Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Another stubborn Alphasport 90 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011 | 06:55 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Yep, I am still scratching my head.

I now have fire to the plug, but apparently the plug being a little wet does not translate to enough gas going out of the carb to the cylinder.
The starter will just turn away, but nothing happens.
I squirted a little gas into the spark plug hole and boom, it started right up until it burn that gas.
I have gas in the tank, the petcock flows fuel, the filter is installed properly and gas flows thru to the carb. Also, when I unscrew the bowl screw, gas pours out. But, nothing apparently is going to the engine.
So, I guess I have to pull the carb and try cleaning it again as I can only figure that I missed whatever is clogging it up.

Is there any particular thing that I need to check or clean on the carb? The only adjustment I can see is one screw that I have no idea how to adjust it properly. Is this the needle or just the idle adjustment?

I feel like I am so close, and it is just frustrating that it refuses to run for me.

Rod

Old 08-20-2011 | 09:47 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Finally got the chance to pull the carb

I cleaned it as well as I could. I took out overy screw possible and blew it out with the air hose.

I got it back together, and it cranked in less than a second.

To begin with, it bogged down at about mid-throttle. After a little run time, it doesnt bog as bad, but I wonder if there is a carb adjustment that I have wrong. Or, if there is some governor that I have missed to keep speed low?
The throttle goes all the way, so I know its not on the handle bar.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Rod

Old 08-27-2011 | 02:47 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Unbeleivably, I STILL need help

After the atv ran perfect last weekend, it wont start again. This time it is due to no spark.
I cant understand how it ran great the last time it was touched, and now something is wrong. I am so PO'd at this machine.

Can someone point me to where to look to find its fire again?? Everything appears to be hooked up, and as said before, nothing has changed with the atv since last weekend.

Rod

Old 09-03-2011 | 08:49 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Still need

HELP!!

Still no luck with fire, and I dont know what else to check or do.

Any ideas?

Rod