Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Dumbest thing I think I've ever heard

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbest thing I think I've ever heard

If it was up to these idiots you would be sitting in a bucket seat with a five point harness and the HANS device strapped to your neck.

FLUCKIN IDIOTS! And somehow they always get voted in

Old 12-16-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hutchies
FLUCKIN IDIOTS! And somehow they always get voted in
Shame is that its rare for someone who doesnt fit that statment to get elected because he would be discredited and considered inexperienced or unable to do the job etc, but then the ones who dont fit the statement are not politicians.

Old 12-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm all about safety but my gosh, you gotta wonder where these guys come up with this tuff.

Old 12-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Here's what some around here think of it:

Roll bars, seatbelts on ATVs are stupid ideas

I would like to know if Senate Transportation Chairman Mike Ross has ever ridden or even sat on an ATV.

Judging from his commentary in the paper, I doubt he has or he would realize how stupid it would be to put roll bars and seatbelts on ATVs.

Any vehicle equipped with a roll bar or roll cage must have a seatbelt or restraint system to keep the operator from becoming entangled in the roll cage in the event of a crash. To operate an ATV properly, the rider must be able to move around on the machine and distribute his body weight where it's needed. A seatbelt would eliminate this movement and cause more riders to crash.

The added weight of a roll bar would make an ATV more top heavy, increasing the chances of a rollover. Would you let someone who has never driven design your car? I wouldn't.

Either get educated on the subject or let someone who is handle things.

Les Lilly II

Coal City

Old 12-23-2003, 03:19 AM
Range Rover

All weight shifting issues aside. All restraint systems aside.

Think about some of the tight trails and crannies we ride our ATV's in. I know that many times if I had a roll bar of any kind, it would catch on a limb or tree trunk, and pitch me sideways into a crash, or completely stop me, throwing me over the handlebars!

How dumb!

Larry, who is safety conscious: 3 years at Vanderbilt's Level I Trauma Unit, 12 years in Fire/Rescue, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner