Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Share your scarry ATV moments

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will make my story short and sweet.

Teaching wife how to ride.
25 foot long "slush" hole. (month of march)
"Give it a little throttle honey"
"Damit!!!! Let go of the throttle!!!!"

Sufiseth to say we hydroplaned over the whole 25 foot slush puddle jumped over a 7 foot hard-packed snow bank and landed on a huge tree stump. Stuck on top of the stump, wheels about 12" in the air. 30 minutes to get it off of there. 1 hour to dig it out of the snow after.

"Oops" She said.

Old 09-13-2000, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Now I understand why you call yourself "BigBubba"! When you and that quad were floating along you were thinking,"I don't know why I ain't sinkin' but it must be all that gas the quad and me been makin'." :0)
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

Old 09-15-2000, 04:10 AM
Trailblazer

Have to reply to this one. We had a group of buddies and some family riding together. There was 220's and various 4x4's. Anyway we split off, me and Greg Sims was gonna do some swimming with our quads in this pond and let the 220's play together. Well my wife and her brother was racing on a long straight right of way that has about 3 to 4 foot drop off in the middle she hit it wide open. Both quad and wife was messed up but both survived. The scary part was, imagine this. Greg had one arm on his sp and the other on the grizz, I was pulling him to shallower water when my brother-n-law came and what I thought he said was my wife was dead. So here I go (poor Gregs arms) to the accident and there is tons of people all around my wife, I was so scared I felt sick. She was checked by a paramedic that was riding that day and nothing was broken. I knew she was ok when I bent down and she said "I still beat him" She did ride some more that day. One hell of a woman.

TAZ

Old 09-16-2000, 04:37 AM
Range Rover

it seems that all my scarry atv moments happen at glamis CA.
#1 I was trying to make it up a VERY steep sand hill on a 1989 blaster,due to the fact it was so under powered I figured I had better get a good run at it so I get to the top and fliped the thing over, man I have never seen a quad do so many flips down a hill.Since Iam 10 foot tall and bullit proof I gave it another go...flip #2
so I went back to camp 6 foot tall and sore.
#2glamis night riding on my old 85 tecate 250
doing about 55-60mph and lunched it off a witch-eye dune that I could have sworen was the way I had came but I had some how moved over one dune.
well at the very last second I seen that there was no dune in front of me and it was to late to stop so I said eject...eject...eject...
I ate about 10lbs of sand but didnt fill a thing(man i love that soft sand)the tecate was F.U.B.A.R so I went back to camp and hopped on the ol'sport 400 and continued my night riding
ended up parting out the tecate..to bad that thing ripped

Old 09-17-2000, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

my scariest moment in atv riding is when I decided to take my friend's son's little badger atv for a ride. I'm 306 pound and I looked like a monkey trying to "F" a football. I decided to ride it down in a small ditch and started tumbling *** over tea kettle. Two broken legs and 35 stitches later in my head later....... lets just say after all that resting I was able to stack on 35 more pounds. Needless to say I can't wait to get back on that thing...haha

Old 09-17-2000, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

The scariest thing that has ever happened to me is:I was over at my friends house, he has a Yamaha Timberwolf, and we was going through a field, and a pin came out of the top right wheel A frame.The wheel buckled up underneath the 4-wheeler.It slung me off, and it held on to him, I had to pick it up off hhim.

The scariest thing I have ever seen though is:A friend of mine flip a 300 4trx down the side of a hill.We was going on the side of a big hill.There was a bunch of ditches(each about 1 foot deep)and I got off and he was having to jump them.I was walking ahead of him so I could tell him where they was.He got in front of me for a little bit, and before I could say "STOP!" he hit a huge ditch.It come to a dead stop, and since we was on a hill he started flipping down the hill.He jumped off but in its path.It fliped at least 4 times before I could get to it.When I stopped it, it was on his leg.It scared the **** out of me.