Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last Polaris I'll own!!!!

I would still like to know what is wrong with it

Old 10-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Stop babying it ! just ride the heck out of it!!!!

Old 10-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

Yes, i would like to know as well, were these machines new? what kinda of service does your dealer provide? what kind of issues did you have? and if you ride as easy as you say you do, i dont see how anything could break.

I run the he!! outta my efi, we ride em like sport fourwheelers, even tho i know there not built for it, but we do, and it also serves as a usualful tool on my farm. I have never had a problem wiht any polaris porduct until this EFI that i bought....my family and i have had polaris snowmobile and atvs for many many years.....

I have had numerous problems wiht my efi, but the dealer has taken great care of me, as well has polaris, i have had my motor replaced, front diff, computer fuel pump, and rear suspension bolts. and i put 1600 + miles on since june, my other 2 buddies have the same atvs and have put just as many miles on..(since we ride togehter) and we ride the same way, and they havent had any issues.

But if you could be more specific as to what the issues you are and were having it would be a great help.

And if you are fed up with polaris, go out and explore other brands, atving is supposed to be fun no matter what you ride. But rember you can have problems wiht what ever you buy, ford, dodge chevy...polaris,bombadier,yamaha,suziki,kawi.....t heres nothing you can do about if your product is a lemon...its gonna happen no matter what.

But i personally have a great dealer, and feel that them and polaris has gona the extra step to make me happy.

Thats just my thought...

sorry for the long post.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

I feel your pain. I owned a 2001 HO and a 2003 700 and both of them were pieces of crap. I thought maybe it was just a fluke that the 500 demanded so much attention, but when the same things broke on the 700, I knew it was time to move on to another brand. I rode the 500 3,200 miles in a little under 2 years and the 700 2,000 miles in one year w/o being stranded, but that was only b/c my pre-ride checks were so thorough. I'd take it out one weekend and it would be in the shop for the next three. Luckily, I had the extended warranty on both machines, which paid for themselves easily. My machines were stock except for k&n air filter. I always ran 25 inch tires and maintained them well, but it was always something. My friends who owned hondas, kawasakis, yamahas and even arctic cats were riding the same trails as me and they were never doing the kind of repairs that I was.

I now own a 2004 grizzly and so far am perfectly happy with it. Granted, it doesn't have enough miles (650) on it yet to prove whether or not it is more dependable than the polaris ATVs that I owned, but it certainly doesn't have far to go before it does.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I feel for you.I was also in the same boat as you.I bought a brand new 99 500cc Sportsman and it was VERY problematic.I liked it enough to buy a new 2000 400cc Xplorer.This quad was 2x worse than my 1999 Sportsman.EVERY ride had SOMETHING go wrong with these two quads.I FINALLY had enough of Polaris and bought my 2003 Honda Rincon 2 yrs ago.It does not have all the features as the Polaris quads did,but features dont mean nothing if you cant use them because of breakdowns or part failures.

My Rincon has been very reliable and my blood pressure went back to normal after a few weeks of owning it.Sure was nice to be riding instead of the quad being tied up for warrenty work like my Polaris ATVs.

Old 10-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

I like the polaris product. But my dealer is an idiot. Rude, and just dont care if he sells you the product or not.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 98 Scrambler 400 an love it. I have had the normal problems of a 2 stroke engine. I run the **** out of it too. I have a plow on it here for snow. As far as chains an sproket one set. 2 belts ,2 topend 2nd was my fault. I here alot of people with problem an most seem to be with belts an usally the rider fault. If you are have the belt issue when get wet the price of other companys belt are alot higher so be careful. I 95 Trailblazer has been nothing but great. My new Predator has been running great too. An no im not the best with mantnice. I know that there are two differnt kinds of riders out there a fast hard rider an a quick an easy rider my friend is a fast hard rider an has more problem then me am im quick an easy.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lets see some pics of these quads.......also did you buy them new??? Are you a horrible "looker overer" if you bought them used???

Old 10-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Until a person can provide more information as to what broke, how it broke etc there isnt any substance to this post. Like a previous post indicated. They can all be good and they can all be bad.

Quick Reply: Last Polaris I'll own!!!!