When the cops get after you...just pull over

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-1999, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You caught me Jeremy! No, I don't think poor ol' ATVing is really part of some
"sting." But, you have to admit, it coooooould be! I just got tired of the same old cry-baby complaints, one after the other.

What is ATVing supposed to say anyway? That's its okay to elude blue light and siren? Is he supposed to say its okay for children to ride adult quads? How many of those who are complaining in this thread are under the age of 16? Are they supposed to be our spokesmen? It doesn't take a college grad to read the decals which come on the things! No riding under age 16. There is a reason for that. Look at my previous post about the "consent decree."

Does it take Albert Einstein to realize that when a police officer hits his blue light, a citizen has a legal duty to stop? I guess its okay to disobey those laws you don't like! Look at Bill Clinton! It works for him! Look at Congress. They exempt themselves from their own laws! I guess our next generation of leadership is going to be as shallow as the ones we have now, only more so.

Old 12-04-1999, 01:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ATVing,
Man you just dont get it. I never said that I could not stretch the truth when dealing with cops, nor have I advocated it. YOU on the other hand are a cop and YOU have advocated lying to cops. Do you understand? YOU ARE THE COP TELLING FELLOW ATVERS TO LIE TO COPS (but its just a little white lie, gimme a break). Has this sunk in at all? At least you can recognize obstruction of justice, finally..
Yea, I did drag race at 17 on the streets, was it smart, no. Do I continue to race on the streets, no.

How much strees do you really have writing a ticket for a headlight. Sure the initial contact may be stressful, but after you appraise the situation Im sure its just a matter of routine. SO I still think that most cops have a complex for controlling people and exerting that control can be quite funny at times. ( I better stop here..)

have a great weekend,

RoostKing..

Old 12-04-1999, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

I am amazed at the lack of intelligence some people are showing on this post. You know who you are, so i'm not pointin anyone out. The ones who are always bein harrased by the cops, and are NEVER doing anything wrong. Besides the fact we rode a wheelie past city hall, and did a doughnut in front of a cop car. I cant beleive They WONT LEAVE ME ALONE!

You can pretty much tell who the mature ones are in a post like this. Once again i wont name names, but if you've read any amount of this post you can decide for yourself.

If your not doing anything wrong, then why not pull over?? The ones that run are usually doin somethin illegal in the first place, and are to scared to face the consenqunces.

Thats my opinion, and i'm stickin to it.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf

Old 12-04-1999, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

hey KCLAYD.... YOUVE BEEN WATCHING TOO MUCH DAMN T.V.

Old 12-04-1999, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Plea$sure, that one show. You know, the one you were on. What's it called? Oh, yeah, "COPS." Have you got the bend'em and spread'em part down, yet?

Old 12-04-1999, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

hehehe.... good one KC

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf

Old 12-05-1999, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

Todays Paper Kermit West Virginia

KERMIT(AP)-- A Mingo County teen was killed Friday when he was thrown from his all-terrain vehicle.
Anthony Waller, of Kermit, was not wearing a helmet, said State Police spokesman Scott Mayo.
The crash happened on Jennings Creek Road near Kermit about 1p.m.
Waller, 15, was traveling at a high rate of speed--about 60 mph, Mayo said.
Senior State Trooper M.E. Muncy said he saw Waller driving the ATV too fast, so he turned his cruiser around and put on his siren and blue light, Mayo said.
"It wasn't a pursuit. He wasn't chasing the kid," Mayo said. "He was just going to tell him to slow down."
Muncy went about a half-mile before the four wheeler passed him again--heading in the opposite direction.
The trooper turned his vehicle around again, drove down the road and saw a group of people standing in a yard. They told him the wehicle crashed over the hill.
Muncy requested emergency services and ran over the hill, where he found Waller lying a short distance from the four-wheeler.
Waller was pronounced dead at the scene.

Comments?

[This message has been edited by Sneekypete (edited 12-05-1999).]

Old 12-05-1999, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

That is tragic, SneekyPete. However, accidents and even deaths by children under the age of 16 on adult ATVs is not rare. Our ATV manufacturers entered into a consent decree with the federal government 10 years ago because 400 children had been killed and 90,000 seriously injured on adult ATVs. All that occurred in a brief, 4 year period. You can read more about that in an earlier message I posted in this thread.

It is also another reason that adult members on this forum need to set examples to our younger brothers. The teens and younger riders are going to follow the examples of the more experienced ATVers. As we all know, irresponsibility is not limited to teens. I reported a similar, recent newstory about a young corporate executive who killed himself on an ATV after drinking. You can find that one in the 11/08 thread entitled "Alcohol/Drugs."

It's fun to vent. Maybe, its even helpful. But, children on ATvs is an issue which is a sore spot for our sport.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 12-05-1999).]

Old 12-05-1999, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That really is bad. What a tough postion for a police officer when dealing with something like this. Even if the cop had not turned around, Im sure the kid thought he was going to the busted, so he starting running. Again, where were the parents of this boy?

RoostKing...

Old 12-06-1999, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, you guys actually read his mile long post? That's nuts. I'm sick of this (expletive deleted).

Note from moderator: Sick of what? The choice exercised by readers to read or to skip posts?

atvbbs

[This message has been edited by RidE (edited 12-05-1999).]

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 12-06-1999).]

Quick Reply: When the cops get after you...just pull over