The NFL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: MrDumass
Wont they be tied IF the Giants win?
no..... u see..... the giants and cowboys are tied for 1st place because they are both 7-4 and this sunday will be the tie breaker...... aka 8-4 for Giants, lol.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Grizzman42
Wont they be tied IF the Giants win?
no..... u see..... the giants and cowboys are tied for 1st place because they are both 7-4 and this sunday will be the tie breaker...... aka 8-4 for Giants, lol.

Oh, yeah, but you see they are not tied because Dallas won the first go round. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 11:39 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: MrDumass I think the way to beat Indy is to stay with the potent offense points wise, and to have a defense that will put pressure on Manning constantly. There are a few teams in the league that CAN do this.
Phil Simms says your a pretty smart dude! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Best lunch hour ever!
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: MrDumass I think the way to beat Indy is to stay with the potent offense points wise, and to have a defense that will put pressure on Manning constantly. There are a few teams in the league that CAN do this.
Phil Simms says your a pretty smart dude! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL, its one thing to say this is what needs to be done, and another to get it done. Indy will have their hands full when S.D comes to town, as long as they stay healthy. I would say Jacksonville will give them a go, but with a 2nd string QB its going to be questionable. You never know though, some of the great QB's in the past few years have been 2nd stringers.

Got to agree with Simms, the NFC Defense is something to be thinking about in the playoffs. Indy is no slouch on D though, so like I said, its going to take a high powered offense, a tough 4 man front on D, blitz out the ***, and have a great cover down the field. Even then, you have to keep E.J in check on the running game.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:26 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default The NFL Thread

I think when the Chargers play Indy it would be nice if they beat them, but as long as they make the playoffs they will be a problem for the Colts.
What they need to do simply is take the wraps completely off the offence. We know Tomlinson is so devastating on turf, they will really need to focus on him. That will mean that Gates and the receivers will need to be on their game.

Defensively, they need to really trun Shawne Merriman lose and put pressure on Manning. It will be a shoot out, and quite possibly the Chargers are as potent as Indy, so it comes down to defense to win the game, and the one thing that has improved on the Chargers D lately is the secondary.

I hope to see those two in the AFC championship game this year.

TPR

Old 11-30-2005, 01:27 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The NFL Thread

LOL, its one thing to say this is what needs to be done, and another to get it done. Indy will have their hands full when S.D comes to town, as long as they stay healthy. I would say Jacksonville will give them a go, but with a 2nd string QB its going to be questionable. You never know though, some of the great QB's in the past few years have been 2nd stringers.

Got to agree with Simms, the NFC Defense is something to be thinking about in the playoffs. Indy is no slouch on D though, so like I said, its going to take a high powered offense, a tough 4 man front on D, blitz out the ***, and have a great cover down the field. Even then, you have to keep E.J in check on the running game.

I think Indy's D is overrated. The good offenses score points against them.

I think you rush 4-5 and bump their receivers. You have to play them physical. But their line tends to pick up blitzes and you don't want their wr's one-on-one. JMO.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Best lunch hour ever!
Default The NFL Thread

I think Indy's D is overrated. The good offenses score points against them.

I think you rush 4-5 and bump their receivers. You have to play them physical. But their line tends to pick up blitzes and you don't want their wr's one-on-one. JMO.

If you can get enough pressure on Manning with that 4 man front, then you can save some DB's for cover. If not, your going to have to blitz to keep him out of the pocket.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

Cowboys: Hey guys, now that ur the only ones in 1st place, is it lonely at the top?
Giants: HELLZ NO! CAN U SAY 17-10 BIZZNOTCH!?
Cowboys: WAHH, WAHHH, WAHHHH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Giants: Muah ha ha ha ha.....

Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

My money is going to ride on Dallas this weekend.
how much money did u lose there Mr.Dumbass? ur name says it all, lol jp.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

Will anyone beat the Colts?

Quick Reply: The NFL Thread