Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2010 Polaris Outlaw 90

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Polaris Outlaw 90

I just bought my daughter a 2010 polaris outlaw 90. It doesnt seem to have that much power. Is there a governor or something in the exhaust that restricts power? I know about the throttle adjusting screw. It is all the way out. Also she is wanting parts for more power. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Old 10-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear that your disappointed in your Polaris. My biggest suggestion to you would be to get rid of it as soon as you can. I bought a brand new 08 Outlaw 90 and have had nothing but problems ever since. Polaris does not stand behind their products and it is a pile of JUNK. Basically the whole bike has been rebuilt. Your best bet is to unload it.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Range Rover

check the manual if it has an adjustable cdi. it might be turned right down

Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

No adjustable CDI.....just the throttle limiter, which has already been addressed.

How old is your daughter and what does she weigh. Whats your expectations? Are you tearing up the yard or trail riding?

For example my sons LT80 (which mind you is a well worn 1988 model) will flat haul on level ground, he can keep up with me on my Honda till I stick it in 5th.....hes all over me in 1st thru 4th. Hes 8 and weights about 95 lbs.

Out on the track it does great, hard packed ground and its easy to keep momentum, even for the tall jumps.

On the trail he struggles a bit. For instance something like a steep incline that I can grunt over with ease......hes got to get some speed and keep momentum up......he cant get up it from a dead stop at the bottom. There just isnt enough power there.

Thats stock gearing, Im sure I could make it better with a smaller sprocket but we spend most of our time on the track and yard anyways.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Just read this from this very site:

OrangeSkullz
Trailblazer
My Garage Join Date: Jan 2008

POLARIS Outlaw 90
my brother along with his son, a buddy & I went riding this past weekend at Richland Furnace State Park in OHIO. This was the first chance my 7 year old nephew had a chance to check out his Outlaw 90 on some trail riding & hill climbing.

Gota tell you guys, that little 90cc Polaris will climb some damn steep hills for no bigger than it is. The thing Impressed the **** outta me for sure.

Our buddy that went just purchased an '03 Polaris 500. This was his first "real" time being on a quad. He actually waited for my nephew to climb some hills before he would, and he's 46 years old.

After seeing the way that thing performed, and we rode about 24 miles that day. I KNOW for a fact what I'm buying my boy (soon to be 5 years old) for his birthday.......
Seems this ATV is supposed to have plenty of power.

I know nothing of the Polaris ATVs....I do know they are re-branded.

The Outlaw 90 is built in Taiwan by AEON to Polaris specs
Perhaps, like the Chinese wheelers, these are shipped over with gel packs in the carbs.......if so a good cleaning could fix your power issue, couldnt hurt.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Outlaw 90

I bought an Outlaw 90 for my daughter last Christmas. The thing has been bullet proof. Has very strong power to even haul my big **** up steep hills. There is about 600 miles on it now and I have only 2 complaints 1. The front brakes always need to be adjusted after every ride although the pads are holding up ok, they just seem to keep fading after a good 25 miles. 2. The chain / rear brake guard always looses-up, granted since it's only a few inches off the ground it does take a beating. I had no other issues; motor and drive train are rock solid.
Sorry to hear you having bad luck with power. Ours is completely stock with the exception of a uni-airfilter and a change to the main jet and needle to account for more air. I hit 30mph on it on a level blacktop and I weigh in at a modest 215lbs. Try a re-jet it may work for you.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

She is 8 years old and about 55lbs. She also owns a 250r which she does fine on but i dont think she is ready for andy hill climbs yet. I was just hoping to get a little more power out of the 90. Maybe an FMF Pipe will change a little. The 90 is fine for right now but i figure before next summer she might want a little more climbing power.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

the above is a video of my 6 yr old son on his outlaw 90 @ oceano dunes... i installed an after market exhaust tip that can be found on EBAY...billet aluminum

to an extent, i agree that it is somewhat slow...BUT i feel it is a great bike for my son to be riding right now...very wide and hard to tip (my son has dumped it a few times showing off doing donuts lol)

i am interested in an aftermarket air filter. does anyone have any pics of their aftermarket filter in their outlaw 90?? the stock air filter is GARBAGE

i was thinking the uni filter in the stock box with the lid off, and rejet?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

"She is 8 years old and about 55lbs. She also owns a 250r which she does fine on but i dont think she is ready for andy hill climbs yet."

ya, not ready for hills....
There are few words that can desribe putting a 8 year old on a 250R.
Seeins we're in a public forum, I won't post the ones I'm thinking of.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT80
"She is 8 years old and about 55lbs. She also owns a 250r which she does fine on but i dont think she is ready for andy hill climbs yet."

ya, not ready for hills....
There are few words that can desribe putting a 8 year old on a 250R.
Seeins we're in a public forum, I won't post the ones I'm thinking of.
That caught my eye as well, under 15 and 250R just don't mix in my book, you are just asking for trouble there,the power band on that thing would scare most kids off quads for life.

Quick Reply: 2010 Polaris Outlaw 90