Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My 00 Xpedition lost power

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

425Xpedition,
since you brought it up. my driveshafts, front and rear, make a "clickety clackety" noise. The front is the slip yoke, right there as it comes out of the motor. Its been loose for a while now and as long as I grease it before every ride it hasnt got any worse. The rear wobbles too but the roll pin appears to be intact.

Im just wondering if youve had this same problem.

Old 08-01-2000, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard that clickety clackety on my xped. to. Nothing breaking down nor looks wrong or bad though. Sometimes I dont here it for several rides. Way back when it was on warranty, I would mention it when I brought it in, like when I had an over heat problem long ago. Which turned out to
be a sensor out. When ever I complained about noises they claimed they never found anything wrong. I even tried another shop when my atv overheated again because it was not actually fixed. they never solved the noise problem either.
I also had a problem when my xped. was new where it would jam up tight in reverse. All I can say was that it took extra effort to get it out of reverse. This problem has vanished or gone away on its own now. It has not happened for about 650 miles of riding. It seems that for me. some problems just go away like the longer I drive it the better it works syndrome!?! except for this new noise however. rangerchet

Old 08-01-2000, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just want to thank all of you for the help. I drained the carb, got a new moose 2 stage filter, and the machine is running better than ever.

Thanks again
Mark

Old 08-01-2000, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Rangerchet,
The lift is holding up fine. It is a little harder on parts though. Tie rods have been replaced once but the bike has over 1200 miles on it. Not complaining to much. The lift is actually around 3.5". Performance wise I am trying to figure out a way to get alot more cc's out of the motor. If I get everything to work right I will let everyone know how to do it. I do not want to run the aluminum wheels because they do not make the rears in an 8.5". They also do not have the offset available that I am running. The hard shifting from reverse was most likely from the clutch being adjusted to tight. It will shift easier now because the clutch has some wear on it and had looseened up.

Pfelect,
My driveshafts have been clanking for awhile. The rear wobbles so much now that it breaking the roll pin. Fixing to take it back and get them to replace the yoke. The dealers will tell you that the driveshafts being loose is not a problem but now mine is starting to break the rear roll pin after every couple of rides. So something is not right.

Old 08-04-2000, 01:03 AM
rtu
Weekend Warrior

My 425 and buddies 400 had the same problem last week in a Skidder rut. The mud and water was up to the bottom of the front rack. My bike, as well as his, started refusing any more gas. The next day, I found water in the air box drain. I can think that water was entering my carburetor, causing a governor like response from. It did clear up right away, as soon as I winched my self out of the mid leg mud – on the bike that is. How well is the air box sealed on these bikes? Should one perform waterproofing to the bike, like running the hoses above the gas tank, or snorkeling the bike? I really don't abuse the bike in deep water to set thing straight. I have also heard the noise from the rear end - but the dealer told me it was the breaks. The vents in the rotors cause the break shoes to slap the side of the calipers, hence the noise the rear end. Does any know if this is true?