When the cops get after you...just pull over

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-1999, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the point we are trying to make seems you have superman syndrom, hope it last. If you don't like the post get the heck out of here, these post are left for people who want to learn from there mistakes apparently you know it all bet you are the ripe old age of 16 how much did I miss it by. Also the person who made the Kermit post where do you live, in Mingo County??? Did you also hear about the youth from pigeon creek who turned one over on him killing him...gee fellows I know you all think I am just a ***** but when I look back at some of the stuff I did when I owned sports cars and road bikes I don't know how I am still alive...maybe if the officer the State Police would have got the kid pulled over maybe this wouldn't have happened better yet he may have talked to him and gave him a break, just maybe making the youth realize he needed to slow down...what can I say...I am lost for words when I here of any inncodent like this happening...even though I knew of this one it happened in my County where I am a cop...I hope you all never have to go to an incident like this...it stays with you a long time...well I am rambling be careful out there guys save the maniac riding for the trails...later

Artic Cat 500...Wish there were some kind of answer

------------------

Old 12-06-1999, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

I say too bad for the kid---

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 12-06-1999).]

Old 12-06-1999, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Bob,

It is easy to blame parents. But, peer pressure is pretty big with teens. It may have been his "buds" who pumped him up to run from the cops. Anyone with a teenager knows they often don't listen to their parents.

However, your point is well taken. I assume it was the parents who bought this kid an ATV and allowed him to ride it. 15 year olds are not supposed to be riding adult ATVs. Parents are not supposed to allow their children to ride adult ATVs. ATV dealers are not supposed to sell ATVs to persons who they know will allow children to use them. I am sorry for the boy's parents. You know they are blaming themselves, as well as grieving the loss of a child. For all we know, other than this one tragic, stupid incident the kid was a wonderful person who loved his parents and friends. He may have been running from the Trooper because he knew his folks would tan his hide if they found out he was speeding on his quad. It is sad, no matter how you look at it.

RidE, when you grow up, you may have enough reading skills to read more than one or two sentences, maybe even a whole book! That is, IF you grow up.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 12-06-1999).]

Old 12-06-1999, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

For you guys who call traffic officers "PIGS," or worse:

Where were you when your "PIG" was called to the scene of a bloody highway accident? I guess you would have handled it better than him, huh? What would you do at the sight of dead and dying children? How about dismembered body parts and twisted, broken, mangled bodies? Have you ever seen a crying child trying to find his severed fingers, his dead Mother? Have you ever seen a face which has been smashed into safety glass? Have you ever administered CPR to a dead person praying to God that your breath would revive him, that his heart would start beating again? Well, those are the sorts of things which your "PIGS" have done.

How about you? Or, is name-calling your thing?

Old 12-06-1999, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is thanks kclayd you summed this up pretty well glad to see everybody doesn't think that officers are payed to eat donuts and flirt with women. Sometimes they are easy times in my shift but the times when I have to bear the stuff you described makes up for all those times it is a pretty easy shift. I couldn't believe what I saw on TV the other day on Extra they took a pole on should police dogs be sacrificed for a police officers life well it came back 47% said yes and 53% said no so I guess that shows you what the public thinks of a cop...hehehe. Wonder if they still would vote that way if it concerned them or a family member...don't get me wrong I don't want to see any animal killed needlessly have 2 dogs myself but given the dog or the police officer well guess you know how I would vote...oh well wonder if I could get those 53% name and address...just joking and thanks again kclayd for the support and for anybody interested this person is no friend of mine before I logged on to this forum but I must say he is a friend now.

Artic Cat 500...when you want to have fun

Old 12-06-1999, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

hay atving what is the best way to talk your self out of a ticket?

Old 12-06-1999, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sportsman400,though Im not personally a cop,I do know many on a personal basis.There are a few ways in which to escape a ticket.Alot has to do with the severity of the crime you just comitted and your attitude toward the cop.Myself,never, ever, being in trouble with the law helps when the cop goes back to the cruiser to run your plates,and DL.If you know your clean like me,tell the officer in a very nice polite voice that you are sincerly sorry for whatever he pulled you over for,[speeding,running a traffic light,headlight out,ect] BEFORE he runs your plates and DL.Tell him that your insurance is flawless and you'd love to keep it that way.Assure him that you'll make sure you wont do this offense again.Make sure you do this BEFORE he goes back to the cruiser and runs your DL and plates.Reason you ask?So many cops will bring the ticket with them upon bringing back your drivers license,than it's TOOOOO late.

------------------

Old 12-06-1999, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Smart Bill!

Now we know why you have a clean record

Old 12-09-1999, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clay,that's not the ONLY reason I have a clean record,but im not at liberty to give away ALL my secrets just yet.Maybe some day I'll write a book on it=======LOL----LOL yours truly, Bill

------------------