Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

i am sick of the D.N.R and Clare Co. Mi

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am sick of the D.N.R and Clare Co. Mi

I am going to start a petition, and get all the townships and O.R.V dealers that i can find to support
this cause... We own property in Winterfield Township, In Clare Co. Michigan, and we have lot's of
two tracks and snowmobile trails in the middle of nowhere! The D.N.R has nothing better too do then chase us down and give us SH**! Why can't we ride on the same trails as a motorcycle with a O.R.V sticker?
And why can't i ride on the same trails in witch i ride my snowmobile? IT'S BULLSH**!
We are 40yrs old and like to get crazy in the gravel pit and just cruzzzzzz the trails!
Why is Clare Co. so uptight?
If there is anyone else out there having a problem in Michigan please get back to me on this issue!

Cabinwife

cabindawg@aol.com

Old 06-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

CABINWIFE,
no disrespect intended here,however,off road cyclist CANT ride anywhere they want with just an ORV sticker.

I also agree with you,with all the open 2 track forest roads we[ATVers] DONT have access to is just a damn shame,but yet,a snowmobiler can ride them.

Bill

Old 06-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the same here, snowmobilers have access to literally thousands of miles of trails,ditches, and are even allowed to ride through towns all winter, yet once it warms up, we are told to keep off the trails, no riding in city limits, and no ditches from April to August !!! yet we pay into a trail fund, and need trails,too, all we are told is quads do too much damage, you can't ride any more. I realize snow and frozen ground is less likely to show trail use damage, but I don't know of any quads that run 1.5 inch carbide spikes that tear up asphalt and run up and down city streets without any regard to the laws limiting them. If a single quad ran up and down a town mainstreet just one time, the entire police force would track him down and then all quads would be banned. Sorry to rant, but it seems to me that quads in a lot of states have a lot more restrictions than any other recreational vehicle,with a lot less access to any riding areas.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

hi Cabinewife, if you would like to discuse this or find out more info, please feel free to seek it at

www.matvaassoc.com

that is currently this is only one active site in michigan that is active in any trail issue for the atver. if you seek the legal stuff please use the

http://www.michiganlegislature.org/

you can searh for documents using the premise " orv" , it will give you highlights of every current STATE law. it won't give the individual countys or the town ships, but it will show the law for what they can be, if a township wishes it can pass its own laws for granted passage or the county can, so take heart if you can get something happening, I say "have at it"!

Old 06-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

Ya know what DCNR is a bunch of redneck basterds that have never ridien a atv before in there lives, they think they no everything because there big environmentalists. The can kiss my Irish A$$