Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OMG! the worst has happened....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG! the worst has happened....

Woke up this morning ready to jump out and go hog hunting - well, it's 34* and slow heavy rain, drove to the bottom meadow that I hunt..... it's about 8" under water - too cold and wet for me (I guess I'm getting old [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])

Got back home and jumped on the 'puter to see what the weather is supposed to do...... Plans #2 for the day is shot to pieces - supposed to be like this all day. I finally got the 98 SP500 (1/2 HO at this point) put together last night, was planning on trying it out against a buddy's 99 SP500 & 01 SP500 HO to see if there is a difference before putting the HO carb on my SP (excuse me - my wife's SP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) - I also got the '95 Scrammy back together (have clutches off a TB on it for now, just to see how it does) and was going to play with it today also.........

I remember a time, not too long ago, that it did not matter what kind of precipitation was falling, nor what the temperature was - if there was a chance to ride - I was there..... I remember many times of having to take a lighter to the throttle cable to unfreeze the cable when it stuck ....... or having to stop and grab the exhaust pipe to bring feeling back to the fingers before continuing riding...... the times that my wife would make me strip at the back door because she didn't want the wet/muddy clothes tracked through the house......

I've still got 25 years 'till Social Security, but I guess I just woke up OLD this morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .... Looks like I'm spending my day sitting by the fire, watching TV, and being comfy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

Quad,

I KNOW what you're saying, I've decide there is nothing wrong with being comfy......

02 Scrambler 400 4x4 Blue Edition
04 Trail Blazer 250 Red Edition
03 Trail Blazer 400
03 Trail Blazer 250 Blue Edition
03 Trail Blazer 250
95 Explorer 400 4x4
92 250 2x4
03 Bobcat Pioneer
99 Carter Go Kart
85 Honda Odyssey 350
86 Bar Buggy

Old 02-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he he he, to be 18 again..................

Old 02-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I hate to hear that..I'm 18 and I ride in any type of weather..and I can relate on the throttle cable freezing up...nothing stopf me from riding!!!! But I guess you guys had your time so now its the young guns turn....I hate to think of the day were I might not ride because of the weather..sigh...its going to happen...one day anyways...but not for a while....welp I'll make sure I get some riding in for you guys when its nasty outside!!!
Rider 4 life..
quadracer18

Old 02-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Its not really a question of too cold or too wet for me......... My biggest reason for not riding in the mud/rain is how lllloooonnnngggg it takes me to get my quad back to clean again. For me its not worth the 2-3 hours that it takes to get it back to looking normal again.(I know, I know, I'm a pretty boy....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ) It just kills me to spend $6,000 on something then get it that muddy/nasty. I'd just as well wait till it dries up(alittle bit at least), THEN go tear it up....... Maybe I was really meant to be a dune rider..... lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadwrench
I've still got 25 years 'till Social Security, but I guess I just woke up OLD this morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .... Looks like I'm spending my day sitting by the fire, watching TV, and being comfy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
If you're into computer games at all .. get yourself a copy of Call Of Duty, and some buddies all with highspeed internet and startup a game of multiplayer deathmatch!!! What a way to waste a day!!!! It's awesome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ahh yes 18 is a grand age. Nothing stops me from going out and riding. Normally when I do go riding it is in a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans...us Minnesotans like our cold weather ehh... lol . Nothin stops me from riding unless there is lightning or something...then I stay inside for the most part. And as far as buyin a machine that cost 6,000+ and you dont want to get it muddy...then why did you buy it? lol sorry just a question that was on my mind

later

friesen

Old 02-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Muddy is no prob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , but completely cover from head to toe, and an additional 100lbs of mud on the wheeler is just not my idea of a good time. Muddy, SURE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], but Rain for the last month straight has not made the trails very oppertune. Don't get me wrong, muddy is fun, but not slop ridin'.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey quadwrench I know here you are coming from[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I aint into the cold stuff anymore either and it has been colder than a well diggers butt around her and I got a new quad in the garage thats only been rode once.Going to be nice Sunday but muddy.I am going ridding but bet I take the old 400 Sportsman and not the new Scrammy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Well I hope I don't get as old as you fellas cos I find the older I get the more things I have to do which in turn means less time for riding. My opportunities to ride are diminishing mostly due to work and supporting my son (pit crew) whilst he races MX in the summer and ICE racing in the winter.
Our big quading ride has always been May long weekend but even that has been dunfa this year due to my nephew getting married. Some of my best memories are from riding in rainy and cold weather cos the mud is awesome. Yes it takes me many hours to clean and lube my SP but it's worth it.
Like I said, I hope I never get as old as you fellas that won't ride in adverse weather cos I love it. But I'm only 55.