Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got first Rekluse auto-clutch for Predator!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got first Rekluse auto-clutch for Predator!!

Just got it tonight and plan on installing it tomorrow. This is the 1st Predator this will be on, so I'm going to be the ginnie pig. The guy's at Rekluse have been great, and want me to call on any install questions, and want to get feedback as soon as I get to use it. This will make my Predator into a auto clutch atv with a external adjuster for stall speed. I plan on giving this a true tryout, and plan on racing it at the fall GNCC races. I still have the option of useing the clutch if I want to, because it has a over ride. Check back for feedback.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds cool. Beat it would be great for drag racing too.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

and if it dont work then you get a chance to blow the tranny like some of us others!!! lol
sounds cool... ive never heard of one of those before...

Old 07-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Keep us posted GE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm interested.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

These are some of the advantages.

The z-Start is a retrofit automatic clutch. It works using centrifugal force to automatically and smoothly engage the clutch. The z-Start simply replaces your stock pressure plate with the z-Start pressure plate. External Adjuster allows you to quickly make changes to how your z-Start operates without the need to open you engine case. With the z-Start External Adjuster, you can adjust the engine speed at which the clutch begins to engage (stall speed) and how much clutch "slip" the z-Start provides before becoming fully engaged (engagement rate); all with the twist of an adjuster.

With proper tuning of the z-Start Clutch for track conditions, most riders will be consistently faster off the starting line with a "roll-on" start than by "feathering" the clutch off the line. The z-Start allows the rider to forget about the clutch lever for most racing situations and focus on the track in front of the rider. Without the need to reach for the clutch lever during braking, over jumps and out of corners, fatigue is greatly reduced and control is improved. The rekluse clutch can also be adjusted to act as a slipper clutch. Corner exit speed is typically better because the z-Start "feathers" the clutch perfectly every time. The z-Start is virtually stall proof and even after a crash, most atv can be picked up and ridden away quickly without fear of stalling.

In technical trail sections, the z-Start really shines. Forget about the using the clutch lever to negotiate slow, technical sections and focus completely on the trail in front of you without fear of stalling and precise control of speed and power to the ground. For technical hill climbing, the z-Start allows you to back off the throttle to negotiate obstacles and then reaccelerate without fear of stalling the engine or "looping-out". Most riders can attack corners more aggressively by brake sliding into the corner and then accelerating without the need for delicate clutch work or a gear shift; reducing physical and mental fatigue on the rider.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically it is like the auto clutches system in the older utilty quads, 3 wheelers,etc. except you can adjust it, and I'm sure it is better built to hande abuse.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

that the coolest news i heard since a while,i think i understand the way it changes the whole handling.you'll have the troubles fress fatigue am
and shifting problems while you still have some potent power at the wheels with auto tranny response like,it's revolution!
sounds a very exciting goodies over there...

Old 07-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Well install was going very well, instructions were great and easy to understand. But when you get a part that doesn't fit, it stinks. They gave me the wrong throw out. It just won't fit. So now I have to wait until Mon. to give them a call. Hope they have the right one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

bummer. i wanted to hear a ride report!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Got first Rekluse auto-clutch for Predator!!