Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Katie bar the door, Polaris wins TWO shootouts in one issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katie bar the door, Polaris wins TWO shootouts in one issue!!!

Lets not make it a p!ssing contest. I hardly consider atv action to be a credable source, there is no way to know which is the badder beast. I like 'em both and the only way we will ever know who's is the prefered quad is to do the testing our selves. I really wish they wouldn't print that stuff, its very controdicting to the younger kids who want to learn something.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

KEVINM - That is exactly why I don't go by the mags. What is that all about, don't they look at their mags before putting out the next issue? Wow, that is definately the best show of how mags get 'paid' to say this is better than that! I don't care about that stuff, that's why my advice to anyone asking 'should I get the Z, Predator, Raptor, DS and so on' , get your bum on the bikes and tell yourself what to get!

Old 06-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, I consider neither of the "Hi Torque" rags to be credible. That's why I'm letting my subscription lapse on both. I'd rather get accurate news from ATV Sport six times a year, than garbage 24 times a year with both Hi-Torque rags.

No, what I was refering to was the fact that they let Polaris win two shootouts. Not that the Predator and Scrambler 500 are bad machines, they are best in their respective classes, but the fact that a Hi-Torque rag in question confirmed it.

We've all seen how they (Hi Torque) rigs the tests to make their favorite brand/machine win. They've done it so many times in the past the've lost all creditablity they have with a lot of people, myself included.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

If you read into the article, it sounds like the V-force wasn't running as good as it should have, maybe it wasn't tuned right. It sounds like the tranny was lagging and the breaks weren't stoping it like it should. If it wasn't for those two problems, and the fact it weights a ton, it probably would have done better. We all know that once you pipe and clutch it, few will be able to touch it in a straight line. Most of us polaris guys know how much you can get from a clutch kit on all out acceleration.

But, I agree that it is hard to call it a high-performance sport quad. It's hard to carry that much weight into a corner and pull out and keep your speed up

I would put it in the sport class with the likes of the scramblers, warriors, wolverines, etc. Their most suited for cross-country when suited up

Old 06-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Kevin, that's a riot! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Katie bar the door, Polaris wins TWO shootouts in one issue!!! "

LMAO!! That was CLASSIC!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Bigger.