Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Don't be Bubba Stupid....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004 | 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Don't be Bubba Stupid....

Cheapass, that was a well written piece. Here in California, Glamis and Ocotillo Wells has become a haven for those types. Hopefully some of those types on this forum read your post.

Old 11-16-2004 | 02:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They shouldnt even let the 8 year old girl go home to her family because they're so stupid. These situations are naturally unavoidable, but sure is bad on the rest of us. I would have a hard time taking a 5 mph trail ride in the mountains without a helmet and wont let our daughter go anywhere without one.

Cheapass, that does give me a mental image of going places here in Arkansas and seeing the peopl pull up with the loud nasty wheelers.

Old 01-06-2005 | 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

I recently saw a group simular in size at sand lake being that there was 6 of them and I was with my kids whom are 7 an 8 I decided to not confront them with out the help of others. Its amazing how quickly you can gather up people to walk up with you to take care of buisness. With approx. 15 or so people that just happened to be there we all chatted about the BUBBAS and devised a plan. By the end of the day those guys actually made friends with some of us and hopefully changed there tunes for good. When in rome do as the romans do. As long as you are the romans and not bubba[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005 | 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

It is unfortunate that the lower end of the gene pool is allowed to procreate...

My biggest question would be aimed at the ranger present.... Just what exactly is his presence there if he is unable to enforce any form of comon sense... It seems the loud pipes would have gotten something.. I am sure there is probably a spark arrestor requirement in there somewhere.... Most states have decible limits too. Then there would be the abligatory litterbug laws that could have been enforced... I am not familiar with local laws regarding helmets, and compliance with CPSC guidelines in your state... but it sounds like there may be need for something. If for nothing else than to protect the rest of the riders's interests.

Did the guy who took a beating think to write down the license plates and chage the guy with assault? Taking money from someone's pocket and making them sit behind bars for a few months usually gets their attention...

Old 01-18-2005 | 01:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
Did the guy who took a beating think to write down the license plates and chage the guy with assault? Taking money from someone's pocket and making them sit behind bars for a few months usually gets their attention...
I would think he would contact the news crew for the video of that. That and a good attorney would be all he needed.

Old 01-18-2005 | 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Still doesn't forgive the park ranger for not doing their job..... It is easy to think bad thoughts from the safety of our armchairs, but if they required backup, I believe it wouldn't have taken too much prodding to round up some support from the crowd.

A call to the local sheriff could have brought a quick response as well ... Park Rangers carry weapons too. A bullet in the knee will subdue anyone... Even a bubba stupid person..

Old 01-18-2005 | 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt

A call to the local sheriff could have brought a quick response as well ... Park Rangers carry weapons too. A bullet in the knee will subdue anyone... Even a bubba stupid person..
And then Bubba would have sued and won. The ACLU and every other animal rights activist organization would have hired Johnny Cockrain.