Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Horrible Dealer Service, Any Advice????

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible Dealer Service, Any Advice????

I live in Louisville,TN.(Blount Co.) What dealer are you talking about? I want to make sure I stay away from them.
Thanks,
Dave
P.S. Hopefully they will change if they see and hear about the bad service they give. Hell, all we want to do is enjoy life and ride!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

As soon as I get it back I'll let you know. I'd hate for them to see it while they still had my machine. I really wanted to buy it from my original Polaris Dealer, but he couldn't get me a Mossy Oak 500, so I went elsewhere. I don't think we left on bad terms, I have sent him 3 people in the last year alone who have all bought machines from him on my recommendation, we were on a pretty good basis before I bought my at the other place. I'm going to give him a call first thing tomorrow and see if he'll do the warranty repair on the AWD, order me a fan and tell him he will win back the rest of my business from here on out, like I said, I wanted to stay with him, but he was out of MO camo 500s when I was ready to buy. He's is one of the "good ones". My first was a 02 Sp 500, and I had an horrible time with the AWD. It stayed in the shop more than I had it for the first six months, he replaced every single part of the AWD, from switch to complete hub and spindle, EVERYTHING, even a complete wiring harness, when the harness didn't fix it after his recommendation, there was no charge at all for it, and it was well over $200 I heard. He finally apologized, told me that the hubs were known to stick a little in reverse due to the design, but my machine did it worse than he had ever saw or even heard about, but he had replaced the whole AWD system, every component. This is the main reason I got rid of my '02 was to upgrade to the new hub-less design on the '04.5s, now it's screwed up too, kind of makes me want to scream. I am still for Polaris, tried and true, and really wouldn't want to ride anything else for now, I just want it fixed.
I will say the good dealer was in Boone, NC, a really awesome dealer, I would recommend him highly, I called from Charlotte to Knoxville, Atlanta to Lexington, and besides Chattanooga, TN, he was as cheap if not lower, and I totally recommend his service, he is up front, straight up dealer.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i was thinking the same thing as Junkie.

you MUST list who this terrible dealer is ANDYEMS to protect other TN folks from going through the same hell as you are.

a call to the Better Business Bureau is also in order.

-MT

Old 12-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

That's cool! I just have always tried to treat people as I would want to be treated and that is honestly. If you do the right thing(I am talking about your dealer) then everything else will fall in place. I do not understand why companies(dealers) behave like that. It is alot less stressfull and you end up with more customers if you just do the right thing. If any dealers are reading this, you can be a crook and make alot of money in short, but you will not last. Word of mouth and ofcourse the internet is a powerfull thing. Please keep me informed.
Thanks again,
Dave

Old 12-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

Well, finally got my machine back today. It's not fixed, but got it from the original dealer I bought it from. The fan STILL had not come in, even though it was ordered over 2 weeks ago. I went to Boone, NC and he said he'd order my parts, have them by Thursday probably, will do the AWD under warranty and said when he gets the parts, I can bring it and wait on it, it will be ready that day. He actually took me behind the counter, we opened up the parts diagram together on the computer, looked at all the parts, prices, told me he'd be glad to fix it, and I didn't even buy it from him, how's that for AWESOME dealer service. His price to fix everything was $200 less also. That's Boone Polaris, Boone, NC if anyone is interested.
Here's the good part. I went to pick up the machine at Land and Lake Polaris in Abingdon, VA (the name of Boone, NC is also Land & Lake, technically, but he goes by just Boone Polaris. They use to be in business together and had a split for some reason, go figure.) Anyway, I go in to pick it up, and the tech tells me he'll just cancel the order for the parts, which was perfectly fine with me. He then proceeds to tell me that I owe him $25 for a half hour of labor charge on the machine. I asked him what labor was done on it since it was never touched or took apart. He said it was for the tech who looked at it, decided what was wrong, what needed to be ordered, etc, that it took him 30 minutes to look at it and decide what it needed, so there was a $25 charge for labor. He said I could settle-up with him when I came back for warranty work on it, but I really don't think I'll ever grace his doors again, and I don't see me handing over $25 for him keeping it for 3 weeks and doing absolutely nothing besides telling me what I already knew was broken and needed to be fixed.
This dealer was Land and Lake Polaris in Abingdon, VA. Just so everyone knows. Everything I have wrote is the truth, this might be a really good dealer with really good service techs, but this is MY experience with them. I'm not saying they are bad all together, don't want to get in trouble for slander, i'm just giving my truthful experience with them.
Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and insight, and reading the long stories I have wrote about my experiences. Merry Christmas, stay safe.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would not worry about slander or anything like that. All you wanted was good service and you did not get good service from that particular dealer. They will soon find out, hopefully, that bad service gets you no where fast. Thanks from me and anyone else reading this thread for the information. I hope you get back to riding soon! Have a safe and Merry Christmas as well!
Dave

Old 01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

Thought I'd update everyone who replied to my thread.
I finally got my machine fixed and ready to go on Friday. It was $110 less than the first dealer, he ordered the parts on Tuesday, got them on Thursday, I took it on the next Wed, it was ready the next day. He fixed my AWD, had to replace the armature plate and the outer diff. cover, did that under warranty, and even installed my progressive shocks while he had it tore apart. He acted like he was glad to work on it for me. This is one of the good dealers out there. Boone Polaris/Kawasaki, Boone, NC 828-264-6767. Thanks to everyone who replied with ideas and advice.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Good deal, glad it is fixed and you can get out and ride again...

Old 01-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the update.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

andyems
i'm glad you landed a good dealer. glad you got your ATV fixed. sounds like the nightmare is finally over!

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]