Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Upgrades for '00 Trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2000, 01:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother owns a '00 Trailblazer and is looking to upgrade it. We know the two best upgrades for a Polaris are a clutch kit and a pipe, and they need to be used in conjunction to work well. What are the best combinations of these two?
Also what tires and wheels do you guys think will work the best on this quad. He was considering the new holeshots xct's on ITP .190 polished aluminum wheels being that he does agressive trail riding and alot of jumping.
One last thing, he is also looking to rebuild his stock shocks, but we are having trouble locating someone who rebuilds Polaris shocks. Any info on these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Chris '87 trx250r...fast, just fast
'00 Blaster...not even close

Old 05-25-2000, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

I went with the RCR kit on my 2000 it runs alot better now, Give Rick Ritter a call it is worth the money.

Old 05-25-2000, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

My best advise is not to do it. We modified my wife's, and it lost ALL of its low end. The off-idle throttle response was terrible. With the clutch kit, you will have to wait until about 4000rpm before the clutch engages (hopefully you do not want to do any slow speed rock crawling). If you do get a pipe and clutch kit, STAY AWAY FROM HOT SEAT PERFORMANCE. We simply replaced my wife's Trailblazer with a Scrambler 400 2x4...much better bike, and we only paid $1700 more for it than what we paid for the Trailblazer (5100 out the door, versus 3400).

Old 05-25-2000, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

You can tailor your clutch kit to fit your own exact needs. You can pick your spring, helix, and fly weights to go with your style of riding. Someone obviously sold you something you didn't need. Rick Ritter has a great reputation for his knowledge on Polaris clutches and pipes. He made my Sport into a monster.

Old 05-26-2000, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Who can say what the best pipe/clutch kit combo is!
Alot of people say RCR is good. I have the HPD pipe and Hotseat clutch kit. I think its good!
What we need here is a comparison of different brands. But who will do such a test on Polaris ATV's, ATV MAGS?????? NOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What we have here is some guy in KANSAS with an RCR kit on his and he says IT FEELS FASTER. Then we have some guy in MAINE with a HPD pipe on his and he can WHEELIE ALOT EASIER AND HIS TOP SPEED FEELS FASTER.
We need some good honest people who have the time to measure off say 300 ft and do some good old fashioned TIMED TRIALS and the post the results.
VERY SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2000, 01:20 AM
Range Rover

Alright you guys have convinced my brother to go with RCR for pipe and clutch kit, but what about rebuilding the shocks and/or the best tires to use? Need some more help with that. Thanks again

Chris '87trx 250r...fast, just fast
'00 Blaster...not even close

P.S. Hey talonhawk take it easy. I was just asking for some opinions on what they thought of different pipes and clutch. You didnt help me at all.

Old 05-27-2000, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

mx87trx,

You can't rebuild the stock shocks. You can, however, get struts from Works and Fox. They'll run you about $260 for the set. That doesn't include the rear shock. Fox used to offer remote reservoir adjustable struts and shocks, but don't any more due to unknown reasons.

Old 05-27-2000, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

OKAY, so I didn't help you much so how about this.
In my opinion RCR has a better PACKAGE DEAL with his pipe. I don't think his pipe is better than HPD. I would rate them about equal based on my experience with my HPD and my brothers RCR.
Rick Ritter is a great guy to deal with but HPD seems to always be developing mods for Polaris quads.

Old 05-30-2000, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

The RCR kit is awesome!

After i put my kit on my Trailblazer really took off.

Wheelies became easy(just rev it up and then nail it hard). Sometimes too easy..I brought it totally over once.

I think i gained a MPH or 2 on top. Seemed that way. The screaming take offs might of made it seem faster.(i don't have any place were i can time it or anyone to help me. I ride alone a lot and when i ride with people its on trails!)

You can see pictures if you like at the site in my signature. And some specs.

As for holeshots, Unless he plans on racing they suck for everything else.

Don't even think about getting in mud with them and getting out. I got my Trailblazer stuck a few times with them!

I love my Maxxis Sur-Trak Rears i have on my blaster. You almost get too much traction!

Old 05-30-2000, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have been curious about this low end kit for some time. I do a lot of mountain riding as well as some jumping. My '00 trailblazer will go almost anywhere, just seems to need more power. I am most interested in the low end pull and not really speed. How does the clutch feel with this kit? Does it hit all at once at higher rpm, or can I still put over tight trails?