When the cops get after you...just pull over

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-1999, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well "ATVING" I don't mean to be stuck up about those comments...I am sorry if I offended you...I was all signed up...and yes I passed the tests...I got out last minute...This was for NY state police...not local... I am not the smartest and will not ever say I am....But "fact" , I am 27 years old... I "Do" have a masters degree in computer science with 6 plus years experience programming in the windows environment...So Am I smart? I'm no doctor...I don't know...you do the homework...
I really am not biased to police officers..Most of my family are in law enforcement.... I was not putting you down. I was stating it like it is in the little city I live in.... You have read my prior post...I am all for enjoying the sport of atv'ing. So lets get off the cops back and do some riding.

Old 12-02-1999, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATVing,I enjoy reading your posts.And I can truly tell you are indeed a Police Officer.It also sounds to me like you happen to be very good at your job.If more officers had your attitude,the world would be somewhat safer.Unfortunatly,I live near a very large city in Michigan.Our crime rate is so high that the majority of our local Police are just picking up a pay check.They just dont care.I know many of them on a personal basis.I often said,if I had to do my career over again,I'd be a Police Officer.But im not so sure it would be in my city though.In Mi where im from,there is alot of Police corrution going on.Once,[about 15 yrs ago]myself and buddie Dan was pulled over by the State Police for weaving[we were drunk]and once they found out Dan was a city cop,they did,nt bother us ANY further.I can tell you so many TRUE stories of incidents like these,but it really does nobody any good.In law enforcement,there is a thing called ''A CODE OF SILENCE'' that's where cops dont rat out cops.Dan explained to me thats what happened when we were pulled over.Is it right?Nope.But in larger city's,the corruption is everywhere.I dont know if this happens in your city.I hope not.Generally,I dont care for the cops in my city,and this is coming from the mouth of a 42yr old that has NO record what so ever.Do I think this way of all cops?Absolutly not.I also know some cops like yourself that lay their life on the line everyday and are very decent people.It truly is an honor to know there are still good cops out their like you.Keep up the honorable work. BILL

------------------

Old 12-02-1999, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

I have something to say,why can't the cops use their own discretion.Like,one time me and my friend were out riding in a wash nearby my house,weren't double riding,wearing a helmet and everything,well there's a cop that lives on my street and she told me I can ride as long as I stay off the streets.Well,about a week later,I was out doing the same thing and I was stopped by a cop who said the same thing,he was just called out there by a neighbor who just had nothing else better to do(just playing).

Later on,these two cops came by and stopped me,shut it off for me and everything.He told me that I was to ride on a dust-proof lot,what's a dust proof lot you say?A parking lot,a driveway,somewhere illegal for an atv to be,I asked if that meant we weren't allowed to ride at all,sure enough,he said yes.I asked,"why don't you go out to that riding area down the road from here,you'll have a lot fun out there."It is true,you have to be riding on a dust-proof lot!The thing that get's me,why can't they use their own discretion,don't tell me that the only thing they have to do in a big city like Phoenix full of criminals,is to chase some kid on a three-wheeler.Why don't they go chase some kidnapper or child malester or some real criminal.

Old 12-02-1999, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

WOW!atving,your just God's gift to the police force aren't you,God bless ya

Old 12-03-1999, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just thought I would mention a few things.

First of all if you run from the cops,nine times out of ten your doing something or have done something earlier(Drinking,a warrant on you,etc)other than just riding your atv on the road! Second of all, most mature atv riders will generally pull over.

One good question is what would you do if your were riding with your friends and a cop comes out from nowhere and tries to stop you and your friends and your friends run but you don't wan't to?

What do you dooooo?

(99 Honda Recon)

Old 12-03-1999, 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry,
I stand by my original post and subsequent posts thereafter. ATVing laughs at those he writes tickets to. Funny stuff indeed. Not to mention the fact that he advocates honesty as a way of getting a warning, yet writes some poor guy up for a missing headlight. Yes it was the law, but then so is the obstruction of justice I was talking about earlier, it just depends on how **** the cop is..

RoostKing...

p.s. I did this once. As a 17 year old kid I was drag racing my 68 Coronet 440 and saw that I was getting pulled over. I told the cop that I thought the guy was chasing me and got out of the ticket. Duh..

Old 12-03-1999, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

RoostKing...

p.s. I did this once. As a 17 year old kid I was drag racing my 68 Coronet 440 and saw that I was getting pulled over. I told the cop that I thought the guy was chasing me and got out of the ticket. Duh..

This was a post by Roostking right after he had posted a former one telling everyone how the should not exaggerate the truth does the word hypocrit mean anything to you...and I guess you think the cop believed that story you gave him did you ever think he was just giving you a break...maybe it is starting to show from your story where you have an attitude for cops. So let me get this straight you lied which was an obstruction of justice to get out of a ticket doing something very dangerous as drag racing where you could have been killed or some whole innocent family killed but you don't condone someone stretching the truth when they are riding along side a highway to tell an officer that you needed to come out for gas...and you say I am sick for laughing man do you need to do a reality check. Also if you would have read my post closer you would have seen that the reason the guy got the ticket was because of his ATTITUDE he had one of those lines like "you mean the only reason you pulled me over was for a headlight out". We had originally pulled him over to give him a warning but he wrote his own ticket. Yes and I know what you are thinking bet if it was a blonde babe with a short red dress on with blue eyes and smiling from ear to ear would she have gotten a ticket...well if she would have had an attitude she would have. And yes cops do a lot of things that are pretty strange like laughing about tickets its all part of the job, it is a way a cop handles stress this may sound a little sick to you but its not uncommon for cops when they are by themselves and I do stress by themselves at a murder or something similar to make jokes or laugh about the situation its the way we handle stress kinda like laughing to keep from crying, if you don't believe this ask your local law enforcement. I must say me or any of my friends have never found anything funny when we go to a scene where a child has been molested, murdered or hurt that is why I love writing those tickets for no seat belts on kids...In ending roost do what works best for you and realize that a cop is human why heck you may even become friends with me I love to talk about the old muscle cars especially the mopars have a 34 coupe in the garage getting ready to hot rod it. And for the other post I would suggest you talk to your friends about running from the law or get new friends have you heard the old saying if you run with the wolves you howl with them...geesh I wish my mom wouldn't have told me that so much and then sometimes I am glad she did...later fellows...be careful on the trails...

Artic Cat 500...call 911 and make a cop come...and give you some help

------------------

Old 12-03-1999, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

AIIGHT, LETS AY IM RIDING MY 4 wheeler across a big sand field and a cop, either on a atv or in a car turns his lights on. i stop and what exactly will he say to me? and also what exactly should i say to him/her?

Old 12-03-1999, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

You dolts! You fools! Don't you realize what you have done?

ATVing has suckered you! He baited you with this topic, and the fools are biting. Haven't you figured it out, yet? No? Well, he's a cop. What do you think he is doing with all the information you are giving him? What information, you ask? For those of you who answered Darby Crash's "Who are you?" thread, you've given him plenty! Then, there is your profile, and for the rest of you, have you noticed that you entered your "IP Number" when you logged in? Some of you have even answered his thread about ICQ numbers!

Idiots, now he has information for his brother's in blue. He probably even e-mails copies of your smart-mouth messages to them, so they can use them in court. Let's see, how is a Judge going to react to such bits of wisdom as:

"Im pretty d*mn pissed off since my local trails have been invadad by cops. I can't ride there anymore. This leaves me no choice but to jack around and join my alcoholic pot-head friends, YEAH, good move pig."

"It is very unfortunate that some police officers are in uniform to prove that they large testes! Sorta makes ya want to go to an appropriate store and buy them some!"

"Forget that, screw off, after doing that sh*t, you shouldn't have a problem with me running over your *ss. I wouldn't have a problem with it. We've taken over enough of their home, don't go kill them in all they have left. I'd love to see the man who's commited multiple murders to animals bounce right off the front of my freakin ATV."

"I hate the cops where I live."

"Having seen a crown vic's front bumper up closs at 40 mph. I have to say I'm getting tired of running.I've never been caught but,What the hell are you chasing me for????"

"If Im on the quad,IT'S BYE BYE----"

"h#ll no i ended up getting over 400 dollers in fines over that bull **** but i faught it and won :-) ended up having to pay 50 dollors now tell me all you pigs (cops) was it really worth the freaking time to chase me ask your self that next time you see a quad flying down the road...my father pulled a few strings at the courthouse..."

Do you think the Judge, the DA, or the law officer is going to think your remarks were witty? I don't think so!

Why do you think ATVing is continuing this thread? Do you think he is an idiot? Do you think he enjoys comments like that? Or, how does it go... "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Keep it going!

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 12-03-1999).]

Old 12-03-1999, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

Pleasure, First I'd ask him/her what they are doing in the middle of a sand field with no lights on.

Kclayd, Thats kind of extreme. But i guess it could work, there sure is alot of incriminating evidence in here i guess. Buts Thats kind of a Conspiracy Theory.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf

Quick Reply: When the cops get after you...just pull over