinity quality just somthing for them to have fun on. A thread on those china bikes might be helpful where people (suckers like me) can trade info on where to get parts and such. Believe it or not all your bashing on each other on this thread, as entertaining as it is, was actually very helpful to let me know what im getting myself into with those quads. Thank you.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

cvame,

Six boys, how do you keep up?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would recommend Jetmoto, Redcat, or Kazuma; in that order. I have never owned a Jetmoto, but as you can see from alot of the posts, they so far seem to be the best Chinese quad out there. Look for posts by mywifesquad, he is for the most part a third party quality control guy for Jetmoto, and has forgotten more experience than I have ever had. I have a Redcat and it has been a reliable quad so far (going on 8 months). The only issues I have had so far is a worn ball joint, and the handling wasn't too great on rough terrain. A lot of bump steer. I have mostly remedied this through wheel spacers which allows the front suspension (stiff) to travel a little easier. If you are going to buy Chinese, go through John at Raceway. He stands behind everything he sells, and you will find it hard to find someone with something bad to say about him. Good luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

i have enjoyed it you old farts don't wory about it.

the title of my post "chinese quads are junk" was a very negitive title . my post was not negitive but the title was. this could of turned into a ugly never ending bash thred but it turned out very nicely.very positive .

Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome to the forum cvame! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Glad we could be of some help, even if it was in a round about way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] There are plenty of threads here with the info your looking for. Most of the "Chinese quads are Junk" threads got tossed in the trash can. Most ended up in name calling exchanges and we dont really go for that here.

carlw, Im not really sure why this thread didnt turn out like the others. Glad it served your purpose!

As a bonus it brought back a bunch of memories for a bunch of old farts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

CVAME, welcome. Some of us old guys have been dancing around on this list for some time now. ALthough we have never laid eyes on each other, I think there are a few us us who feel like we have a kinship going. MWQ will tell you that we have had our moments... especially on this subject... and his banging away at me has made me do a 180 on them. I wish you luck. Also I hope that you spend some time reading some of the safety threads too. You will probably find guys like me standing on soap boxes when it comes to making sure the kids get proper training, supervision, riding gear etc. Most important, is that they start out with the correct mind set. They need to respect the ATVs, or they will get hurt. Riding an ATV is not a right. It is a reward, and a priviledge. The moment they forget that, lock them up until they experience an attitude adjustment. Also, remember that being a responsible parent also means that you fulfill your part of the equation too. Parental supervision is essential. Why, you might find that you may enjoy getting dirty with the boys too. Give it a try.

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!