Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock

I recently got a chance to try out Helmet Lock LLC's moniker product, the Helmet Lock. I installed it on my present ride, a Can-Am Outlander Max Ltd. The manufacturer shows many ideas for mounting the lock's special washer and I chose my quad's grab bar on the back for an easy to reach, I don't have to bend down, mount. The hardest part about the install is finding a recessed head bolt like a hex head or torx bolt. Rummaging around I found a torx bolt that filled the bill. After drilling the hole it was a one minute job to tighten up the bolt and leave a clean washer mount. It's hardly noticeable without the actual lock installed. The locking mechanism goes on next. You turn the key in the lock until you can slide the lock over the flanged washer mount. Once that's in place, turn the key until you can view an open slot where there is an opening on the side of the plastic covering the lock. You slide the L-shaped metal tab through your helmet straps or the face if you have an MX style helmet. Then, pass the L through the washer on the other end of the cable and into the lock. Once in the lock turn the key to the point where you can pull the key out and your helmet is secure. I've only had the lock on a short ride. My opinion is that it is very solid and will last years. More cables are available from the manufacturer at: https://helmetlockllc.com/ Cables come in 12", 18", 3', 6' and 12' lengths so you can lock pretty much anything you can put the cable through. Another thought I had after a short ride where dust was kicking up is that I would leave the locking mechanism off of the flanged washer until ready to use it. It doesn't take much to foul a lock if its full of grime.

Attached Thumbnails Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock-20180731_134000.jpg   Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock-20180731_134737.jpg   Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock-20180731_135042.jpg   Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock-20180731_135510.jpg  
Old 08-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I just got notice that the manufacturer is giving 40% off their website price limited time offer for ATVConnection.com members. Use coupon code HLK6 on HelmetLockLLC.com.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could find a good way to securely carry my helmet when I get tired of wearing it.

It wont fit in my trunk.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see the point honestly. Seems like it gives a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
I don't see the point honestly. Seems like it gives a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
That's because you don't live in CA.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nobody would want to steal my helmet anyway

Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Specta
I wish I could find a good way to securely carry my helmet when I get tired of wearing it.

It wont fit in my trunk.
Go to So. America and find an indigenous tribe that still does head shrinking?

Old 08-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by greg74
I've had my expensive closed face, heated shield, helmet on many rides in the winter. I've often worried about it when we stop along the trail and go into a restaurant. Never really did anything about it but this isn't a bad, peace-of-mind, solution in my mind.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Go to So. America and find an indigenous tribe that still does head shrinking?
Are you trying to tell my I have a big head??

Old 08-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I've had my expensive closed face, heated shield, helmet on many rides in the winter. I've often worried about it when we stop along the trail and go into a restaurant. Never really did anything about it but this isn't a bad, peace-of-mind, solution in my mind.
A short chain and a lock would do the same thing for less than $20. This helmet lock llc thing seems overly complicated(and overpriced) for no reason.

Quick Reply: Helmet Lock LLC's easy to use Helmet Lock