Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

carlw,

I honestly don't mean to take personal jabs at you. That's not what I am on these forums for. I just get sick of people out there posting how ALL of these quads suck, when they can only base their experience on one or two quads. Really, my 14 yr old has gotten every dollar out of the 1699 we paid for our FX-150. He really takes a lot of pride in it. And we have done a few things to it to make things better as you did. We added 6 inches to the front and rear through spacers, which dramatically improved the ride quality on it. I ditched the old handlebars for a set of MSR bars which were wider. New grips, lights, and just plain preventive maintenance is really all this quad has had. I have never needed to do any more preventive maintenance than I have with my Zuki, or any of my others. And I am not afraid to pep it up a little either. I have a UNI 2 stage filter coming for it tomorrow, for example. There are actually a fair amount of aftermarket parts out there for the clone gy6 engines. But again, we all have our opinions, all I ask is that you don't bash people for the quads they buy when they come on here looking for help. Don't let a couple bad quads ruin your entire opinion of these.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LAKOTABOB
Most stuff from China is junk.
Good review. And I love the examples. Keep up the good work.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:55 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: godIlove2ride
Carpal Tunnel? I think you passed that at the 10,000 post mark. Right now I think you are close to checking into the Betty Ford Clinic![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Have you ever heard of the SpinZone? I spend a lot of time in there. Its a sort of support group for peoiple who spend way too much time on the AtvConnection. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 10:56 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: godIlove2ride
Originally posted by: LAKOTABOB
Most stuff from China is junk.
Good review. And I love the examples. Keep up the good work.
LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I've seen the zone. I've thought about going in there and posting, but I would be lost in the conversation. I spend a lot of time on here myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

It is amazing to me the numbers of people who go out and buy these things because they are a third the price of the major brands (That should be a major clue) and then complain about them when they find out that quality might be less, or parts availability is non existant, or they can't get service etc. Well DUH.
A few minutes of research would have indicated that although there are problems, the good news it that they can be over come with a little planning, patience and mechanical aptitude. Given the right skills, and preparation, they can be a cost effective alternative, and a great introduction to the world of ATVing. Perhaps next time, they will consider this part of their purchase decision and buy from a major brand so they can avoid the hassles.
Here is a shocker.... even the major brands break parts..... the benefit is that you are rarely more than a few days from getting the part you need, and it is easier to find a mechanic to work on it.

MWQ, did I do OK? Truth be known, I WAS one of the most outspoken cheap machine bigots out here a while back. I have had a change of heart. Once you understand that most are sold and manufactured under license to a few of the big boys, and understand the planned obsolescence that is built into them with the goal that you will quickly buy a major brand just to avoid all the frustration, you find the strategy quite amusing.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

godIlove2ride, go on into the zone some time. Tell them MWQ sent you. Really great bunch of people in there.

Dragginbutt, you did excellently and youve come a long way in the time I've been here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have never heard of the sell you junk and then have you hooked theory before. Interesting.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

godilovetoride,
I am very hapy with the atv I bought. I get 2 weeks off at christmas and the kids are out of school and he rode the thing for hours everyday with no problems at all. I was just agreeing with carlw's statement that you better be a mechanic in my case it was my dad that helped me get it going but Its very rare that you can just crank one of these up and its ready to go so you better either have knowledge know someone that has knowledge or be ready to spend some money. I am however very happy with the atv I purchased after the carb cleaning the only other thing I did was order an 11 tooth sproket to give more bottom end

Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone seriously think they can take a Honda, Kawi, Suziki, Polaris, etc out of the crate from the factory and just "crank it up"?

Trust me, they go through the same issues.

Again people let's try to keep the issues clear.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

Dearest Sirs,
If you own one, post your opinions. If you don't or do not know anyone who does, please state so so we know where your opinion is coming from. About those who think Japan is a thing of the past....just note, nobody can compete with free labor. I hope you are ready to have the Chinese import nurses and doctors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Love many, trust few and shut the f up if you never owned one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Man, somebody do a cheap shot on ole SEADAWG. Man, I lost my touch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEAPUP

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!