Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lack of followup on this site

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lack of followup on this site

Please people if you post a question in response to someones post please check back to see if the poster responded!! This is one of the most inconsistant forums I have ever particpated in! people make a post in here obviously needing help with a problem. They post their question. someone ask a question about that post, the poster responds to that question and then there is no response. I bet alot of people get discouraged by this forum. When someone answers a post the info seems pretty relavant and helpfull but people arent following up on the post so they just seem to drop off into space!! I am very new to this forum, I have posted 2 questions about my quads, the first was answered and very accurate within about 3 days. Fixed my problem. but the second still goes unanswered for a week now. My position in all this is that if you are interested in a persons quad problem enough to ask a question or comment in their post,please follow up and help that person and not just lave them hanging!! Im sure there are many poeple on here that either sold or parted out their quads,when the problem could have been fixed very easily and inexpensively!! But instead they get discouraged and lose interest in the quad and end up losing interest in the hobby all together, and someone else who knows a little more about the quads get a hell of a deal!! As I did I bought 2 2006 kazuma quads for $250.00 and $40.00 later I have 2 perfectly running quads that my kids now enjoy. Ok now im done ranting, but please people follow up on these posts, it drives me crazy to see a post and there are 3 or 4 relavant responses and then there is nothing, and the person is left with the problem and no answers!!!! HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP OOOONNNNNEEEE AAANNNNOOOOTTTHHHEEERRR!!!!!!!Where all here for the same reason!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am in kinda the same boat, except, no one has replied to my post from 5-30-08 at all. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one with this type of ATV, and I am the only one looking for parts for it. Forums are supposed to help people, but I guess if you only have 1 post to your name, they aren't going to wasted their time helping you because it's a good chance you posted the same question on 20 other forums and you more than likely will not come back to check this one. Nothing personal to you pldtj5, I'm not writing this as an answer or followup to your post, I'm just saying in general anyone that has 1 post probably posted on other sites as well. I did not post on other sites, just this one. I figured out where to get parts on my own, though.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

I would have to say that if you posted a question about one of the more popular manufactures(Polaris,Can Am,Kawasaki,Suzuki,Arctic Cat,Yamaha, and Honda) you would have received answers much sooner. That is because most of us ride machines by these manufactures. Companies like Kazuma have their own special problems caused by inferior materials and assembly practices below par. So don't take it personal, the guys here want to help.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

I have to apologize for myself any way. I dont know what an Alta is or what one even looks like, but when I see someone here having some troubles I try to offer what little 2 cents worth I do have. I did find a site on the net for one guy looking for a starter and posted the URL for him. the site link is : http://www.buykazuma.com/index.php, there are several Chinese ATV's listed none of which is an Alta or ? Plus there are some of the more popular Japs there also mostly in the smaller sizes. I myself have a Vbike and get my parts from the distributor in Edmond , Okla. but then the bike is still under warrenty also. Hope this site might help. Dont cut everyone down for lack of knowledge

Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, like most everyone on this forum, have had excellent responses and fast. I am relatively new to this forum and have noticed that the responses are slow for "generalized" categories, such as "sport quads". If you had a yamaha and posted on yamaha's thread, you would have a much different outcome. Unfortunately, Kazumas are not as popular, so it would be difficult to get specific answers unless it was jetting or something common among other manufactures. I would try posting elsewhere on this forum and maybe you would get a better response. Also, don't forget people do work and play, so they are not always on the computer to check.....

Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I understand, if no body knows what the alta is, they wouldn't be much of a help to me, LOL. I did get a reply on my other topic from someone that sells parts for it too.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

The way I look at it the brand should be irrelevant to whether you get any suggestions or not, The basic mechanics are all the same. Most of the questions I see posted on here pretty much would apply to any brand. I could see it is you were looking for model specific manuals, wiring diagrams and stuff like that. Each of the chinese brands are modeled after the "popular brands" Kazuma is very close to the older honda models. the 110 has the exact same engine, tranny,clutch layout as the 1985 honda atc 110.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

If nobody responds, maybe nobody has any help to offer.
I don't respond to LT50 questions cuz I had one and considered it a poor machine.
I don't respond to any of these chinese threads cuz I consider most all of em junk.
There is a heck of a difference between "modeled after the popular brands" and being one.
The ATV Connection forums are the best kids quads site that I know of...Period. If help can be found, it's here 99% of the time.
I hope you have better luck with responces.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I can see offering advice, but as for following up afterwards, unless you've left more than 1 or 2 responses, I don't see a need. Especially if the person that originally posted the question has found the fix they were needing.

I don't think I have posted more than a few "have you got it running" posts. And those were just for ones that had gotten very few responses, and the original poster never said if they had gotten it fixed.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Please remember - it's not how you post, it's not even what you post. It's WHERE you post. The area that that you posted in, "Kid's Quads and Other ATVs", gets about 20% of the "traffic" that the other brands get. I am on this forum almost everyday and I rarely check that topic. Because of my limited time, I only browse the areas that interest me. It's not that people lack the knowledge or desire to help, it's just that it takes a little extra time in some topics. Have patience and your answers will come.

Quick Reply: lack of followup on this site