Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Is a vbike good for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a vbike good for me?

thanx bigdmbfn i think your right i need to just go out and actually drive some of these quads and make a decision based on that. I appreciate all the input. Well if you can ride a little 80,then ithink ill be fine with whatever i get. I just hope i get a quad nd then a weeklater its dead in the water. If its gonna hapen to someone its gonna happen to me so any thing i can do to make sure its a good bike im gonna do. Hope i find something soo i just wanna hit the trails now that the snow has finally almost melted. Thank you guys

Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Is a vbike good for me?"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: slydogsrus

I fully agree with "sflarider" that not everyone can afford a $6000 dollar ATV but they can afford a $1500 dollar ATV. The reason there are so many 20 year old Honda's and Yamaha's is because they have better parts support with a local dealer to go to when you have problems.

The biggest problem with Chinese ATV's is that there is very little parts support or dealer support after the sale, and service manuals are non-existent so it is up to the consumer to do his own homework and turn a wrench when they break. Of course there are corners cut here and there but for the $$$ it allows some people to enjoy ATVing that otherwise could not.

To answer the posters question Vbike would be a better choice as there is parts support after the sale, and the Vbike's are Taotao brand which are built very well for the $$$. You still need to go over the ATV and locktite the bolts and flush the fluids along with tune the carb and tighten the chain, but these are all things that any "name brand" dealer does before you ever see the ATV.

Chinese ATV's get a bad rap because most people do not take the time to tighten and locktite every bolt and then complain when the wheel falls off, or they didn't tighten the chain and the chain fell off.

Here are some good deals for a 250cc utility below.........

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-250cc-ATV-UTILYTI-FREE-SHIP-MORE-DISCOUNT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2e l1262QQcategoryZ6726QQihZ012QQitemZ220222127514QQt cZphoto
">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...27514QQtcZphoto
</a>

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.atvdiscounter.com/ATVs/Size/250cc-22781/3511221-ATV-20/ProductInfo.aspx
">http://www.atvdiscounter.com/A...roductInfo.aspx
</a>

The first link is the one I have and after a sprocket change and a new chain it is a very powerful ATV and would be perfect for camping with the racks and costs $1150 delivered. The second link is a shaft drive water cooled 250cc which some prefer over chain drive due to less maintenance on shaft drive. Shaft drive ATV's usually start at $2000 so $1688 delivered is a lot of bang for your buck.

Best of luck with your search.........................Slydog</end quote></div>

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

nuffer,theres a lot of people that have vbikes and are very happy with them,but you have managed to hijack every thread with your issues.Have you tried contacting Tim?They are chinese bikes and there are going to be issues but it seems you don't have the patiants to deal with things that can occure with a chinese made bike.
It can be frustrating to even pay 1200. for a bike and troubles but its going to happen when your not dealing with a brick and moter dealer.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey nuffer, I am very happy with my V4S Vbike. Sure there where some small problems with mine up front but for the price I paid I couldn't complain. I called Tim and within time all the problems were ironed out.

You have to remember that we, the customer, have to do the initial setup and iron out the bugs that a name brand dealership would do for you. The dealerships are more than happy to charge you for this.

I have seen time after time were Vbike steps up and takes care of it's customers, there are only a handful of Made in China sellers that do that. Warranty is never fun but at least you have it, give it a chance.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I agree with both of these guys. YOU are the dealer when you buy a chinese quad in a box... part of the huge dollars saved. EVERYTHING needs to be checked like the dealer would.. Part of the Set Up fee you didnt pay.

I also agree about you hijacking every thread in your frustration. When i get some time Im going to go clean up the mess youve made. Its ok to have a problem and talk about it here...its not ok to repeat the same complaints in every vbike thread you can find.

MWQ

Old 08-07-2008, 02:41 AM
RIP Dear Friend

There are so many forum members willing too help. The hijacking will not continue because it serves no purpose. MWQ let me know if this continues.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptoryfn660r

There are so many forum members willing too help. The hijacking will not continue because it serves no purpose.

MWQ let me know if this continues.</end quote></div>

I started the clean up at my lunch..I finished it tonite.

No problem R660r.