Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Last Polaris I'll own!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last Polaris I'll own!!!!

I have had my fill of Polaris breakdowns for the last time!!!!!
I WILL NOT OWN ANOTHER POLARIS, even if I have to give up 4-wheeling, again![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Every Polaris I’ve ever owned (1996 Sportsman 500, 1999 Explorer 300 & 2002 Sportsman X 500 H.O.) has been in the shop and cost no less than $150.00 a pop!!! I’ve tried to take care of these 4-wheelers as best as I can. I am not rough on them (too old for that). But I can’t keep them out of the shop!!!! After every ride I give them a bath and even grease all the fittings!! I even keep them in the garage and leave my truck to the elements but nothing seems to help. It’s been something different almost every time!!! Everything from chains & sprockets to clutch to carburetor to electrical system!!

EXAMPLE: I’ve been on 3 rides this year and each trip I’ve either limped or been towed back to the trailer with a completely different breakdown. Does anyone know how embarrassing it is to have this to happen 3 times, out of 3 rides, in less than 9 months!!!???

Riding 4-wheeler’s is my most favorite way to get out and get away from everything but if it’s going to cost $150.00 or more every time I ride, then forget it (The last ride (Oct. 9) cost me over $450.00)!!
It makes you mad and depressed at the same time after spending the first $2500.00 for just repairs in 2 years no matter which brand of ATV you ride!!!! Mine just happens to be a Polaris.
You know it’s really bad when the other guys, you ride with, talk about the new mods for their machines and I’m talking about what’ll have to be repaired when I get back home!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Sy

Old 10-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like ur not doing something right...ive never had any troubles except my bearing carrier

Old 10-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

i had a couple of boots rip and that is it my buddy rides it like he stole it and never has a problem and no mainttenance to it

Old 10-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked.
I'm open to suggestions.

Old 10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

well what kind of problems is it having that would help us

Old 10-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No problems here, and we've owned polaris for about 12 years now. No problems other than the ones I've caused, and the others that seem to be normal with other people's problems.

Old 10-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

So far i have had my polaris 2004.05 sportsman 500 h.o for about 4 months.
I have punished it really bad and have not had any problems. it cost me 35 bucks canadian for a tune up.

maybe there is soemthing with your dealer?

My firend has had his for about the same time has put over 600 miles without going back for a breakin and is having no problems,

look like you either have bad luck or a day dealer,.

start looking for a new dealer.

Old 10-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Did you buy the quads new? What exactly were the problem areas? Chains and sprockets do wear out. They wear out even faster if they are not properly adjusted and lubed. You own a Utility Quad. Not a sport model.

Old 10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

thats too bad

Old 10-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should just try another brand, maybe Honda or Suzuki.

Quick Reply: Last Polaris I'll own!!!!