Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

Originally posted by: kansasbuggy
Look at the other brands and see how many post there are. Not all of them are good
Welcome to the forum kansasbuggy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Everyone knows MOST are JUNK. The point is not ALL are.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah MOST are junk.....after MWQ beats the crap out of em'[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I don't so much hate them becasue of poor materials etc. What really bugs me is they don't make an effort to support the industry. You know, the people stuff that the big boys do.. SOme call it marketing, well OK, but they DO add $ to events etc. Next time you see a SUzuki or Yamaha banner, chances are they are paying the $ it takes to put on an event. That is paying back to the sport. The really big question I have with the ones sold on every corner is what if any information was give th eparents regarding safety, dangers responsible riding tips etc. Probably the guy can olny tell you the color, and price.. and that is because a sticker is on it.

I do believe that some are making improvements in quality. It does come down to how mechanically inclined you are. Maintain it properly, and you get your money's worth out of it. Beat it to death , and it will die

Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
I don't so much hate them becasue of poor materials etc. What really bugs me is they don't make an effort to support the industry. You know, the people stuff that the big boys do.. SOme call it marketing, well OK, but they DO add $ to events etc. Next time you see a SUzuki or Yamaha banner, chances are they are paying the $ it takes to put on an event. That is paying back to the sport. The really big question I have with the ones sold on every corner is what if any information was give th eparents regarding safety, dangers responsible riding tips etc. Probably the guy can olny tell you the color, and price.. and that is because a sticker is on it.

I do believe that some are making improvements in quality. It does come down to how mechanically inclined you are. Maintain it properly, and you get your money's worth out of it. Beat it to death , and it will die
Since your a little older than I am, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you have to remember the late 60's and early 70's. I grew up those days in Md and Ill. I remember that you could buy a minibike or a go kart in just about every hardware store, auto parts store, gas stations, etc.... Of course there were the good ones the Rupp's, Speedways, Fox's etc... and the there was a bunch of JUNK. Back then the big guys supported the racing and the little guys just sold more junk. The difference now, is that its not minibikes from scattered cities in the US and a few in Japan. Its quads/dirt bikes coming from China. There will always be people willing to make junk and other's looking for bargains. I think in a few years or so the Chinese quads that have made it will start supporting the sport. Most have only been at it under 5 years. I dont think honda was putting much into the sport except for advertising in the beginning.

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

Old 01-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

The best thing about this fourm is people can get advice on how to repair a four wheeler made in China from people that have ATV's made in China. If you need help ask, and somebody will help. All are not junk !

I've hear this type bitching in other forums...I love Archery Hunting, You will spend a lot of money on that stuff, and I like to read the forums. people think what they use or what their buddy has is the best, and what you have is JUNK !
I remember a poor guy saved his hard earned money to buy the best he could afford and they killed the guy...just killed him because he didn't have the funds to buy the name brand pro quality stuff, he did the best he could and was proud of his choice till those buttheads took him apart...made him feel like the scum of the earth because he had purchased a product that was in his budget... They didn't help him and welcome him into the archery club they condemned him !
People don't think before they make a statement...they just have rude remarks, if you were in church and someone there had on cloths made in china would you tell them they had on junk....just because your cloths are better, it might be the best they can do....but I know some of you would say...I would rather be naked than wear that crapp made in china.....
You all better go to your local auto parts store and look at where all the auto parts are coming from..CHINA but thats different I know !
I wish people here would give some respect to the new people in quads that don't have the money to spend on name brand bikes and welcome them into the sport instead of putting them down ! at least they have a quad.
This place is about as bad as Chevy vs Ford or Dodge vs Toyota forum, you can get a POC in any make and if you don't have one or never owned one keep your comments to yourself unless your buddy's brother had a buddy who's father-n-law said it was junk.

Archeric
Kazuma Dingo150

Old 01-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rupp :-) haven't heard that in a longtime.

Was my first motorized toy.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I rode one of them dirtbikes once.......didn't they make sleds too??

Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

I think the Chinese quads are decent.

No, they don't measure up to the big boys in fit and finish or sport support.
But then, didn't I just pay less than 1/2 what a big boy's toy would cost? Oh yeah, I did!

I got what I paid for, a decent quad. Did I get the best? Nope. Did I get something that will last until my grandchildren ride? I doubt it.

Did I get something I will have fun with on weekends, etc. You bet!

Not to mention, I have something with no computers, limited emission controls, and unlimited mod capability! I can tinker with this thing and not have to worry about O2 sensors, etc.

Word for the wise though: Be mechanically inclined! These are not uncrate and run bikes for the most part.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

MWQ, you are soooo right. I had one of those junk POS machines from ... gulp.. Japan back then. I bought a maico from Germany when I was in my teens. Man I thought I owned the world...for every hour I rode it, it used to take two in maintenence. Then when I turned 18, Honda came out with the first Elsinores. I can honestly say, I owned the second CR250 Elsinore in the midwest, and I cleaned up at the track with it... And believe it or not, other than putting rings in it on a regular basis, and one split gas tank, I had zero problems with it. Oh it would launch you over the handlebars if you didn't know it's strict starting procedures, but it was great. I too remember the go-kart days I had one, and I have a very funny story if anyone is interested about mine... Any way, I drooled over the Ruppster.. then Honda made the pilot.. oh man... I wanted one so bad I could have peed my pants. When I was 12, I saved all my money from mowing grass and working at a local race track selling soda and popcorn and walked into the local Ski-Doo establishment, and paid $1200 cash for a brand new TNT340. Man I was king of the neighborhood... Canada made that one.. Somewhere in there I had a Honda SL, and a scrambler SST minibike.. and oh yeah, don't forget the Bananza mini bike with a Hodaka Ace 100 engine on it... That thing was a death trap for sure... I think the real corner was turned back then with the introduction of the Trail 50 and Trail 90 from Honda. That was the first bike out that really paid attention to quality... You couldn't kill them things.

I dont' know where this is going... other that to say that everyone is right.. we should welcome everyone that slings a leg over on one of these things, and help them out when they ask for it. Otherwise, we become the bad guys everyone is trying to make us out to be. I can't care less what is on the side of your machine.. well as long as it isn't a Kawasaki that is... and I am not fond of Suzuki either.. but that is another story. Come one come all, as long as you ride sanely, you are OK in my book.

Be safe, and keep the bars on top...

DB

Old 01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I remember the days of the old Rupp mini bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also remember finding frames and putting a Briggs & Stratton in them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!