When the cops get after you...just pull over

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-1999, 09:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know i deserved it but still there is people getting killed and rapped out there and cops are wasting there time on four wheelers going slow down the road thats what he warned me for but i only have about 1/4 of a mile to the feild i ride in and i dont think it is that big of a thing to ride down a road

exlax250x

Old 11-27-1999, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well fellows need I say more hopefully your dad will see in the future that he is not inspiring any respect for you to earn by paying you out or politically getting you out. Hope he is there for you later in life when you have no respect for other things when you get into trouble. I see why you go by exlax now, and just for the record cops are a public servant people who call you telling you some punk is bugging the h#ll out of them riding up and down by their house recklessly has to be checked out.

Artic Cat 500...nuff said

------------------

Old 11-28-1999, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

"Bad Boys, Bad Boys, watchya gonna do when they come for you?"...... lol

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf

Old 11-29-1999, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

exlax---what you need is a good bare-BOTTOMED spanking! I can't believe nobody has suggested that yet. Go see your dad and show him what a bad boy you are and what horrible values you have. 15 years old....geez...

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 11-29-1999).]

Old 11-29-1999, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ex-Lax, your username suggests a scatological fixation; not the first seen on the Forum.

While your chronological age is 15, I'm not sure about your mental age.

From your post, the officer warned you FOUR TIMES about your behavior, THEN wrote you a ticket, and you now scream, discrimination! Oppression!

As Charley Brown once said, "Why's Everybody Always Pickin' On Me?" ('50's song).

What, exactly, did you EXPECT the officer to do? I realize I ask as considerable mind-stretch and extension of your imagination, but: Try putting yourself in the officer's place; reverse your roles. What would YOU have done? Answer honestly, now.

I hope you can take the chip from your shoulder long enough to learn from this experience, because: while this news may surprise you, your father has limited powers. You may get into trouble beyond his ability to "fix" or buy you out of it.

Tree Farmer

Old 11-29-1999, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Tree, Did you get "Word of the Day" toilet paper or something?? lol

I dont even know what half of the words in your posts mean anymore. hahaha. But keep it up, your making us look smart by using big words like that

Keep it up Mr. Farmer. lmao

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf

Old 11-30-1999, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Ironic!

How easily we criticize others for our own faults!

At least one writer harshly criticized young "Ex Lax" for not accepting responsibility for his actions. Yet, that writer, whom I will not name, complained bitterly in another thread about responsibility. For him, the legal system had gone amuck. Lawyers were taking heavy tolls on innocent companies and industries! He even cited as an example of frivolous litigation a 1989 consent decree which ATV manufacturers had entered. They were protecting their interests from money hungry lawyers, it was argued.

Now, he condemns young "Ex Lax" for avoiding legal responsibility for his actions.

Well, I want you to examine the writer's argument, which you can find under the thread "Where's the Brain?" The consent decree he mentioned was not brought by money-hungry lawyers. It was brought by the Federal Government on behalf of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Its goal was not a monetary reward. The suit was brought to protect children from deaths and injuries resulting from ATV accidents. The Government was concerned because over 400 children under the age of 16 were killed in ATV accidents, and another 90,000 had been injured during a 4 year period. If you look at the thread "Where's the Brain," you will see that ATV injuries to children are still a problem which has yet to be solved (5 year old child in coma). Groups such as the "American Academy of Pediatrics" were so concerned that they wanted to join the lawsuit (the court did not allow their intervention). The consent decree which the writer complained about did not impose any monetary judgment against ATV manufacturers. None. Instead, it required them not to sell adult ATVs for children's use. Details of the consent decree may be found at:

http://consumerlawpage.com/article/atv.shtml

The consent decree also required manufacturers to put decals on ATVs which state that children should not operate them, and that doubling was prohibited.

How the writer could use that as an example of a legal system gone wrong is more an example of ignorance than anything else. How he could argue that money-hungry lawyers had dreamed up the suit to enrich themselves is fiction, plain and simple.

Yet, that same person has appeared here to condemn young "Ex Lax" for complaining about the application of the law to him. Apparently, he believes that the law should only be applied to others, such as young "Ex Lax," but not to him or his interests.

This same writer has also complained that other members on this board are "hypocrites!"
He may wish to re-examine his own positions before repeating such an accusation.

If we are to set a proper example for youngsters like "Ex Lax," then we do it best by our actions, rather than our words.

Good riding!

kclayd

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 12-05-1999).]

Old 11-30-1999, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ATVIng,
So instead of running, youd have us lie to the cops? Out of gas, Lost???? That thinking boggles me, since you are a cop? Or is it a trap?? Would lying not be obstruction of justice? If a cop wanted to be a hard ****, could he not say, "Well son let me see your tank" If it has gas and you lied, that seems like obstruction to me...Hmmm, sometimes not answering questions is the best choice...

RoostKing...

Old 12-01-1999, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

Sometimes roost being a smart a$$ is a worst choice and where did you come up with all that hog wash about exagerating the truth was an obstruction of justice...give me a break...what I was simply saying that having an excuse when doing something minor wrong allows a police officer to stretch the law because he don't want to be a *****...I guess you have always told the truth when being pulled over in your life and actually said hell yea I was flying because it gives me a rush and I just like driving fast if you have you are in the 2% range of people in the USA...No I am not telling you to lie but different situations pertain to different things I have pulled people over that told me they were speeding cause they were late, didn't realize they were going that fast etc. and treated the situation according to their manner and previous driving record. I always love the one about I had bigger or smaller tires put on my car and the speedometer is off hehehe...All I am saying people are human and so are police officers thats why I never forget this when issueing citations...

Artic Cat 500...No I am not perfect but who said you have to be

------------------

Old 12-01-1999, 09:54 AM
Range Rover

Beleive it or not, it is always better to tell the truth. This may be better posted under the "dumb things" thread but applies to the last two posts. I blew through an intersection at about 90mph on my 750F after downshifting twice to beat a yellow light. The light changed to red about 100ft before I got to the intersection. Guess what? I cop was right there, saw the whole thing and immediately came after me. By the time I saw his lights, I was about 6 blocks ahead, pulled off onto a side street, put the bike on the centerstand, took off my helmet and was pulling out my DL and registration just as the cop came around the corner in an almost 4 wheel drift because he thought I was running. He parked, came up and asked me "Do you know why I'm pulling you over"? I know I couldn't lie so I told him that I tried to beat the yellow light, downshifted twice and ran a red at 90 mph. He went back to his car with my DL and registration for about ten minutes all the while I'm thinking how many points are going against my license. He came back with a warning ticket and sternly told me to be more careful. I thanked him.
I've talked my way out of three sure traffic tickets by being honest about my mistake or poor judgment and being courteous to the officer. It does pay to tell the truth and admit when you use poor judgment.

Quick Reply: When the cops get after you...just pull over