Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pred frame cracked right through.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pred frame cracked right through.

Back again.

Dealer has told me as soon as polaris saw the photo they had no hesitation in sending a new frame down under.

To pudl & mods r us-Ken, I'm glad your confidence & faith in Polaris hasn't been dented.

Thanks to everyone who sent all the mail.

Geoff.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I'm glad to hear they did what's right! I had little doubt that they wouldn't. So did they replace it under warranty, or did they replace it as a flaw? Or aren't you sure???

Old 06-24-2003, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

And who's worried about the Predator being a first year quad. Go buy one, ride it hard....with confidence, and start grinnin' with the rest of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

And who's worried about the Predator being a first year quad.
ME! To me a broken frame is nothing to ignore. My guess is they are sending him another frame that could break. I would feel better if I knew that they have fixed the problem. In my opinion the Predator is the best Sport Quad on the market, I was getting ready to buy one until I heard this, now I am waiting a little longer to see how it works out. I am very disappointed to say the least.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

scramblerX,

whats the problem??? The guy uses the pred. in racing situations and cracks the frame. Polaris looks at the pics of the frame and promptly sends a new frame to replace the cracked one. Looks like as usual Polaris is doing whats right and in this case they are going above and beyond whats right.

Old 06-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

The problem is there is obviously a flaw in the design. A quad that is supposed to be a "race quad" can't be raced? To me, thats a big problem. If it was only one, I would think its a fluke, but several........thats a problem. I had plans to go down to Tennesee and pick one up on my vacation, about a grand cheaper there. Now I don't know what to do. I realize it could be just a bad batch of frames, I hope thats all it is.

Old 06-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

lol X, cant read can u? he said "I ride and race m/x. Average air time, I've tipped it onto its side twice. I only bottom out every now and again.", any frame will give up after a while. the aftermarket frames, are a little tougher than a stock frame i would think. but everything wears down after use. pro MX racers literally get a whole new bike every 4 or so races, cus of the abuse it takes.

Old 06-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

What does my interpretation of the Predator frame problem have to do with my reading abilities?
Do you think Polaris would send him a frame if they thought is was because he abused it? No, I don't think they would have. They are sending him a frame because it was defective.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Easy now...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I understand your concern. I witnessed the factory test riders jumping an est, 4-5 foot jump at the dealer show, over, and over, and over. If you're gonna ride mx, one of the first things you should do ( besides going through the entire machine and torqing fasteners) would be to strengthen things up in the frame department. If you're gonna race, you're gonna break. Polaris has stood behind this machine on even the minor problems, and now appears to be readily standing behind the abuse inflicted by racing. What more do you want? Even custom frames and performance components break, that's what you get for pushing the limits. It's like people worrying about scratching their ATV plastic....good grief, ride, accept the wear, but also do your best to maintain the machine that brings you sooooo much fun!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] SOAPBOX!! hehehe