Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Going to look at a couple used kids atvs tomorrow.. what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to look at a couple used kids atvs tomorrow.. what do you guys think?

A late 80's LT80 that they say is in great running condition and good cosmetic condition, also a 2004 Eton viper 90 in decent condition as well.

They say both have been ridden and show some signs of wear but both run and drive great.

What do you guys think? if they are both in ok running condition is the set worth $1100?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I would think they as a pair are worth that if both are in good running order. those are both good machines.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

NO GOOD! Very bad price...
Gimme that guys name and number..I wanna give him heck..LMAO

Seriously tho,, grab em!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the pair.. They are in decent shape and run well.

First order of business is to get the kids some proper riding gear! I picked up some boots for them today.

Picasa Web Albums - bans25 - New (used) Quads

The kids love them, although I overbought for my daughter.. I am now looking for a smaller 50 or even one of those eton 40's for her..

-Bill

Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

you did good, when my kid started riding I bought him all the gear pants,jersey,chest protector (probably along with helmet the most important gear there is). i searched online and found great package deal.

is she riding the Eton or LT? whichever does the machine just seems to big for her or to fast? does it have speed control screw on the throttle?

congrats on the purchase I bet the kids love them!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by LT80
NO GOOD! Very bad price...
Gimme that guys name and number..I wanna give him heck..LMAO

Seriously tho,, grab em!

I probably would of bought them just for the heck of it and sold them for more.....looking at the pics he got a great deal on them. Ah heck i would of kept them for yard ripper uppers LOL!

Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
is she riding the Eton or LT? whichever does the machine just seems to big for her or to fast? does it have speed control screw on the throttle?
The Eton has the speed control screw (I havent adjusted it yet) and the LT has the throttle stop (I turned that way down)

The LT80 is a great fit for my son size wise.. and he really picked up on the foot brake quickly.. the hand brakes for some reason is taking a bit longer.. I think the eton "scares" him a bit.. the bike is louder and slightly bigger and has more going on (switching from N to F, holding the brake at the same time to start it etc) he just likes the LT80 better (he is 5)

She also like the LT80, but she needs to lean forward quite a bit (to much for my liking) and she cant really push on the brake yet and her hands can not put the hand brake.. But she can hit the throttle.. she nailed it last night and took off on me when I was right next to her.. she scared me half to death! as I brought the bike to a stop she was laughing!! she loved it! (I need to watch out for her.... she is one of those!!)

I think the eton 50 may be the way to go... I actually came across a eton 40 that needs some work (I sent an email about it tonight), I am hoping I can pick that up.

My current plan is to have him on the LT for a couple of years then move him to the Eton and have her move to the LT..

Thanks for all the help!!

-Bill

Old 06-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
I probably would of bought them just for the heck of it and sold them for more.....looking at the pics he got a great deal on them. Ah heck i would of kept them for yard ripper uppers LOL!

I may use the eton 90 this weekend for some riding next to my son through some easy dirt road riding..

I need to find a machine for me now!

-Bill