Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

I have 3 of the Baja's, 1 150 auto and 2 150 extremes. The extremes are yamaha blaster frames. The shocks are too stiff on them. I bought some used blaster shocks for mine. So far I have only had a few small problem with them. But I bought mine on and auction for $400 - $600 each (new unriden units). I am happy with them. Parts havn't been a problem to get Just call up Baja and order them.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Ha Dawg, I tried that retirement thing once... only problem was that my wife said she likes to eat and have a roof over her head so I had to strike out on the job hunt trail. Been over 10 years now.. not looking back at the military days any longer. Nice thing about being one of th emore senior guys on the block is that I can usually say just about anything I want in a crowd, and people just laugh and say well he is old... Keeps me from getting into fights a lot too... Of course Mrs DB doesn't blink. She is one rock of a woman... Glad I kept her around all these years.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Trailblazer

Just thinking to buy China made ATV call campell 650.any report of this ATV?
you can find it in http://www.jx-campell.com/
I got termin this week with importeur,I ll see and ride this crap and tell you the story after.
crap or not crap,depends on your luck.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: Reelgator
Rupps,Elsinores and Hodaka's...........now I am really starting to feel old ;-)

Owned em all.
I need to get a pic of my Rupp on my page. I did a rollling chassis rebuild/repaint. Only thing left is the engine now.

Hodaka had some of the greatest names ever. "Dirt Squirt" "Wombat" "Combat Wombat" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] "Road Toad" killed them though.

Dragginbutt, someday it would be great to sit down and bench race with you for a extended session. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Well I tell ya, I'd sure like to put a few days together and set out to tha land of sun and fun for an extended ride out west. Trouble is, I have spent the last 4 summers now mending one broken body part or another. After 3+ years and 7 surgeries on my knee, I dfinally found a surgeon that knew what he was doing and got it fixed. Only to fall on my butt a year ago on the ice and shattered my ankle so bad that at one point the local guys were talking cutting it off. You can imagine what my next phone call to the family ortho doctor that had patched me up the last time, and my son twice was like. I had to travel a bit, but it was worth every penny. 8 screws, two steel plates later, I can walk. The ankle has nearly full motion, and it is still flesh and bone. Can't climb stairs too well any more, and bumpy terrain is hell too, but I don't have to use my cane any more on most days. That is a great improvement. Maybe some day...

By the way MWQ, you have an impressive list as well. No Maico's, but I won't hold that against you...

Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Dragginbutt,

I hope that ankle heals to the point where you can ride in comfort again someday. Man if I knew half as much and owned half as much as you have. You are right about having the experience with the toys that you have owned. All that is left is for us all to go to Wisconsin and see that 9 acres of what looks like untouched land of yours.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah me too. I haven't been there now for two years. It happens to be about 1400 miles from where I have lived for the last 17 years. It was supposed to be my retirement home location, but the problem out there is that there is no work. I am a Internet Security consultant for the State Dept in DC and can't pull away from the money. But some day, the wife and I are going to say enough is enough and pack the junk up and move. You are right, it is absolutely pristine. I am the only property owner on the road leading in. Other than the deer that live there, it is pretty much untouched and most importantly, no BUGS. I got a very good deal on it a few years back. It really is where my family roots are. My dad grew up in the area. My grand parents on my mom's side had a farm not too far from there as well. I have family all around the area. Close, but not too close if you know what I mean. My 2 older children turn their noses up in the air and slink back to the city, but give me a farm, and small town living any day. My youngest was introduced to the wonderful world of wild blackberies there and I can't get him to leave the place when we do stop by. Mrs DB absolutely loves it, so that is all that is important to me. The land is just outside a little town called Kendall, SE of Tomah. Your basic 3 bars, one gas station, one grocery store and 4 churches kind of town with the Baseball diamonds, and the band stand in town center just like in the movies.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
Well I tell ya, I'd sure like to put a few days together and set out to tha land of sun and fun for an extended ride out west. Trouble is, I have spent the last 4 summers now mending one broken body part or another. After 3+ years and 7 surgeries on my knee, I dfinally found a surgeon that knew what he was doing and got it fixed. Only to fall on my butt a year ago on the ice and shattered my ankle so bad that at one point the local guys were talking cutting it off. You can imagine what my next phone call to the family ortho doctor that had patched me up the last time, and my son twice was like. I had to travel a bit, but it was worth every penny. 8 screws, two steel plates later, I can walk. The ankle has nearly full motion, and it is still flesh and bone. Can't climb stairs too well any more, and bumpy terrain is hell too, but I don't have to use my cane any more on most days. That is a great improvement. Maybe some day...

By the way MWQ, you have an impressive list as well. No Maico's, but I won't hold that against you...
Every time I read about your knee surgeries, I am glad when my knee started bugging me i got a thumper with a e-start. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It is good to hear your getting well finally. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I want a mid 70's Maico if that counts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Funny thing about the Maico's. I had a t-shirt (child size [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) back in the early 70's we got at some bargain store. It was a guy riding a dirt bike. The bike was a Maico. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

One of the guys I grew up with had Maico he raced. The first time I rode it, he had worked on the throttle cable. Whenever you turned the bars to the left, it pulled on the cable.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

In their day, the Maico's were top dog. Until the Elsinore came out that is. I had both. The Honda was a God send from a maintenence point of view, and they had really good front forks that made everything else junk.. Including my Maico. The Maico's were not the horsepower kings (but were close), but until that time, they were the best handling machine out there. Their forks were legendary... but the Honda's were better. Plus you didn't need to modify, tweak, rebuild every other week etc. They just plain worked. You gassed it up, and blew off the competition. Man I miss the smell of Klotz in the morning..on a cool, foggy morning when the smoke would just hang in the air... ahhhh what things we miss as we get older. That and the smell of Methanol around the local dirt tracks when the USAC Midgets were in town... but that is another story.

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!