shoulder brace

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005 | 09:06 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default shoulder brace

anyone ever use this? i have a torn muscle in my rotator cuff and it takes a pounding when ever i jump. i need some extra support or else its surgery. has it realy helped? and what was ur injury? thanx for the help

Shoulder Brace

Old 04-11-2005 | 11:44 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default shoulder brace

bump (is there a better place to put this topic?)

Old 04-12-2005 | 12:20 AM
Quad Patrol
Default shoulder brace

I tried your link and it didn't go through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I use the EVS shoulder brace. EVS shoulder brace

I've used it for a few rides now. I've found that it does help keep the shoulder pulled in, and not rotate, as easily. I still hurt at the end of riding for a bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I've had 2 surgeries on my left shoulder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Had my rotator cuff tore in two areas and tore my lebrum muscle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]among other things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't do any jumping. Mostly trails at slow to moderate speed. I also put on a steering dampner to help keep the bars from getting kicked/pulled/ripped from my hands. I try to ride with only one hand on the bars. By having the dampner on, it helps control the bike more this way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In all, the brace didn't take away the pain, it just helped keep it more controllable by limiting my range of motion. Without it or the dampner, I was seriously contemplating giving up riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] With this injury, I've given up enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

All in all, I would say it couldn't hurt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]